PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win tonight?

usmc-sooner
1/7/2008, 10:33 AM
Me I'm going for LSU

I like the SEC and LSU sans Miles (but he's a good coach)

I don't the Big 10 or Ohio State

MextheBulldog
1/7/2008, 10:35 AM
It will physically hurt to watch Lester lift up that crystal football. Gimme tOSU.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2008, 10:36 AM
I have no opinion one way or the other. I m excited about what Les will say going into the lockerroom at the half.

usmc-sooner
It will physically hurt to watch Lester lift up that crystal football. Gimme tOSU.

I feel the same about Tressell

oh well different strokes for different folks:D

Curly Bill
As much as I hate LSU, I hate tosu more...so go LSU.

guzziguy
1/7/2008, 10:41 AM
I don't suppose there's any way they can both lose?

Bummer

usmc-sooner
1/7/2008, 10:41 AM
I don't suppose there's any way they can both lose?

Bummer

that didn't work out very well when Texas played USC

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:44 AM
I will probably decide as the game unfolds.

I'll probably root for whoever is behind on the scoreboard. (I'm getting used to that in big games :()

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 10:44 AM
One team lost at home to Illinois.

The other team lost to Kentucky and at home to Arkansas...and was number one twice and lost the spot twice.

Never has a championship game felt LESs like a championship game.

Tainted whoever wins it. No way these teams stack up with OU-2000, Miami-2001, Ohio State-2002, USC-2004 or Texas-2005.

I could care less.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:46 AM

The other team lost to Kentucky and at home to Arkansas...and was number one twice and lost the spot twice.

Tainted whoever wins it. No way these teams stack up with OU-2000, Miami-2001, Ohio State-2002, USC-2004 or Texas-2005.

I could care less.
boo hoo

ballardm
1/7/2008, 10:47 AM
LSU

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2008, 11:02 AM
LSU has 2NC's. tOSU has 5 NC's. Let's see.....GEAUX TIGERS!!!

OUmillenium
1/7/2008, 11:07 AM
I love LSU but cannot stand Lester

Go Buckeyes

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/7/2008, 11:10 AM
i want both teams to forfeit... anything else would suck

soonermix
1/7/2008, 11:12 AM
buckeye

cheezyq
1/7/2008, 11:18 AM
The refs.

1890MilesToNorman
1/7/2008, 11:23 AM
How about 0 - 0 going into the 4th overtime? That would make me happy.

sooner518
1/7/2008, 11:30 AM
Not even going to watch, but it would make me sick to think of Lester holding that trophy with that stupid hat.

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 11:38 AM
boo hoo

Not sure what the hell you mean by that. I'm not crying...OU doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this game.

But apparently, other people share my sentiment...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3183362&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

The_Red_Patriot
1/7/2008, 11:38 AM
Pulling for the Luckeyes

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 11:39 AM
Not sure what the hell you mean by that. I'm not crying...OU doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this game.

But apparently, other people share my sentiment...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3183362&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1
wow.

an espn article makes it a fact?

get outta here......

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2008, 11:45 AM
I just saw and heard Leslie interviewed on ESPN, and he's a strange one, for sure. I like Tressel better, but OhSU is too close to us in NC's. Do the Bayou Boogie tonight!

devOUt
1/7/2008, 11:45 AM
I want boredom to win tonight. A 6-3 yawner like the old Bears & Packers used to play. In the end I hope TOSU takes it.

BFS
1/7/2008, 11:49 AM
I don't care who wins as long as lsu is on the short end of the score board.

SteelClip49
1/7/2008, 11:58 AM
Form a historical stand point LSU because they would become just the second team to win the national title with 2 losses also if they win a close one then there is a slight chance that Kansas could get some love, seeing how they would be the only BCS conference team with 1 loss.

The only reason why I wouldn't want Ohio State to win is because they would be 1 national title away from being tied with OU. But they are a monumental program and I don't have any hate or dislike for them.

But if anything, I seriously hope Ohio State wins because LSU is not a clear choice to play the Buckeyes. Also, I cannot stand the fact that Les Miles could get handed (without earning) the national title.

LSU lost as the #1 team two different times this season and here he has a chance to become #1 for a third time...this time for good.

Buckeyes 31 Tigers 24

Collier11
1/7/2008, 12:09 PM
ohio st, I would rather the sweater vest get his 2nd than lester ever get his 1st

AlabamaSooner
1/7/2008, 12:13 PM
Me I'm going for LSU

I like the SEC and LSU sans Miles (but he's a good coach)

I don't the Big 10 or Ohio State

Uh oh, you might get banned. ;)

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 12:14 PM
wow.

an espn article makes it a fact?

get outta here......

Not sure what's up your *** or why you have trouble with comprehension, but there are some people who just don't think this feels like a championship game for good reasons. Is it that hard? Are you an LSU fan in hiding or something?

Congrats to both teams for finding their way to the game...I just don't think it feels like a championship, as do others. Is that okay with you or do I have to share your opinion to get you to shut up about it?

