no TV either

tommieharris91
1/7/2008, 07:28 PM
16-13 them
11:04 1st
They appear to be fouling a lot

Ground_Attack
1/7/2008, 07:40 PM
are we just flat or are they just playing well?

Ground_Attack
1/7/2008, 07:42 PM
Neysmith playing?

tommieharris91
1/7/2008, 07:51 PM
I think we came out flat. I'm not even listening to the radio broadcast because BB would just confuse the heck outta me.

I think Neysmith just came in. He just recorded an assist.

tommieharris91
1/7/2008, 07:55 PM
30-28 us
1:36 1st

King Crimson
1/7/2008, 07:58 PM
Godbold hits 2 late 3's.

OU 36-28 half.

SleestakSooner
1/7/2008, 08:31 PM
Sooners up now 50-36

tommieharris91
1/7/2008, 08:39 PM
OU is getting outrebounded, but is also shooting really well and getting turnovers now.

57-44 us
11:06

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2008, 08:58 PM
Blake has shot 12/18 from the stripe. Apparently Mt St. Mary's is playing Hack-a-blake.

Salt City Sooner
1/7/2008, 09:12 PM
There's a whole lot of rumors floating around over on Insider that Moose is a grade casualty for the year. No confirmation to this point, but he was apparently on the bench in street clothes.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/7/2008, 09:58 PM
If he were a academic casualty, wouldn't he have been taken out before now? The fall semester ended 3 weeks ago.

Boomer.....
1/7/2008, 10:03 PM
Final

OU - 81
MSM - 57

Big game from Blake with 26 points and 7 boards. 50% (6-12) 3-point shooting is also a good sign.

birddog
1/7/2008, 11:42 PM
wow, a game thread with 13 posts. BASKETBALL FEVAH IS HERE!!!

King Crimson
1/8/2008, 12:04 AM
the pokes trounced Rogers State by 9. Rogers State.

Jeopardude
1/8/2008, 12:09 AM
There's a whole lot of rumors floating around over on Insider that Moose is a grade casualty for the year. No confirmation to this point, but he was apparently on the bench in street clothes.

I was wondering why he was riding the bench. If he's an academic casualty, why still there?

Attendance was PATHETIC. They let people on the upper level go down to the lower. I guess the Monday at 6 o'clock during school vacation doesn't draw them in. The student section on the floor where Sooner Man is had THREE students and no Sooner Man. DJ Necktie still stinks.

What's up with the horsepig having blonde hair? It looks like a sorority skank now.

Just a game the guys could't get up for and Mt. St. Mary's isn't the worst. They beat Winthrop and lost to Oregon in Eugene by only eight.

birddog
1/8/2008, 12:39 AM
the pokes trounced Rogers State by 9. Rogers State.

what the hell is a rogers state? is that in oklahoma?

tommieharris91
1/8/2008, 01:26 AM
Rogers State started an NAIA program this year. They are in Claremore.

Keith Clark would have been a grade casualty at around the time Lendy Holmes became one. In fact, there was an article about him in the Tulsa World today. Said he wanted to get his knee brace off and throw it in the trash. Also, Clark and Capel both would have known about the grade problem for awhile before this game. So maybe it was a knee problem...? Anyway I can't find anything anywhere about that issue.

I always thought the horsepig hair looked more like a mullet.

Lastly, an interesting box score note: Kansas State allowed only 4 second-half points to Savannah State in an 85-25 win.

OUSKINS
1/8/2008, 07:37 AM
I was there....agree with the pathetic crowd commentary. Although, the folks that were there were pretty loud and active.

This is the last game where I'll give the fans a "pass" before I start to really criticize our fanbase. As others have mentioned, it was an early start on a Monday night, at the very end of the holiday break against a team most people couldn't find on a map.

From here on out, there really isn't an excuse for poor attendence unless the team totally tanks, which isn't going to happen.

As for the game/team.....

MSM actually played pretty well. Hit a bunch of tough shots early and their guards keep pounding the ball into the paint, forcing the issue, which seemed to fluster our defense a bit. Looks like we may struggle with small, penetrating guards.

Overall, I thought we did a fine job. Played with a slight lack of intensity in the first half, but nothing that isn't expected given the circumstances.

Blake was a man amongst boys-- if he wanted to, he could have gone for 40. They had no answer for him in the post. They clearly wanted to make sure he "earned" his points at the line, and he did that for the most part.

Really becoming a big fan of Crocker. I think he is going to be our "money" man in the clutch. The 3 he hit against WV was obviously a clutch shot, but if you watch closely, he's usually the guy who gets us out of an offensive rut. Along the way, he doesn't force things.

All in all, an extremely good non-conference season for us this year. Capel did a masterful job turning the SFA loss into a turnaround/teaching point for the season.

Entering Big 12 play, we definitely look like an NCAA Tourney team. 8 wins should get us squarely on the bubble, 9 wins will get us in, and 10 wins probably gets you in with a good seed.

Looking forward to it. Fairly big game Saturday against KSU, because at trip to Lawrence follows next Monday....