PDA

View Full Version : FOX = WEAK

dougsooner
1/8/2008, 04:55 PM
No T.V. network should be allowed to broadcast the "big" end of season games if they don't show games all year. The regional Fox network doesn't count as they didn't use any of those studio or announcers for the BCS games (thank goodness). Terrible pre game, terrible announcers, terrible production during the games (sound, angles, replays....). Very weak overall by FOX. Stick to the NFL and let the networks who know (?) the game and teams do the bowls.

NYC Poke
1/8/2008, 04:58 PM
I thought the announcing was poor for the BCS games. It was clear that a lot of those guys don't really follow college football.

It was worse on the NFL Network, where we were referred to as the "Oklahoma State Sooners."

hink4769
1/8/2008, 05:12 PM
No T.V. network should be allowed to broadcast the "big" end of season games if they don't show games all year. The regional Fox network doesn't count as they didn't use any of those studio or announcers for the BCS games (thank goodness). Terrible pre game, terrible announcers, terrible production during the games (sound, angles, replays....). Very weak overall by FOX. Stick to the NFL and let the networks who know (?) the game and teams do the bowls.
Yeah I agree completely. I know people complain about Brent Musberger, but at least the game feels bigger when he's doing it. Keith Jackson was the same way, even in his older years when he was getting senile.

OffroadOUFan
1/8/2008, 05:16 PM
There were too many commercials (or so it seemed) during all of the BCS games. I think someone may have mentioned this on another thread, however.

hink4769
1/8/2008, 05:20 PM
It was worse on the NFL Network, where we were referred to as the "Oklahoma State Sooners."
You should have taken it as a compliment. ;)

85sooners
1/8/2008, 05:20 PM
they suck

OUster
1/8/2008, 06:36 PM
If they would have showed that damned "JUMPER 02.14.2008" logo one more time, the cat would have been kicked!

OU-HSV
1/8/2008, 07:55 PM
yeah it sucked big time. I heard the guys on the sports animal talking about it tonight too.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2008, 08:00 PM
History shows that we gripe no matter who does it.

OU-HSV
1/8/2008, 08:26 PM
Maybe not gripe...but make fun of them to pass the time.
In this case they sucked, so we're griping.

soonernation
1/8/2008, 08:29 PM
History shows that we gripe no matter who does it.

That's a fact. All year we play on ABC and there's bitching about how ****ty the announcers are. If we can't watch it on TV and have to listen to the game on the radio then we bitch about BB. I swear I think my wife is posting on this board sometimes.

cvsooner
1/8/2008, 08:38 PM
I think we played considerably more games on Faux Sports this year than any Disney property. ESPN, what, once, and ABC three times?

That said, ABC/ESPN certainly do a better job of physically covering the game. Faux and its ilk apparently try to cover it with three cameras.

soonernation
1/8/2008, 08:56 PM
I think we played considerably more games on Faux Sports this year than any Disney property. ESPN, what, once, and ABC three times?

That said, ABC/ESPN certainly do a better job of physically covering the game. Faux and its ilk apparently try to cover it with three cameras.

Actually OU played on ABC/ESPN 6-7 times this year.

I do agree that ABC/ESPN covers college football better than anyone else. Even with ****ty coverage it's still better than it was 15 years ago. You were lucky to see OU on TV 3-4 time a year back then. I'll take ****ty coverage over no coverage any day.

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2008, 10:22 PM
As long as it's in HD I don't care what channel the game is on.

goingoneight
1/8/2008, 10:29 PM
I thought the announcing was poor for the BCS games. It was clear that a lot of those guys don't really follow college football.

What are you complaining about then? They annointed you champions! :D

goingoneight
1/8/2008, 10:31 PM
yeah it sucked big time. I heard the guys on the sports animal talking about it tonight too.

That's bad when you turn on the radio to hear Bob Barry, Sr. call the game you're watching. It's also bad when the Sports Animal puts you down... then you REALLY succs. :eek:

OU-HSV
1/8/2008, 11:59 PM
That's bad when you turn on the radio to hear Bob Barry, Sr. call the game you're watching. It's also bad when the Sports Animal puts you down... then you REALLY succs. :eek:
Ha, no kidding

Redgiant2
1/9/2008, 12:24 AM
The Fox announcers sounded like somebody you'd hear watching an Oregon State vs. Idaho State game at 1 AM in the morning. They were terrible.

sooner518
1/9/2008, 12:30 AM
I dont know about you, but I really enjoyed watching sweeping crane shots of the band after every single play!!!

Redgiant2
1/9/2008, 01:00 AM
I sat slack jawed at the technological wonder that is the DLP cam.

