PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboy fans think they're so funny

MamaMia
1/9/2008, 10:50 PM
So, I'm in the United buying some evaporated milk. Down the aisle comes my died in the wool, osu tailgate RV rollin', boot wearing, cattle herding, Amway selling, orange pick up truck driving, pearly button shirt makin', pistol Pete lovin' neighbor and her skoal dippin' husband/cousin. She very loudly told him that she thought I was there getting stuff to make some Sooner cookies. I knew it was coming so I braced myself with a forced smile. She asked me if I knew how to make Sooner cookies. I politely said "no' at which time she informed me that you put all the ingredients into a big bowl and beat 'em up for 4 hours. :(

85sooners
1/9/2008, 10:51 PM
:rolleyes:

OKCIS
1/9/2008, 11:02 PM
you should have replied

Do you know how to make cowboy bread? when she said no you say thats not suprising no one does cause every season they put the "dough" out to rise but it just keeps falling flat.....

Flying Scotsman
1/9/2008, 11:04 PM
okay. we'll give you some love for that one....

Curly Bill
1/9/2008, 11:05 PM
So, I'm in the United buying some evaporated milk. Down the isle comes my died in the wool, osu tailgate RV rollin', boot wearing, cattle herding, Amway selling, orange pick up truck driving, pearly button shirt makin', pistol Pete lovin' and her skoal dippin' husband/cousin. She very loudly told him that she thought I was there getting stuff to make some Sooner cookies. I knew it was coming so I braced myself with a forced smile. She asked me if I knew how to make Sooner cookies. I politely said "no' at which time she informed me that you put all the ingredients into a big bowl and beat 'em up for 4 hours. :(

Coming from a Cowboy fan or not, that's pretty dang funny. Might as well laugh about our fortunes, it beats crying. ;)

lauderdalesooner
1/9/2008, 11:15 PM
I would have asked her "If the recipe is that simple then why can't your cowboys figure it out?"

olevetonahill
1/9/2008, 11:20 PM
Id have said " **** off dip **** "

OUinFLA
1/9/2008, 11:32 PM
So, I'm in the United buying some evaporated milk. Down the isle comes my died in the wool, osu tailgate RV rollin', boot wearing, cattle herding, Amway selling, orange pick up truck driving, pearly button shirt makin', pistol Pete lovin' and her skoal dippin' husband/cousin. She very loudly told him that she thought I was there getting stuff to make some Sooner cookies. I knew it was coming so I braced myself with a forced smile. She asked me if I knew how to make Sooner cookies. I politely said "no' at which time she informed me that you put all the ingredients into a big bowl and beat 'em up for 4 hours. :(

well, which was it? her husband or her cous.....
oh, wait...... osu aggie fan ......... I get it.

Sco
1/10/2008, 12:26 AM
I'll admit. I laughed. It's only funny cuz it's true, though.

tdsooner1321
1/10/2008, 01:09 AM
Gotta give them credit for figuring out they can take out 'Notre Dame' and insert 'Oklahoma' in the bowl game jokes.

OUDoc
1/10/2008, 09:08 AM
The joke I was told:

Why does Bob Stoops eat his Cheerios on a plate?
Because if he puts them in a bowl, he loses them.

Not bad, assuming I can laugh at our misfortune, which I can't.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/10/2008, 09:29 AM
I am just glad that we didn't get routed by the best team in the universe or get beat in a goddamned fairy tale 'rudy' game this year.

Got beat by a decent WV team. Funny jokes. I can sleep.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/10/2008, 10:22 AM
I can't. Hence why I'll never eat another cookie, but feast on unleavened bread.

FOREVER.

virginiasooner
1/10/2008, 10:32 AM
Aggie fans who are still beating the Sooner Lost drum need to get a life. My rule during football season is you have until Monday afternoon to tease somebody, then you move on. Frankly, I got a lot of sympathy from my co-workers about the loss, the only teasing was from an aTm, and his was "at least we lost to a legitimate football power."

Curly Bill
1/10/2008, 10:39 AM
Aggie fans who are still beating the Sooner Lost drum need to get a life. My rule during football season is you have until Monday afternoon to tease somebody, then you move on. Frankly, I got a lot of sympathy from my co-workers about the loss, the only teasing was from an aTm, and his was "at least we lost to a legitimate football power."

