Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 09:40 PM
Very interesting.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/8/2008, 09:42 PM
Is it final, or just projected?

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 09:46 PM
Is it final, or just projected?McCain has it mathematically. Hillary is close to it. Her numbers have fluctuated from a 5 point to a three point lead back and fourth. I guess Obama could pull off a miracle but it sure isn't a 10-13 point lead Obama thought he had.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 09:49 PM
Hillary's lead is down to 2%

SoonerGirl06
This is going to be one interesting primary season. It's anyone's to lose.

SoonerGirl06
This is going to be one interesting primary season. It's anyone's to lose.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it's over. Obama loses.

Soonerus
1/8/2008, 10:46 PM
Duh, reported earlier...see other posts...

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 10:48 PM
Duh, reported earlier...see other posts...This one was up long before yours.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 10:50 PM
Note the title of the original thread?

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 10:55 PM
If Romney loses in Meechigan to McCain, I believe it will be McCain v. Obama in the General.

If Mit wins Meechigan, it's anyones match.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 10:59 PM
Hillary gloats and is the new "Comeback Kid!"

:D

soonermeteor
1/8/2008, 11:09 PM
I guess the biggest lesson of the night is cry when you lose and youll get sympathy. :rolleyes:

I would think the dem party is in trouble if they go with Clinton. If my family is any indication 3 dem votes for Obama turn away and run run run if Clinton is the nominee.

jeremy885
1/8/2008, 11:11 PM
How much makeup did they layer on her for this speech?

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 11:11 PM
I guess the biggest lesson of the night is cry when you lose and youll get sympathy. :rolleyes:

I would think the dem party is in trouble if they go with Clinton. If my family is any indication 3 dem votes for Obama turn away and run run run if Clinton is the nominee.Do you vote for a viable Republican or do you just not vote?

soonermeteor
1/8/2008, 11:20 PM
Do you vote for a viable Republican or do you just not vote?

Probably vote republican, unless its Huckabee. I don't like to not vote.

SoonerGirl06
1/9/2008, 12:02 AM
I'm not so sure about Hillary taking it in the general. I think Obama may just squeak by her. He's got the young voters attention and seems more "fresh" than Hillary.

Plus Hillary's funds aren't what they used to be and it's gonna take alot of dough to fight off Obama.

jeremy885
1/9/2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not so sure about Hillary taking it in the general. I think Obama may just squeak by her. He's got the young voters attention and seems more "fresh" than Hillary.

Plus Hillary's funds aren't what they used to be and it's gonna take alot of dough to fight off Obama.

young voters have a very short attention span (oh look something shiny). I heard on the radio today that both had $100 million at the start of the year, so they should both be ok at least until Super Tuesday.

SoonerGirl06
1/9/2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah... but Obama seems "hip and cool" whereas Hillary is a fuddy-duddy.

I heard that Hillary only has $15 million remaining. What about Obama?

And why is Bill Richardson still even running? I thought he was out?

jeremy885
1/9/2008, 12:27 AM
but Hillary has "emotions" or something.

Don't know on the money, but this "win" should keep her ATM open.

Probably wants to be the VP.

SoonerGirl06
1/9/2008, 12:32 AM
I can hardly wait to see who the Dems choose as their candidate. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not as a Republican voter, I'd rather see Obama win the nomination. I think he'd be easier to beat than Hillary in the general....

Well, depending on who the Republicans choose, it may be easier.

jeremy885
1/9/2008, 12:44 AM
I'm a Dem (but will probably go to the dark side this year, Go Voldemort!!!) and none of these candidates appeal to me. Same on the pub side, except for McCain and even my desire to vote for him isn't about half of what it was in 00

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2008, 02:11 AM
All the Faux News folks had the stunned, deer-in-the-headlights look as the Clinton campaign triumphed. They had already written and sermonized her obituary over the last three days.

Obama has energized the 18-24 year old voters. They are the least reliable in delivering actual votes. Clinton won big with the over 55 aged voters, who are the most reliable.

And hell hath no fury like a woman who says, "Don't effen write off the female candidate so fast." Clinton carried the female vote. They were the late deciders.

Senator Clinton would easily be a more formidable candidate than Senator Obama in the general election. Ohio plus Gore's blue states put her over the top. She may also carry Missouri and Nevada.

MrJimBeam
1/9/2008, 06:07 AM
And hell hath no fury like a woman who says, "Don't effen write off the female candidate so fast." Clinton carried the female vote. They were the late deciders.
The freakin' sisterhood. I would hope they'd have a better reason to vote for her than she's the only woman. Well, other than John Edwards she's the only woman.

crawfish
1/9/2008, 09:07 AM
And hell hath no fury like a neocon who says, "Don't effen write off the necon candidate so fast." Clinton carried the neocon vote. They were the late deciders.

