PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

r5TPsooner
1/10/2008, 11:57 AM
Jut purchased the wife a new vehicle last weekend and it came with three months of XM free. We really like the choices and it's much better than what you get locally, Does anyone have any opinions on them as a company in general?

TIA

OUDoc
1/10/2008, 11:58 AM
XM and Sirius combined, didn't they?

I've never had a problem with XM.

BudSooner
1/10/2008, 12:08 PM
I've considered getting Sirius, has anyone used that service?
XM was an option before but since i'm a Nascar moron, that's not an option anymore..unless the "merger" plays into this.

Boarder
1/10/2008, 12:33 PM
I've considered getting Sirius, has anyone used that service?
XM was an option before but since i'm a Nascar moron, that's not an option anymore..unless the "merger" plays into this.
You'll LOVE the NASCAR coverage. Several driver channels, one channel with year round coverage. It's nice. The only thing is if you watch all the races you don't really listen to the Sirius while it's on.

I had XM and switched to Sirius. Mainly because the sports coverage (that I like anyway) is much better with Sirius.

Who knows what the merger will do. Nothing has changed so far.

Norman Sooner
1/10/2008, 01:04 PM
I have Sirius and love it. Cam in real handy on the way to Big 12 Championship and Phoenix..

Sooner_Havok
1/10/2008, 01:18 PM
The two companies have agreed to terms of a merger and are waiting on an FCC ruling to go ahead with it.

I have Sirius and love it, but have been thinking about switching over to XM just because their equipment is cheaper. (I have a sportster radio and want a in dash head unit.) The only things keeping me from doing that are

1. I like the content Sirius has more than what XM offers. NFL, NCAA, and alot more rock options

2. The new XM satellites launched can broadcast on both Sirius and XM frequency. Sirius satellites only broadcast on Sirius frequency. That leqads me to believe that if the merger does go through, my Sirius will be in a better position than an XM radio would be.

Don't get me wrong, they both pwn regular radio, but I am waiting for the merger before a make another move. From what I have heard, owners of both systems will be able to pick and choose from each providers current stations, but the fact that XM launched a new satellite that can do both XM and Sirius has me thinking that Sirius will be the slightly better option.

Whet
1/10/2008, 01:38 PM
I have both.... originally, our GM vehicle came with XM, but with the NASCAR thing, I wanted Sirius, so I purchased a Sirius module and switched out the XM. I also purchased a second portable Sirius, so I could use it in the house, the second car, and the RV. I really like Sirius because of the sports. I then replaced my second car with another GM, which has the XM with the 3 months free. I haven't decided on what to do about the XM subscription because of the impending merger of the two companies.

But, with either service - I enjoy satellite radio and listen to it more than over-the-air broadcasts. It is great for traveling, as well.

OU4LIFE
1/10/2008, 02:01 PM
I have Sirius as well. I picked in mainly because of the Big 12 sports coverage. XM was the SEC network....who knows what the merger will do.

walkoffsooner
1/10/2008, 02:39 PM
I have xm it was my choice because they have mlb. I bought the one you can record on and love it.

bluedogok
1/10/2008, 10:48 PM
I have had Sirius for four years now, I originally got it when I was commuting weekly between Austin and Dallas. My wife likes it for the older stations, I have it for the sports and the rock selection. We bought a new Starmate Replay for my wifes car and put her old unit in her dad's pickup, so we have three of them now. I don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore.

Soonerus
1/10/2008, 10:58 PM
I have XM and love it...

OUAndy1807
1/10/2008, 11:56 PM
I enjoy XM, but now that I have my inno all I listen to is Ron and Fez and some replays of Coast to Coast AM that I tape overnight. Also, I like Opie and Anthony more than Stern.

MamaMia
1/11/2008, 12:06 AM
I like my XM except for the fact that they don't have a Big XII conference channel yet. Unless a Big XII team is playing against someone in a conference who has a channel you cant pick it up unless Fox or ESPN is carrying it.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/11/2008, 12:55 AM
I like my XM except for the fact that they don't have a Big XII conference channel yet. Unless a Big XII team is playing against someone in a conference who has a channel you cant pick it up unless Fox or ESPN is carrying it.
Well, Texas and OSU signed up with XM. You can listen to those teams if you wish.;)
BTW, my new car came equipped with the three months free XM and it's been awesome. I've had XM for nearly three years now; mostly got it because of the MLB package. Only drawback is I can't pause or playback a previous song on my car radio than I did on my receiver, which I'm now keeping for home use.

OU4LIFE
1/11/2008, 09:04 AM
Well, Texas and OSU signed up with XM.

two VERY solid reason to go with Sirius.

OUDoc
1/11/2008, 09:14 AM
I like my XM except for the fact that they don't have a Big XII conference channel yet.
My XM does. I just got it in my car a few weeks ago, so I don't know what that channel really broadcasts (or remember what channel it's on), but it's listed on there. My wife's car has had XM for about a year now, she loves it.

OUDoc
1/11/2008, 09:17 AM
241 and 242

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/full-channel-listing.xmc

OU4LIFE
1/11/2008, 09:24 AM
...whatever it takes.

OUDoc
1/11/2008, 09:31 AM
...whatever it takes.
You wanna beer?
It's 7 in the morning.
Scotch?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/12/2008, 01:09 AM
XM is awesome!! I never listen to any local radio stations.

william_brasky
1/12/2008, 01:38 AM
XM radio future upgrades...very cool (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

MamaMia
1/15/2008, 11:48 AM
My XM does. I just got it in my car a few weeks ago, so I don't know what that channel really broadcasts (or remember what channel it's on), but it's listed on there. My wife's car has had XM for about a year now, she loves it.Thank you. I wouldn't have even thought to look again. :)