There's no time limit on being able to razz the enemy. That's part of the fun, and it's a never ending process. :D

MamaMia
1/10/2008, 10:46 AM
Aggie fans who are still beating the Sooner Lost drum need to get a life. My rule during football season is you have until Monday afternoon to tease somebody, then you move on. Frankly, I got a lot of sympathy from my co-workers about the loss, the only teasing was from an aTm, and his was "at least we lost to a legitimate football power." [OU/Texas]Good luck with that[OU/Texas]. :D

TopDawg
1/10/2008, 10:47 AM
At least we lost to a legitimate football team. Hell, historically, Notre Dame is a legitimate football power...but I don't know of many losses that would be more embarrassing than a loss to this year's Irish.

OSU fans don't realize that it's much easier to underachieve all year and then beat a team like Indiana in a minor bowl game than to compete with the best. A&M fans don't realize a lot of things.

virginiasooner
1/10/2008, 12:12 PM
Don't be too hard on my aTm co-worker. I've got three crisp one dollar bills pinned to my bulletin board. Next year I'll have four crisp one dollar bills pinned to my bulletin board. And I've also got a Michigan co-worker. I really laid into him after Appy State. But when they lost to Oregon a week later, all I could ask him (cuz he was there) was "what happened?" And last week he was surprised to see me at work the day after the game, thinking I would take more time to mourn our loss. Hey, I'm like Adrian -- I heal fast.

BrockLanders
1/10/2008, 12:12 PM
The joke I was told..

"What do the Sooners and weed have in common?
They both get smoked in bowls."

Sorta funny..on weeeeeed

TopDawg
1/10/2008, 12:38 PM
"what happened?"

http://wirelessmedia.ign.com/wireless/image/article/774/774881/wha_happened_1174526049.jpg

Hey, wha happened? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D421N6xlisg)

NYC Poke
1/10/2008, 12:50 PM
Nothing about wrestling? It doesn't sound like they're really OSU fans.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/10/2008, 01:04 PM

Aggie (capital "A") and aggie (lower case "a") need to look up "legitimate" and "relevant", properly apply them to both Penn State and West Virginia, then realize that neither applies to their finite football programs.

You may have to explain "finite" to them.

picasso
1/10/2008, 01:35 PM
I've had two Aggies try to talk smack to me and it's beyond belief why they would attempt to do so. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I guess winning the Poulan Cow Sack Bowl is better than winning the conference title.

TopDawg
1/10/2008, 01:42 PM
I had one aggot say something like this to me:

Aggot: OK, so let me get this straight. You take Oklahoma and you take West Virginia....... (clearly indicating that it shouldn't even be close)
Me: What happens when you take Oklahoma and Oklahoma State?
Aggot: OK, well you got me there (he was a young aggot, the brainwashing wasn't complete). But still...you take Oklahoma and you take West Virginia

The rest of the people around me were Sooners, too, so we just began to ignore him at this point.

Of course, what he didn't realize is that the underlying premise behind his statement is that Oklahoma is such a great program, that we should be embarrassed to lose to the #9 team in the nation on a neutral field with 5 of our starters out. I'll take it.

TopDawg
1/10/2008, 01:51 PM
I guess winning the Poulan Cow Sack Bowl is better than winning the conference title.

I was sitting right across the aisle from a Tech section at our game in Lubbock and some of their fans were giving our fans a hard time as they began to leave toward the end of the game. "Go back to Norman" and stuff like that.

Me: We'll make a stop in San Antonio on the way.*
Techie: Like anyone cares about that.
Me: :confused:

It was such a ridiculous claim it was one of the first times I've ever been rendered speechless in smack talk. If he hadn't been surrounded by mostly good-natured Tech fans, I probably would've countered back, but it was clear by my reaction, and by the reaction of the Tech fans around him, that what he had just said was utterly stupid.

*Just to be clear, I wasn't one of the ones leaving early. I just waited until the aisle was clear and he had yelled at the last passer-by and then said that.

picasso
1/10/2008, 01:53 PM
go back to Norman? Gladly. If I was in Lubbock I'd gladly go back to Russia.

Shoulda told him to go back to his Daddy Bobby Knight.

picasso
1/10/2008, 01:54 PM
or, you shoulda said "I will, your Mom's waiting on me."

