PDA

View Full Version : So here we are

aero
1/8/2008, 11:37 PM
My, how times have changed. Barry getting run. Gibbs' attempt. Blake bust. Grasping a straws for any success with Smelly. And now here we are, only 1 of 3 division I teams to have played in 6 BCS games, 1 MNC, 90-17 (84%) win/loss record in the last 8 years, 5 B12 titles, and arguing over why we suck. I'm amused. Losing is never easy to take, but we seem to have forgotten what its like to not even have a chance. A few breaks here and there and we could have had another MNC in the last few years so I wouldn't quite say things are broken. What's funny is every time we lose a game, or at least a big game, I still think of the USC game. It's starting to fade a bit and I have certainly accepted it as just another game and goes with the territory. We came up short. But I think a lot of other people still think of it when we lose. Maybe the coaches do. It really was a game that shocked everybody because we were still a scary good team and to lose like that it became easy fodder for everybody who had always been jealous of our success or wished their teams were as good as us. We are still fighting that loss. My guess is we will be until we go undefeated or at least beat a good team in the title game. I think we are all a bit anxious for that to happen to heal a wound.

85sooners
1/8/2008, 11:48 PM
:O

A Sooner in Texas
1/8/2008, 11:48 PM
Actually, we've all been here for some time hashing this out.

Where have you been?

;)

SoonerLB
1/9/2008, 12:00 AM
In reality, we should all be darned happy that we have a great Coach, a won-loss record most teams only dream about, and are considered one of the elite programs in this country!

I want to see us win it all every year just as bad as anyone else, but it is unreasonable to expect to do so. We're spoiled, that's what we are.

birddog
1/9/2008, 12:08 AM
i don't mind losing like we did to boise. getting hammered bothers me quite a bit.