PDA

View Full Version : Hey hey hey, we're projected a 7 seed and moving up!

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2008, 01:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Means nothing, of course, but it's better for people to say you're in than to say you're out, right?

jdsooner
1/8/2008, 01:44 AM
West Virginia's win over Marquette won't hurt our RPI. Tulsa also beat Colorado.

tommieharris91
1/8/2008, 01:47 AM
Collegerpi.com has us as an 8.

Winning the next 2 games would be huge for us, but I'm not holding out much hope for the Sooners in Lawrence.

NormanPride
1/8/2008, 11:44 AM
****, if we beat Kansas in Lawrence we're big time. But that's about as likely to happen as it is for OU fans to show up to the games. :P

TopDawg
1/8/2008, 12:33 PM
7-8 seed is consistent with where we're ranked right now.

AP = 26 (7 seed)
ESPN = 32 (8 seed)

Jeopardude
1/8/2008, 12:40 PM
He set OU up in the bracket to play Indiana in the second round. How fun would that be? :D

SleestakSooner
1/8/2008, 02:23 PM
Looks like the Sooners have moved up to #25 in the Sagarin ratings as well.

Meanwhile "at least we have basketball" is still hovering outside the top 100 currently at #106.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2008, 02:47 PM
He set OU up in the bracket to play Indiana in the second round. How fun would that be? :D

You realize you're assuming a Kelvin Sampson-coached team gets out of the first round, right?

NormanPride
1/8/2008, 03:00 PM
No, we'd officially be the less-talented team that upsets him in the second round. :D

soonermeteor
1/8/2008, 04:52 PM
Im excited for the effort we are seeing from OUr guys. We will probably play third fiddle to Texas and Kansas in big 12 play, but dont count out at least a home upset of the Whorns.

OUSKINS
1/8/2008, 05:06 PM
Im excited for the effort we are seeing from OUr guys. We will probably play third fiddle to Texas and Kansas in big 12 play, but dont count out at least a home upset of the Whorns.

I think we'd have a CHANCE at 2nd place (conceeding the top spot to KU), and a REALLY good shot at third. The Aggies (the Texas version) are solid, but by no means do I view them as vastly superior to what we have.

In order to finish 2nd, we'd have to be pretty flawless at home and on the road against the middle to bottom teams in the league. No room to stumble against the Nebraska's or Iowa State's. Obviously, we'd also need to knock off a few of the big dogs.

I think 2nd is worth dreaming about, 3rd is a good goal, and 4th is very realistic. Finish in any of those slots and we'll book our ticket to the Dance before the Big 12 Tourney even starts.

tommieharris91
1/8/2008, 06:02 PM
15-1 might be good enough for only 2nd place this year.

King Crimson
1/9/2008, 03:29 AM
9-7 in conference and we're probably in as long as the eventual rpi is less than or around 40-45. 10-6, gets us 8/9 seed or lower.

gonna be tough playing UT, ATM twice for the win total....and Tech and Baylor will be tough at their place...and the pokes will play their best games of the year against us. too bad we don't ISU and Colorado twice.

Boomer.....
1/9/2008, 08:36 AM
From SI:

Oklahoma: BUY

We knew the Sooners had some heft up front (my goodness, that Blake Griffin is something else), but their recent surge has been sparked by surprisingly efficient guard play. The top three spots in the Big 12 are pretty much locked up, but I like this team's chances of rising to the top of the second tier.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/01/08/buy.sell/1.html

BoonesFarmSooner
1/9/2008, 08:59 AM
Looking at the remaining schedule, I can see us reaching 20 wins before the Big 12 Tournament.

SleestakSooner
1/11/2008, 01:51 PM
After the games last night the Sooners (even though they did not play) lost some ground in the Sagarin ratings dropping back down to #26.

Arkansas actually helped OU by winning on the road at Auburn, but after that it is all bad news.

Two of the teams the Sooners lost to previously this year lost conference matchups. USC lost at home badly to WSU and Steven F'n Austin went and lost their first conference game to Nicholls State.

The one quality win for OU was against WVU on the road and they lost badly to Louisville as well last night.

Add to all this the loss of Clark and things aren't looking nearly as good as they did before this week.

Hopefully the team can pull together and put a good perfomance together against KSU tomorrow. We all know what's coming up on Monday night in Lawrence.