PDA

View Full Version : Insert "No ****" here.

SoonerStormchaser
1/9/2008, 08:30 AM
BCS title games ratings down 17% from last year:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2007/01/08/bcs.ratings.ap/index.html

Gee, ya think? :rolleyes:

AZSOONER
1/9/2008, 09:39 AM
I love seeing that!!!

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 09:53 AM
There was that "dance off" that all the chicks were excited about.

OUinFLA
1/9/2008, 12:02 PM
I was part of the 83%
dont be blaming me

cvsooner
1/9/2008, 12:27 PM
This comes as a surprise? I mean, really, the only one of the BCS games this year that was moderately a good game (i.e., close) was Kansas-Virginia Tech. The others were (and unfortunately for us) lopsided blowouts.

85sooners
1/9/2008, 12:31 PM
lol

The Maestro
1/9/2008, 12:40 PM
But the marching bands at halftime were so interesting!!!

An amazing sport, college football. The regular season games mean EVERYTHING...and all but one post season game means NOTHING! They have it backwards.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.bergen-filmklubb.no/images/Mannedyret_-_Falling_Down.jpg

MextheBulldog
1/9/2008, 12:58 PM
Crappy matchup = crappy ratings

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 01:00 PM
Crappy matchup = crappy ratings
oh.......I don't know about that.

2 girls 1 cup did pretty good.

virginiasooner
1/9/2008, 01:01 PM
How many of us could come up better bowl matchups than the bowl committee? I know I could. USC-Georgia would have been far more entertaining than what we got. but, of course, "the granddaddy of them all" has to have their own, special pac-10/big-10 setup, even if another matchup would have been far better (and probably better ratings, cuz everyone predicted a blowout in both bowl games). I would have preferred to have seen that matchup, and OU-Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Then Kansas would have gone to the Fiesta Bowl, beaten West Virginia, and all would have been right with the world.

yermom
1/9/2008, 01:04 PM
they shouldn't let it be on FOX, that's really dumb

everyone watches football on abc and ESPN and if they can't hype the games, it's just not the same

not to mention that the way the season ended up no one cared about either team really outside of Ohio and Louisiana

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 01:06 PM
How many of us could come up better bowl matchups than the bowl committee? I know I could.
This is totally unprovable.

OU/WVa looked like a good matchup. Who knew we'd send the intramural squad?

Some poor matchups seem to be obvious. Like OSU/LSU. But how often have we been fooled? This is similar to complaining about seeding in the basketball tournament.

The USC/IU was obviously a poor matchup, but nobody pretended that they were trying to match the best teams. The Rose Bowl is the cranky old fart of all the bowls. Forget that "grand daddy" thing.

yermom
1/9/2008, 01:09 PM
the Rose Bowl lost all credibility with the Illinois thing, that was stupid

there should have been 3 Big 12 teams, with the extra game the 2 team rule is dumb.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 01:12 PM
the Rose Bowl lost all credibility with the Illinois thing, that was stupid

there should have been 3 Big 12 teams, with the extra game the 2 team rule is dumb.
The Rose has always been the problem when it comes to change. From the looks of things, 2 Big 12 teams was right. They just got the wrong 2:(

AlabamaSooner
1/9/2008, 01:27 PM
It was the third-lowest rating in 10 years of BCS championship games. Southern Cal-Oklahoma drew a 13.7 in 2005 and Miami-Nebraska attracted a 13.8 in 2002.

I didn't know that our game drew such a low rating. I thought with such a high profile matchup with heisman winners, it would've been bigger. Oh well.

goingoneight
1/9/2008, 09:32 PM
No one cared about the USC game until we got beat. Then everyone outside of Norman creamed themselves.

KantoSooner
1/9/2008, 11:35 PM

My God! And I thought I was the only one who'd been tortured by having that link sent to me by a 'friend'.

Bleach works well to clean your eyes.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 11:36 PM
My God! And I thought I was the only one who'd been tortured by having that link sent to me by a 'friend'.

Bleach works well to clean your eyes.
yeah, but it takes a melon scoop to remove that part of the brain.

Echoes
1/10/2008, 12:05 AM

I am hitting the spek button as quick as I can for that gem of a comment, sir

badger
1/10/2008, 09:07 AM
NP and I watched American Gladiators.