PDA

View Full Version : I propose a rating system for

Hamhock
1/10/2008, 01:46 PM
the self-checkout lane. Similar to the way they rate ski slopes. We could have Expert, Literate, Retard.

Everyone would take a one-time proficiency test. A card would be issued to you based on whether or not you are able to find your butt with both hands.

The whole idea of increased efficiency is totally negated when the person in front of you can't operate a basic calculator and requires assistance from the supervisor for every other item.

mdklatt
1/10/2008, 01:48 PM
the self-checkout lane. Similar to the way they rate ski slopes. We could have Expert, Literate, Retard.

Everyone would take a one-time proficiency test. A card would be issued to you based on whether or not you are able to find your butt with both hands.

People don't obey the "10 items or less" rules (:mad:) so what makes you think this would work?

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2008, 01:49 PM
I'd just be happy if 2 of 4 weren't always out of order.

Hamhock
1/10/2008, 01:50 PM
People don't obey the "10 items or less" rules (:mad:) so what makes you think this would work?

:les: you wouldn't be able to use the self-checkout until you scanned your card proving you knew how.

i can see which lane you would fit in.

soonerinabilene
1/10/2008, 01:51 PM
Do you get a free pass for killing an alleycat with a crossbow?

usmc-sooner
1/10/2008, 01:54 PM
I'd be in the idiot lane, they have to help me a lot.

toast
1/10/2008, 03:09 PM
they need to have the same rating system for the check-out employees as well.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2008, 03:11 PM
Isn't that the truth.

frankensooner
1/10/2008, 03:15 PM
I don't mind them at Lowes so much. If you are buying wood by the foot, plywood, bags of quickcrete or bolts it is just easier to go to a real cashier.

Oh, and obligatory "Wal Mart sucks"

StoopTroup
1/10/2008, 03:35 PM
I bet Walmart has folks apply for cashier because they can use the self-checkout.

TUSooner
1/10/2008, 03:42 PM
The store where we shop got bought out, and the new owners scrapped the self-checkouts. I thought that might be bad, at first. But the new folks now keep many more regular lanes open than the old guys did, and it sure beats the heck out of self-checkouts.

Boomer.....
1/10/2008, 03:48 PM
If the bagging system would only realize that you have indeed put an item in the bag and not call for assistance, it would go a lot smoother.

frankensooner
1/10/2008, 03:54 PM
If the bagging system would only realize that you have indeed put an item in the bag and not call for assistance, it would go a lot smoother.

That is another good thing about Lowes, they have a skip bagging feature. I guess if your are buying a bathtub or riding lawn mower, that button comes in handy.

toast
1/10/2008, 03:59 PM
I don't know - I like to carry my new riding lawn mower out in a bag, usually have to double bag though.

mdklatt
1/10/2008, 04:58 PM
If y'all want a foolproof method of which checkout/bank/fast food/ticket taker/etc. lane to not got in, just watch where I go. The last time I want grocery shopping there was one lane with one woman in it, and all the other lanes had at least 2-3 people in them. I was skeptical, because I know I always end up in the slow lane, but I took a chance anyway. I was wrong. The one woman ahead of me must have found a shopping cart with a black hole in it, because she just pulling items out of it. Of course, by the time I realized I was screwed I was past the point of no return so I was stuck.

IB4OU2
1/10/2008, 05:09 PM
I always use self checkout when I buy feminine products...

for my wife. :O