Fixed. :)

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2008, 09:11 AM
Fixed. :)

Well, you are correct to the extent that she is not as liberal as Edwards and Obama.

crawfish
1/9/2008, 09:37 AM
Well, you are correct to the extent that she is not as liberal as Edwards and Obama.

If by "not as liberal" you mean "for the war", "funded by the health care and military-industrial industries" and "the least different from the current status quo", then you're absolutely right.

jeremy885
1/9/2008, 09:39 AM
And hell hath no fury like a woman who says, "Don't effen write off the female candidate so fast." Clinton carried the female vote. They can never decide on anything.

I would agree with that.

crawfish
1/9/2008, 09:47 AM
Hmmm...there's more than a 5% disparity in Clinton vs. Obama voting in counties that use Diebold voting machines versus hand-counting.

Perhaps there's nothing to this. Or, perhaps, Clinton is in deep with the election-stealing neocons after all. :)

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 09:51 AM
Hillary is one of the aliens.

with a lot of kabuki theatre make-up.

mikeelikee
1/9/2008, 10:01 AM
Don't put much stock in McCain's victory last night. He won because of a lot of independent votes, and his margin of victory was a lot less than it was in 2000, when he went on to lose to Bush. He won't do nearly as well in states where only Republicans are voting in primaries. He's a dinosaur--time to go away.

OklahomaRed
1/9/2008, 11:21 AM
What suprised me was the number of women voters who bought into her staged iron my shirt dude. Where is the big media interview with him? Where did he go? Why did he drop off the map so fast? Why did she ask the lights to be brought up so everyone could see his nice yellow sign, and she really seemed to have a nice one liner for the glass ceiling vote? Also, her staged emotional "it's about the country" speech. Give me a frickin break. How clintonesque can you get. Sad that a big % of the NH women bought into that bul%shi&. Heck, I wouldn't be suprised to see Obama get offed by the Clinton's if he is close to getting the democratic nod. I would much rather see Obama get the democratic nomination that the Clinton political machine that is about as corrupt and manipulative as you can get. I would love to hear what Hillary really says about Obama behind closed doors.

Big Red Ron
1/9/2008, 11:20 PM
Don't put much stock in McCain's victory last night. He won because of a lot of independent votes, and his margin of victory was a lot less than it was in 2000, when he went on to lose to Bush. He won't do nearly as well in states where only Republicans are voting in primaries. He's a dinosaur--time to go away.I actually believe he's exactly the right person during these times we live in. He was right on Iraq policy and on his own, I might add. Calling for Rumsfeld's head before any other Republican took brass balls. Calling for a massive surge after saying we didn't have enough troops on the ground from the start was proven right.
Bush later canned Rumsfeld and sent a huge increase in troops on the ground has resulted in less casualties and greater security in Iraq. Just don't forget, one guy stood in the face of "Republican" talking points and was later proven correct, his name is John McCain.

Romney wins Meatchicken, Huckabee wins South Carolina and Rudy wins Florida. McCain's fate will be determined on Super Tuesday.

I think he's got an easier shot this time. There is no George Bush, Jr. in this one.

SoonerGirl06
1/9/2008, 11:44 PM
I'm going on a long shot and calling a Huckabee/McCain Republican ticket. On the Dem side, I'm calling Obama/someone other than Clinton ticket.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but that's what I guessing at this point and time.

GottaHavePride
1/9/2008, 11:52 PM
Senator Clinton would easily be a more formidable candidate than Senator Obama in the general election. Ohio plus Gore's blue states put her over the top. She may also carry Missouri and Nevada.

I disagree. I think nominating Hillary is the fastest way for the Democrats to concede this election.

Big Red Ron
1/9/2008, 11:57 PM
I disagree. I think nominating Hillary is the fastest way for the Democrats to concede this election. Agreed.

SoonerGirl06
1/10/2008, 12:09 AM
Okay then.... let that be Clinton/And anybody else on the Democratic ticket.

:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2008, 12:48 AM
Don't put much stock in McCain's victory last night. He won because of a lot of independent votes, and his margin of victory was a lot less than it was in 2000, when he went on to lose to Bush. He won't do nearly as well in states where only Republicans are voting in primaries. He's a dinosaur--time to go away.It's strange to me how the pundits are quick to proclaim the nominations are sealed after each primary happens. I think its after the Feb primaries, when the states who don't allow independents to vote in the primaries cast their votes. It would be a shocker to me if McCain wins the repub nomination.