RedRum
1/9/2008, 05:12 AM

During the Kansas game, one of the announcers called Mangino "Mangini"

Fox sucks

virginiasooner
1/9/2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the DLP camera is a fun toy, but there were some plays where the ball disappeared! The director was more excited about playing with his new toy (which is great for showing a different view on replays) than in showing action on the field.

I want to see halftime! Not a bunch of yakkers yakking!

Fox sucks!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2008, 11:28 AM
Fox won the bidding war, and paid the dollars. I'm just glad the games were broadcast.

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 11:35 AM
Bill Favor defends FOX without qualification. color me surprised.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 11:37 AM
Bill Favor defends FOX without qualification. color me surprised.
on the other hand.....

SF.com whines about a broadcast crew regardless of what/when/how. color me surprised ;)

TUSooner
1/9/2008, 11:42 AM
I can't believe you guys still actually LISTEN to the broadcast. Take the brave step next time, and watch a game without sound, or with just enough sound that if you listen hard you know why the refs are delaying the game. It makes the commercials 99% better, too.

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 11:51 AM
on the other hand.....

SF.com whines about a broadcast crew regardless of what/when/how. color me surprised ;)

c'mon. that's impossible.

:texan:

cvsooner
1/9/2008, 12:49 PM
Actually OU played on ABC/ESPN 6-7 times this year.

I do agree that ABC/ESPN covers college football better than anyone else. Even with ****ty coverage it's still better than it was 15 years ago. You were lucky to see OU on TV 3-4 time a year back then. I'll take ****ty coverage over no coverage any day.

You're right. I stand corrected. I actually had to go back to the schedule to look. Seven times on Fox, once on PPV and the rest via Disney. Just seemed during the season to me that we were on Faux about two to one. Memory is a funny thing sometimes.

Hey, talking about three or four times a year...I can remember back in the 60s and 70s when there were only one or two college football games per weekend on TV. We usually would get OU-Texas, maybe OU-Nebraska, and then a bowl game. And then there was the 74-75 broadcast drought due to NCAA sanctions. :(

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 12:51 PM
Did anybody see any crying children during the broadcast?

If not, it's the best broadcast in quite some time.

1/9/2008, 01:42 PM
Bill Favor defends FOX without qualification. color me surprised.Some defense! Seems to me all the networks get criticized around here for their football coverage. Just glad the games are broadcast. I would defend FoxNewsChannel as the most fair and balanced news presentation, but that's all I got for Fox.

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 02:23 PM
Some defense! Seems to me all the networks get criticized around here for their football coverage. Just glad the games are broadcast. I would defend FoxNewsChannel as the most fair and balanced news presentation, but that's all I got for Fox.

fair enough, though i'll let you live with that second statement.

1/9/2008, 02:35 PM
fair enough, though i'll let you live with that second statement.It's possible I could defend Fox for something in the future, but it would only be to prove your point.

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 02:42 PM
It's possible I could defend Fox for something in the future, but it would only be to prove your point.

i have little doubt that would be your motivation.

sooneron
1/9/2008, 02:45 PM
Faux news = laughable just like all the others.

I think I still like cbs' broadcast, and I think they have the best gear- HD wise.

josh09
1/9/2008, 03:50 PM

I agree, stay with the NFL, college didnt seem to workout for them.

cvsooner
1/9/2008, 03:56 PM
Some defense! Seems to me all the networks get criticized around here for their football coverage. Just glad the games are broadcast. I would defend FoxNewsChannel as the most fair and balanced news presentation, but that's all I got for Fox.

I'm glad the games are broadcast but it really bugs me that Mupert Rurdoch is making a penny off me. Your final statement...as a fellow Sooner and the proud holder of a journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma, I'll just ignore it as best I can.

1/9/2008, 04:17 PM
I'm glad the games are broadcast but it really bugs me that Mupert Rurdoch is making a penny off me. Your final statement...as a fellow Sooner and the proud holder of a journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma, I'll just ignore it as best I can.Just what is it you're saying about the OU Dept. of Journalism?

NYC Poke
1/9/2008, 04:20 PM
I'm glad the games are broadcast but it really bugs me that Mupert Rurdoch is making a penny off me. Your final statement...as a fellow Sooner and the proud holder of a journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma, I'll just ignore it as best I can.

The Post is a guilty pleasure, but I can buy it in good conscience because he loses money on it.

Jello Biafra
1/9/2008, 04:26 PM
I sat slack jawed at the technological wonder that is the DLP cam.

O you DID set slack jawed but, it wasn't because of a technological wonder.

cvsooner
1/9/2008, 04:48 PM
The Dept. of Journalism, at least the one I graduated from in 1978, was excellent. I'm not so sure about today's...though I do appreciate the money the Gaylords have donated to the program and to the stadium, I can't say that anything approaching good journalism is being practiced at the DOK. Nor can I say anything positive about Fox News. Let's just leave it at that.