PDA

View Full Version : Non-Conference (12-3) Where did you have us?

soonervegas
1/10/2008, 12:48 PM
I had us at 10-5 at this juncture with losses to Memphis, Kentucky (they dodged us), USC, Gonzaga, and W. Virginia. I didn't see SFA coming, but I also didn't see us sweeping Arky, Gonzaga, and W. Virg.

I have us going 9-7 in conference play and I would bank that right now if I could with 5 games to play between UT, A&M, and Kansas.

I think 21-10 with a 1st round big 12 victory get us in the dance at 22-11, especially if we can add a UT or A&M home win to our non-conference victories.

What did everyone else have and how do you see conference play going?

OUSKINS
1/10/2008, 12:53 PM
I was thinking 11-4 or 10-5. I definitely did not have us sweeping the three straight tough games, and I was afraid we were going to drop two in NYC.

I also agree with the 9-7 precition. I think that puts clearly on the inside of the bubble. 8-8 would be the "iffy" one, where it would all depend on who we beat, how we finished, and what went on the Big 12 Tourney. Get to 9 wins and we're in, IMO. 10 or more? Start thinking about a good seed.

SleestakSooner
1/10/2008, 04:51 PM
If AJ will step up and play with consistency and keep dishing like he did during that WVU game this team will go far.

Crocker, Godbold, Taylor Griffin and Clark are all good role players that need to continue giving us points and rebounds.

Longar and Blake are the keys and if they stay out of foul trouble and keep playing like they have since the SFA game this team will dance and even perhaps make a big push come tourney time.

I did not think the team would be sitting at 12-3 now. I thought the Zags would take OU down and WVU was a definate loss. I would have said 10-5 or 11-4 as well looking at the schedule.

Hopefully Steven F'n Austin will keep winning to make that home loss to a big dog look somewhat respectable, but sometimes you need to get your a$$ handed to you on your own court to wake up teh playas!

OUSKINS
1/10/2008, 05:49 PM
If AJ will step up and play with consistency and keep dishing like he did during that WVU game this team will go far.

Crocker, Godbold, Taylor Griffin and Clark are all good role players that need to continue giving us points and rebounds.

Longar and Blake are the keys and if they stay out of foul trouble and keep playing like they have since the SFA game this team will dance and even perhaps make a big push come tourney time.

I did not think the team would be sitting at 12-3 now. I thought the Zags would take OU down and WVU was a definate loss. I would have said 10-5 or 11-4 as well looking at the schedule.

Hopefully Steven F'n Austin will keep winning to make that home loss to a big dog look somewhat respectable, but sometimes you need to get your a$$ handed to you on your own court to wake up teh playas!

The SFA loss may turn out to be the single biggest POSITIVE for this season. Capel even said it-- if we beat SFA, we probably don't win those three games in a row. Capel did a masterful job of capitalizing on an opportunity following a major blunder.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/10/2008, 05:51 PM
The SFA loss may turn out to be the single biggest POSITIVE for this season. Capel even said it-- if we beat SFA, we probably don't win those three games in a row. Capel did a masterful job of capitalizing on an opportunity following a major blunder.

Mucho Spek! I've said this since the Arkansas game and it was reaffirmed after the Gonzaga game. West Virginia was just icing on the cake.

stoopified
1/11/2008, 02:04 PM
I had us going 2-3 BUT beating SFA and losing to WV.I admit that beating the Hogs and Zags was more hope than faith but I figured playing in front of the home fanswould give us a boost.I think in retrospect the win over the Zags in OKC was not a home win because so many Poke fans were there.I noticed after they lost they stayed for the OU game and I KNOW they weren't rooting for OU to win.

I had OU pegged for 9-7 in conference but I was thinking that they could move above that mark.With the loss of Clark I'm going to stick with 9-7.As stated above if we can get a couple of wins againat UT,aTm,KU should be enough to ensure NCAA invite.I think the KSU game is CRITICAL to us getting off on the right foot in conference.