PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rhino....

Mjcpr
1/8/2008, 01:23 PM
....should we be concerned about Clark's DNP last night?

usmc-sooner
1/8/2008, 01:49 PM
Capel said he wouldn't comment on it.

Speculation that he needs to bring his grades up. <---------keep in mind Speculation

Civicus_Sooner
1/8/2008, 02:07 PM
Capel said he wouldn't comment on it.

Speculation that he needs to bring his grades up. <---------keep in mind Speculationheh, didn't see that coming. :D

Rhino
1/8/2008, 02:30 PM
Lil hasn't talked to him in awhile, so I dunno.

If he's off the team like other boards are rushing to say, I don't see him sitting on the bench during the game. And if he's a definite academic casualty, then I don't know why Capel would dance around the issue.

Maybe there was a mix-up with the postponed finals, maybe he missed an intersession class, maybe he's close enough to being ineligible that Capel's making an example out of him, maybe he missed a practice.

Either way, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Civicus_Sooner
1/8/2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe he's just goofy.

:D

stoopified
1/8/2008, 11:46 PM
I hope it is nothing serious because we need ALL OUr players to have the season we want.

Rhino
1/9/2008, 04:53 PM
Isn't at practice today.

Word is he's focusing on getting eligible before the start of next semester (Tuesday). So that means he's either (a) in a winter intersession class that ends Friday, (b) studying for a makeup final (Monday) after some fall finals were postponed due to the ice storm or (c) both.

NormanPride
1/9/2008, 05:35 PM
:( Good luck, Moose!

OUmillenium
1/11/2008, 11:36 AM
Goodbye, Moose

usmc-sooner
1/11/2008, 11:43 AM
wish him well but looks like he's gone for good.

Clark gone for good

By John Shinn
The Norman Transcript

The mystery as to why Oklahoma forward Keith Clark wasn’t in uniform for Monday’s game against Mount St. Mary’s has been revealed.

Thursday night, Sooner coach Jeff Capel announced the sophomore forward is academically ineligible and is no longer a member of the team and no longer attending school.

“It’s a big loss for us,” Capel said. “Keith was playing very well. He’s one of our most talented players and he’s a good kid and a great teammate. We’re going to miss him. But my concerns about how this situation affects our team are far outweighed by my concerns about how it affects him personally.”

Clark, who averaged 5.4 points in the 14 games he played, was used as a backup to Longar Longar and Blake Griffin in the post. He averaged 15.3 minutes a game and scored 11 points last Saturday against Rice.

Getting Clark on the floor consistently had been a struggle. He played in only 11 games as a freshman due to a season-ending knee injury.

Capel spoke glowingly of Clark following the Rice game and said the sophomore was making major improvements as the season went along.

Neither Capel nor OU officials would say when they received word of Clark’s academic status. He was on the bench, but in street clothes Monday night.

Capel said the reason for Clark not being in uniform was, “I decided not to play him.”

The coach wouldn’t comment on the subject prior to OU’s practices Wednesday and Thursday. Clark wasn’t at either one.

The Sooners (12-3) open Big 12 Conference play at 5 p.m. Saturday against Kansas State at Lloyd Noble Center.

Depth in the figured to be one of OU’s biggest strengths. Without Clark, that depth is now thinner.

jccouger
1/11/2008, 11:45 AM

From his days at PCO, I saw this coming.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/11/2008, 11:59 AM
This would happen after I declare him my favorite player

SleestakSooner
1/11/2008, 01:32 PM
Depth in the figured to be one of OU’s biggest strengths.

Yet another great example of shotty Oklahoma journalism. Is it any wonder so many fans seem confused?

Farewell Moose.