PDA

View Full Version : Dude, the Cops Will Never Smell It

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2008, 10:07 AM
LAKEHURST, N.J. (AP) - Lakehurst police didn't have to go far to make a marijuana arrest. An officer heading home early Saturday smelled pot burning in the police station parking lot.

Authorities said Sergeant Ronald Heinzman asked some other officers to take a whiff. Police said they heard a conversation centered on the irony of smoking pot next to the station from a home separated from the parking lot by a chain-link fence.

Police knocked on the door and arrested Benjamin Gordon, 18, of Farmville, Va.

linky (http://news.aol.com/story/_a/dude-the-cops-will-never-smell-it/n20080107171409990018)

OUDoc
1/8/2008, 10:12 AM
a conversation centered on the irony of smoking pot next to the station from a home separated from the parking lot by a chain-link fence

They went on to discuss the irony of being arrested while smoking pot next to the station from a home separated from the parking lot by a chain-link fence.

rufnek05
1/8/2008, 11:07 AM
heh. sucks for them, but i don't feel bad.

Oldnslo
1/8/2008, 11:52 AM
They went on to discuss the irony of being arrested while smoking pot next to the station from a home separated from the parking lot by a chain-link fence.
Further discussion focused on the irony of being detained in a holding cell in the station next to the parking lot separated from the home by a chain link fence.

Sooner_Bob
1/8/2008, 01:24 PM
Further discussion focused on the irony of being detained in a holding cell in the station next to the parking lot separated from the home by a chain link fence.

Duuuuude, I can see my house from here!!

PhilTLL
1/8/2008, 02:11 PM
I find it very hard to believe there weren't better crimes to fight on an average night in Lakehurst, NJ. It's not like this poor guy was--you know--actually harming someone/thing in his home-next-to-the-police-station. A boneheaded move, yes, but that still doesn't make this ludicrous application of authority palatable.

IB4OU2
1/8/2008, 03:22 PM

Was the holding cell chain link?

NormanPride
1/8/2008, 03:27 PM

Fellow cell-mates commented on the ironic nature of Mr. Gordon's arrest, citing the proximity of the crime to the location of his incarceration.

Oldnslo
1/8/2008, 04:28 PM
Fellow cell-mates commented on the ironic nature of Mr. Gordon's arrest, citing the proximity of the crime to the location of his incarceration.
Later discussion in the prison concerned the possibility of the perpetrators being placed in a chain link holding cell with other detainees who were suspected of violent crimes and who were inclined to ask Mr. Gordon if he wanted to be "the Momma or the Daddy".

Osce0la
1/9/2008, 10:31 AM
I find it very hard to believe there weren't better crimes to fight on an average night in Lakehurst, NJ. It's not like this poor guy was--you know--actually harming someone/thing in his home-next-to-the-police-station. A boneheaded move, yes, but that still doesn't make this ludicrous application of authority palatable.

LAKEHURST, N.J. (AP) - Lakehurst police didn't have to go far to make a marijuana arrest. An officer heading home early Saturday smelled pot burning in the police station parking lot.
Something tells me he wasn't leaving the station to go fight crime...