PDA

View Full Version : Pete to DC??

sooneron
1/8/2008, 10:16 AM
Interesting to see how this plays out.

I would bet that Snyder wants a name and a winner. The only other name that seems possible would be Cowher.

achiro
1/8/2008, 10:43 AM

I would bet that Snyder wants a name and a winner. The only other name that seems possible would be Cowher.
Pete who? to defensive coordinator?

In other words, some of us don't watch espn so we(I) don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about.:D

OUmillenium
1/8/2008, 10:46 AM
Pistol or the devil?

Oldnslo
1/8/2008, 10:47 AM
I think Pete is going to be in like a tick at SC until the NCAA sanctions his program into the netherworlds.

So, I'm guessing he's there forever.

If I were in Pete's shoes, I'd stay put.

TUSooner
1/8/2008, 10:48 AM

This thread is useless without WORDS.

ashley
1/8/2008, 10:56 AM
HC job is open at the Redskins.

achiro
1/8/2008, 10:59 AM
This thread is useless without WORDS.
What he said.:D

Redgiant2
1/8/2008, 04:27 PM
I'd like for that to happen, but I doubt if it does. He's an untouchable at USC it seems so why leave a good gig for the Skins?

Jimminy Crimson
1/8/2008, 04:31 PM
I'd like for that to happen, but I doubt if it does. He's an untouchable at USC it seems so why leave a good gig for the Skins?

If he can get a better deal than Spurrier, I don't see why he wouldn't take it.

This USC gig isn't going to last forever. Winning-wise or staying clean with the NCAA-wise.

virginiasooner
1/8/2008, 04:34 PM
Oh, god, Pete Carroll in DC gives me the absolute dry heaves!

85sooners
1/8/2008, 05:33 PM
:texan:

TheUnnamedSooner
1/8/2008, 06:20 PM
Redskins I doubt would take pete. They went with a big name college coach recently and he failed. Also, didn't pete have a not so good stretch in the nfl?

zeke
1/9/2008, 01:16 PM
atlanta maybe

The Maestro
1/9/2008, 01:18 PM
Redskins will go after Russ Grimm, I bet.

stoopified
1/9/2008, 01:38 PM
If the spam hits the fan look for Pete to do a Fairbanks.

NYC Poke
1/9/2008, 01:40 PM
atlanta maybe

That's what I just read in the elevator.

sooneron
1/9/2008, 02:40 PM
Redskins I doubt would take pete. They went with a big name college coach recently and he failed. Also, didn't pete have a not so good stretch in the nfl?
He did Okay with the jets, not so with the pats, I believe. Bad stretches in the nfl are never something that will scare an owner off. Look how long Wannstedt was there until he went to Pitt. It's a league of mediocre coaches and qbs.

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2008, 03:54 PM
Pete has had other chances to return to the pros - if he's truly interested in Atlanta as sources are telling ESPN - then there's a reason all of the sudden he wants to return

atlanta is one of the worst jobs available in the pro's at the moment, the team/franchise is as low as its ever been

seems like it might be a clue as to where the program may be headed with the ncaa

soonerinabilene
1/9/2008, 04:48 PM
Pete has had other chances to return to the pros - if he's truly interested in Atlanta as sources are telling ESPN - then there's a reason all of the sudden he wants to return

atlanta is one of the worst jobs available in the pro's at the moment, the team/franchise is as low as its ever been

seems like it might be a clue as to where the program may be headed with the ncaa

Thats what I thought when I heard it too. However, from the espn sources, Arthur Blank is willing to hand over complete control of the team to Pete, which is what Pete wants, and something that Miami, Houston, San Fran, and Arizona were not willing to give him the last couple of years.

budbarrybob
1/9/2008, 06:51 PM

my sentiments exactly... maybe the NCAA is heating it up :hot:

ashley
1/10/2008, 09:20 AM
A team with high draft choices can be a good place to go, not to mention 30 to 35 million for five years.

ashley
1/10/2008, 09:22 AM
Excuse me, I meant Atlanta.