PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Guys are at it again

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2008, 03:24 PM
One of those biased pansies has OU ranked number 2 going into next season
Sooner Hater ranking (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3186264)

guzziguy
1/9/2008, 03:27 PM
Yep, that SEC bias shows up again.:D

Boomer.....
1/9/2008, 03:28 PM
Damn them!

:D

Collier11
1/9/2008, 03:29 PM
why do they hate us sooooo much?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/9/2008, 03:33 PM
They just think that the number 2 curse is still in effect.

See?

They hate OU.

josh09
1/9/2008, 03:44 PM
I cant wait til next season.

And im glad we get Tech at home, jeez that should be a hard game.

GrapevineSooner
1/9/2008, 04:00 PM
They just love to pile all that pressure upon us. :mad:

OUDoc
1/9/2008, 04:27 PM
And that ranking might get us on the cover of SI.........
I see what they're trying to do.:mad:
I need more aluminum foil.

The Maestro
1/9/2008, 04:53 PM
You wanna talk about bias...where the hades is OSU in that there top 25?!?!

Collier11
1/9/2008, 04:55 PM

Theyre still rising at the moment!!!

hink4769
1/9/2008, 04:58 PM
Thats why I don't read ESPN's early next season rankings, because its garbarge!!![hairGel]

TUSooner
1/9/2008, 04:59 PM
Now, if Oklahoma just didn't have to play in a bowl game.
:rolleyes:

I wish they'd have said something like this: "Based on the certainty of an embarrassing last-game collapse, we don't even list OU in our top 20." THEN we would have sometihng to shoot for. :D

recemp
1/9/2008, 05:06 PM
Teddy Greenstein (I believe) at the Chicago Tribune has us rated #1.
"loaded with talent, lost 4 out of the last 5 bowl games though"

CORNholio
1/9/2008, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colorado and Okie State have 8-9 win seasons next year and ranked in the top 25. Call me crazy, neg me to Bolivia, etc.........

NYC Poke
1/9/2008, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colorado and Okie State have 8-9 win seasons next year and ranked in the top 25. Call me crazy, neg me to Bolivia, etc.........

Big XII will be loaded next year. In the South, OU and TT return a lot of talent, UT's always loaded, OSU looks to continue to be productive offensively (defense is a question mark as usual), we'll have to wait and see with A&M and Baylor will most likely be Baylor. In the North, KU and Mizzou both return a lot, K-State should be better, CU and ISU both improved throughout the year, and Nebraska can only get better.

Start the season already!!!

CORNholio
1/9/2008, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colorado and Okie State have 8-9 win seasons next year and ranked in the top 25. Call me crazy, SPEK me to Bolivia, etc.........

Fixed

The Maestro
1/9/2008, 05:30 PM
Well, Bob seems to coach his guys up when they are talked about poorly.

Go out and win the whole damn thing next year just to prove a point...and then find a new reason the next season, too!

hink4769
1/9/2008, 05:37 PM
They got to be like the Patriots, they have to figure out a way they are being disrespected every week so they can come out and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Texas Golfer
1/9/2008, 05:44 PM
It sucks for Tech. They're ranked #12 and still ranked as the 4th best team in the Big XII and 3rd best team in the Big XII South.

goingoneight
1/9/2008, 09:17 PM
We could take a HUGE hit if Lofton and Kelly leave early. And I will be shocked if they return, FWIW.

SoonerObsession
1/9/2008, 10:46 PM
Of all the good teams in the Big 12, I dread playing Texas Tech the most. I sure wish Leach had gone to UCLA.

NYC Poke
1/10/2008, 01:33 AM
Of all the good teams in the Big 12, I dread playing Texas Tech the most. I sure wish Leach had gone to UCLA.

My brethren on OP are talking like this is a "should win" next year. I'm not so optimistic. TT returns a lot of players, are suddenly playing defense, and the players they return are on both sides of the ball. They scare me to death. They might make a run for the Big XII South next year.

MamaMia
1/10/2008, 10:33 AM
Of all the good teams in the Big 12, I dread playing Texas Tech the most. I sure wish Leach had gone to UCLA.Its not the coach or team that makes me cringe when that game is next on the schedule. When we sat down 45 minutes before kick off in Lubbock, the question of the day we kept hearing was, "Who's calling the game?" The last two games in Lubbock have been called by their own local residents and then I believe it was John Bibles bunch. Sometimes you need to know going in that if you don't beat the opposing team by at least 2 touchdowns you may lose the game. ;)

Collier11
1/10/2008, 12:38 PM
My brethren on OP are talking like this is a "should win" next year. I'm not so optimistic. TT returns a lot of players, are suddenly playing defense, and the players they return are on both sides of the ball. They scare me to death. They might make a run for the Big XII South next year.

Their D gave up 27 points to a backup qb that had taken roughly 10 snaps all year for us

NYC Poke
1/10/2008, 12:54 PM
Their D gave up 27 points to a backup qb that had taken roughly 10 snaps all year for us

Their D was a lot better this year than it has been historically, and it returns 8 starters.