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2008, 04:09 PM
Coming from an OSU fan a bowl joke is a little like Tina talking smack to Ike.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2008, 04:31 PM
Gotta give them credit for figuring out they can take out 'Notre Dame' and insert 'Oklahoma' in the bowl game jokes.I didn't think it would come to this, but you're right.

NYC Poke
1/10/2008, 04:46 PM
The joke I was told..

"What do the Sooners and weed have in common?
They both get smoked in bowls."

Sorta funny..on weeeeeed

The response: at least you know how to pack them.

You're welcome.

tulsaoilerfan
1/10/2008, 04:59 PM
Aggie would kill their first born to get embarrassed in a BCS bowl

MextheBulldog
1/10/2008, 05:50 PM
Not that funny or original.

dominationStation
1/10/2008, 07:26 PM
none of those jokes are funny. Well I guess they are if your as F****** ignorant as those aggots. When you have nothing else to do but hump your brother those kind of jokes just enter your head i guess.

CtheB
1/11/2008, 06:13 AM
Insert Ugly Chick-Supermodel analogy here.

Jacie
1/11/2008, 07:15 AM
They ARE funny, just not in the way the average person wants to be perceived as funny.

Crimsontothecore
1/11/2008, 08:28 AM
The jealous kid sisters from stoolwater have to take their victories where they can get them. They can't win on the field so they have to talk s*** whenever OU loses a game to someone else. Pretty weak and pathetic really. All I know is that when I slap them back down I feel kinda weird...almost like I just tied together the shoe laces of a downs kid.

sooneron
1/11/2008, 10:50 AM
They must have loved going to their bowl game. Shreveport is a step up from Stoolwater.

SoonerTerry
1/11/2008, 12:04 PM
go back to Norman? Gladly. If I was in Lubbock I'd gladly go back to Russia.

Shoulda told him to go back to his Daddy Bobby Knight.

"Lubbock, where you can stand on a tuna can and see for 200 miles"

-Ron White

Rhino
1/11/2008, 12:17 PM
You should have killed him.

pennsooner
1/11/2008, 01:05 PM
All I can say is, "Cowboy....Troy!"

stoopified
1/11/2008, 02:29 PM
My reply to the OSU fans I have encontered is I'M SORRY BUT WASN'T THE OU -OSU score 49-0.To which they reply:NO IT WAS 49-17.My rebuttal:JUST CHECKING.

fossil
1/11/2008, 02:39 PM
You might want to add our loss was in a bowl that was actually televised.

goingoneight
1/12/2008, 02:39 AM
Know how to stop an aggy from masturbating?

Paint his **** crimson and cream, he won't beat it for at least five years.

Cam
1/12/2008, 11:37 AM
The day after the game I'm sitting in my cube and I over hear this:

poke 1: "poke 2 just IM'd me and said "how bout them Sooners?". My reply was that it was the happiest day of my life."

I didn't say a word. After an hour or so, poke 3 comes to me and says she needs some help if I had a few minutes.

My response:
That depends. Is today the happiest day in your life since OU lost? My happiest days are my wedding day and the births of my children. Do you really wonder why people laugh at you, it's because comments like that make your fan base pathetic. Not to mention that you take more pride in hating OU than you do supporting your school. Did I, or any other OU fan here come in all smiles when you lost to Troy? Yeah, Troy. Did any of you come in wearing your orange power when you actually won a bowl game? No, but you sure as hell are wearing it today. When you lose by 30+ points to a team, your right to talk smack to that school is long gone. If the day after every osu loss was the happiest day in my life, I'd be a hell of a lot happier cause you lose a lot.

Now, what is it that I can help you with?

The silence that followed was golden. I said it just loud enough that poke 1 heard every last bit of it. Didn't hear a single word about the game the rest of the day from them.

the_edge
1/12/2008, 10:01 PM
49-17

Checkmate.

Ground_Attack
1/13/2008, 12:13 AM
Know how to stop an aggy from masturbating?

Paint his **** crimson and cream, he won't beat it for at least five years.

I gotta give some spek for that one. it may be an old joke but I haven't heard it before.

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2008, 12:40 AM
I'm glad we don't have pokeys around here.

Crucifax Autumn
1/13/2008, 01:46 AM
Back to the title of the thread, I think they're friggin' hilarious. Every time one of them opens their mouth or types a sentence on a board I roll around laughing like I'm at a George Carlin show.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 06:02 PM
Seems like they should be talking more about their rivals like the Baylor Bears