PDA

View Full Version : Meanest mom in the world

The Maestro
1/9/2008, 01:04 PM
Kudos to her!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/NEWS01/801090376

proud gonzo
1/9/2008, 01:07 PM
hehe

OUDoc
1/9/2008, 01:35 PM
Note to kid: Mom doesn't bluff.

Hot Rod
1/9/2008, 01:51 PM
Good story!

soonerbrat
1/9/2008, 01:54 PM
i've already informed my kids that if they ever do anything stupid like drink and drive and get thrown in jail i am NOT bailing them out. it would be hard but i would do it

TheBobbyTrain
1/9/2008, 02:00 PM
so he is active in church, yet they couldn't print what his response was.....

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 02:16 PM
Peter himself didn't always say something printable.

Osce0la
1/9/2008, 03:15 PM
Why can't people realize there is not a 'D' in congratulations?

TUSooner
1/9/2008, 03:21 PM
Why can't people realize there is not a 'D' in congratulations?

For the same reason they won't learn there's no "A" in "definitely"?

:D

OUDoc
1/9/2008, 03:35 PM
There's no "I" in "team".

Okla-homey
1/9/2008, 09:41 PM
and there is only one "e" in judgment.

And "irregardless" is not a word.

Tailwind
1/9/2008, 10:00 PM
Good job Mom!

SOONER STEAKER
1/9/2008, 10:01 PM
I would have never driven in HS or college. Just lucky I never got in trouble.

FirstandGoal
1/9/2008, 10:03 PM
Heh

My son is pizzed at me right now because I won't let him go spend the night with a kid who I haven't met yet.

Can't wait to show him this article

OCUDad
1/9/2008, 10:03 PM
And "irregardless" is not a word.Why is "insane" the opposite of "sane," but "inflammable" is the same as "flammable"?

Curly Bill
1/9/2008, 10:24 PM

Hard to believe right? ;)

Reminds me of my response to church peeps when they ask me when I'm going to start going to church. I tell them when most of the church-going peeps I know cuss less and act better then I do. ;)

GottaHavePride
1/9/2008, 11:39 PM
There's no "I" in "team".

There's no I in team, and there's no you in team. No one's on the goddamn team! The team sucks!

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 11:46 PM
strangely enough, there is FUN in funeral.

KC//CRIMSON
1/9/2008, 11:48 PM
For the same reason they won't learn there's no "A" in "definitely"?:D

For the same reason they won't learn there's no "b" in "supposedly"?

proud gonzo
1/10/2008, 03:07 AM
There's no I in team, and there's no you in team. No one's on the goddamn team! The team sucks!There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team...

Preservation Parcels
1/10/2008, 07:14 AM
With a smile, I've always claimed that it was okay to require my sons to be responsible for their own behavior, treat everyone respectfully, do their school work, eat healthy food, get enough sleep, drive well, and do their chores because I was the meanest mom in the world. Imagine my surprise when the youngest came to me two weeks ago and asked if I would help him with advice someday when he has children. Apparently, being around several children who have the nicest mom in the world has convinced him that his life is headed in a more promising direction.

I've tried hard not to embarrass them, though.

misplaced_sooner
1/10/2008, 09:16 AM
Cool story. Good for the mother!

Andrew

soonerbrat
1/10/2008, 09:51 AM
strangely enough, there is FUN in funeral.

real fun

soonerbrat
1/10/2008, 09:52 AM

neither is "supposably"

SoonerJack
1/10/2008, 01:54 PM
The ad cost her a fortune? I didn't realize that the classifieds in the Des Moines Register were that expensive.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2008, 02:39 PM

ir·re·gard·less (r-gärdls)
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.
[Probably blend of irrespective and regardless.]

:D

Linky (http://www.tfd.com/irregardless)

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Adv. 1. irregardless - regardless; a combination of irrespective and regardless sometimes used humorously
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech

PhilTLL
1/10/2008, 02:41 PM

Eh eh. This particular American trope was Noah Webster being peculiar. The traditional British English spelling was, and is, "judgement".

Curly Bill
1/10/2008, 02:58 PM
Eh eh. This particular American trope was Noah Webster being peculiar. The traditional British English spelling was, and is, "judgement".

I have always spelled it judgement. I must be a traditional British Englishman. :D

royalfan5
1/10/2008, 03:01 PM
I'd drink too, if I had a Mom who felt the need to show off like that. Sell the car if you want, but taking out a look at me ad is stupid.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2008, 03:04 PM
blah blah blah MR "I don't intend to marry or parent"

;)