PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Herbstreit

The_Red_Patriot
1/8/2008, 11:43 AM
I listened to you talk up Ohio State all the way to title game again this year and what do you know? They flop!

Good call on Les Miles taking the Michigan job also buddy!

Does anybody take Kirk seriously?

fadada1
1/8/2008, 11:45 AM
he's the best espn has right now. and i think he's making musberger look like a broadcast genius. all said, he's pretty unbiased with regards to osu... imo.

The Maestro
1/8/2008, 11:47 AM
I'll take Jesse Palmer over Kirk already. He did a great job in his first year.

GameDay with Chris, Kirk, Jesse and Todd Blackledge would be a great show. No more sideshow antics from Corso.

Collier11
1/8/2008, 11:52 AM
I listened to you talk up Ohio State all the way to title game again this year and what do you know? They flop!

Good call on Les Miles taking the Michigan job also buddy!

Does anybody take Kirk seriously?

Actually two points, Herbie had the story correct about Les and actually got the info from Lesters agent though when it became public LSU put out several new offers to Les and then they back-doored into the MNC game and he decided to stay. Second, according to some in the media The Big 10 Network is actually who broke the story but since no one watches that channel Herbie got all the credit

MextheBulldog
1/8/2008, 01:26 PM
Still think he is one of the best analysts out there. But his pick of tOSU absolutely stunned me.

usmc-sooner
1/8/2008, 01:28 PM
I like Kirk

C'mon he's a former Buckeye can't fault him for being a little homer.

MextheBulldog
1/8/2008, 01:35 PM
I have no problem with the homer pick. Just really thought the pre-game analysis leaned towards LSU, and assumed Herby would go with the purple and gold.

AZSOONER
1/8/2008, 01:38 PM
He and corso take turns being asshats, this year was his turn.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2008, 01:39 PM
I like Kirk

C'mon he's a former Buckeye can't fault him for being a little homer.

Yeah. I think Kirk is usually pretty fair with his insight. If anything he is probably too PC. As much as Corso can be a tool when he is making some wild *** statement that isn't about OU, I usually chuckle.

Also I'm 100% certain that Les (I'm not interested in TALKING about the Michigan job)Miles was going to Michigan and then LSU came in and got him back.

Mark May is the one that needs to go.

Widescreen
1/8/2008, 01:43 PM
Bring back Trev Alberts. HE WAS ALLSOME!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2008, 01:53 PM
Trev may have been an ***....check that ...he IS...but he was a pro-Big 12 ***.

Hey I did't used to like Bob Davie either but he really does pump up OU quite a bit.

Collier11
1/8/2008, 01:57 PM
I dont need Pro-Big 12, I just get sick of Pro-everyone else

OULenexaman
1/8/2008, 02:04 PM
Mark May is the one that needs to go.

I'll second that....that dude is LOST...

Scott D
1/8/2008, 02:04 PM
Bring back Trev Alberts. HE WAS ALLSOME!

Trev enjoys sparring with Brian Jones every Wed. during the football season on Crystal Ball (ironically two 'pro-Big 12' "analysts") , and being a color commentator on small conference games on either friday or saturday with CSTV.

The_Red_Patriot
1/8/2008, 04:50 PM
Lou Holtz anyone?

I hate him......get him off....

btw, he just picked Notre Dame to win the title next year

Widescreen
1/8/2008, 05:04 PM
Lou Holtz anyone?

I hate him......get him off....

btw, he just picked Notre Dame to win the title next year
I can understand why. I mean they're not losing anyone to the NFL, not even the ones that are graduating. ;)

85sooners
1/8/2008, 05:32 PM
lou is a crazy ol man!!

jps
1/8/2008, 06:45 PM
Herbie was pretty tough in his commentary after the game. Said the national perception is the Big 10 is at the bottom of the bcs conferences. Also admitted that LSU had much more speed than Ohio St. after he had been touting OSU's speed for weeks and before the game.

LSUdeek
1/8/2008, 08:33 PM
Is the explanation of Martin going on a yachting trip and being unavailable the Friday and Saturday of the SECCG just too implausible? I believe a new deal was already being worked by LSU and Bass was wanting Michigan to firm up the financials. When the AD was unavailable, that pretty much cemented it. I strongly doubt that the decision was made either way at the time that Herbstreit reported it.

The whole Tenuta thing is what tipped me off.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/8/2008, 08:36 PM
Still think he is one of the best analysts out there. But his pick of tOSU absolutely stunned me.
Well he is a graduate. But still, he is a good analyst. Better than Corso and Mark May at any rate.