Collier11
1/7/2008, 12:18 PM
Not sure what's up your *** or why you have trouble with comprehension, but there are some people who just don't think this feels like a championship game for good reasons. Is it that hard? Are you an LSU fan in hiding or something?

Congrats to both teams for finding their way to the game...I just don't think it feels like a championship, as do others. Is that okay with you or do I have to share your opinion to get you to shut up about it?

it is basically the best of what was left, how exciting is that?

hink4769
1/7/2008, 12:23 PM
Not sure what's up your *** or why you have trouble with comprehension, but there are some people who just don't think this feels like a championship game for good reasons.
Yeah, I'm on board with this. OSU hasn't beaten anyone, and LSU has two losses and several other close calls. Both teams lost home games to teams that were humiliated on New Year's Day. Neither of these teams belong in the same class with recent national title teams.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 12:26 PM

You've already expressed in other threads how wrapped up your personal life gets in the success of the program.

At this point, most of your complaining comes across as sour grapes related to how our team performed. It's not that you don't have a valid view. It's just the context of all you've been contributing lately. If you didn't come across so bitter on many other posts, it probably would come across differently here.

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 12:30 PM
Okay, so I get bitter when OU loses by 20 in bowl games.

What the hell does that have to do with this topic about Ohio State and LSU?

Like I said...I think OU-2000, Miami-2001 and the others mentioned would dominate these two teams. Championship game by default.

Now you can resume not liking my ability to pump sunshine when a team scores more on us than they do Louisville.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 12:34 PM

Like I said...I think OU-2000, Miami-2001 and the others mentioned would dominate these two teams. Championship game by default.

your entire argument is valid and I agree with up until this point, this could be said numerous times throughout many different seasons. That isnt the point, the point is that this years MNC game feels like they just grabbed two teams off the shelf and threw them in the game

Now you can resume not liking my ability to pump sunshine when a team scores more on us than they do Louisville.

Ive been a Big BV defender but something has to change!!!

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2008, 01:42 PM

I agree the teams are not dominant this year like other years, but so what? It's the BCS championship by definition and as a fan of a BCS school, I accept that. The formula put OU in the final after the '04 season when I thought Auburn should have gone. That would not have stopped me from celebrating had OU managed the upset.

As to the question - not sure who to pull for; I'll decide who is the "good guy" as the game unfolds. It's really hard to pull for Lester compared to Tressel who just seems invisible. In the end the players are just kids/young men playing in the biggest game of their lives and I just hope it's a great game with no major injuries for their sake.

A Sooner in Texas
1/7/2008, 02:01 PM
I might get excited if lester brings in Uwe von Schaman to kick a last second field goal to beat tOSU...otherwise zzzzzzzzz. Don't care.

Is Antiques Roadshow on tonight?

possumfat
1/7/2008, 02:11 PM
I dislike both teams but if I had to pick it would be the hairless nuts, plus I want the Lester to create some new moments for YouTube.

Curly Bill
1/7/2008, 03:24 PM

I could care less.

So, you're saying you could care less? :D :D

edit...sorry, whenever I see/hear that I almost can't resist. :O

Collier11
1/7/2008, 03:30 PM
Final Four format for football would need to be seeded, commissioners say
By Joe Schad and Ivan Maisel
ESPN.com
Updated: January 7, 2008, 1:28 PM ET

ACC Commissioner John Swofford and SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said Monday morning at an annual meeting of the Football Writers Association of America that they believe a "plus-one" format would have to be seeded.

The other possibility of the "plus-one" was considered to be playing an extra game after the BCS title game.

Each commissioner also stated that the SEC, ACC, Big East and Big 12 are open to discussing the "plus-one" format. The Big Ten and Pac-10 have been opposed to it.

Swofford, who is the incoming BCS chair, said the nature of the 2007 season and its weekly upheaval has motivated his presidents and athletic directors to reconsider a plus-one model.

"A lot of people look at it and say ... maybe it would be better if more than two teams had the opportunity to play for the national championship," Swofford said.

"There's a comfort level with what we're doing today," Swofford added. "In our conference, there's much more open-mindedness about the plus-one than there was two years ago. There's an interest in it ... and a willingness to discuss it in full."

Slive, the outgoing BCS chair, said one focal point of discussion will be discerning whether the 2007 season and its parity is an anomaly or "the beginning of something bigger."

"It's a little bit like turning a big battleship," Swofford said.

Further discussion will take place at meetings of the commissioners in Miami in April.

Swofford acknowledged a meeting of No. 1 vs. No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3 in a Final Four of football could still leave out a team with a participation argument.

Slive acknowledged "logistics" and multiple television agreements will take efforts to work through for the possible format to become a reality. Two years remain in the current BCS contract with Fox Sports.

No changes are expected before the 2010 season.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN. Ivan Maisel is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Maybe this does start to evolve before too long???

Curly Bill
1/7/2008, 03:34 PM
Neither of these teams belong in the same class with recent national title teams.

...but neither does any other team this year, and these two just happened to be positioned right at the end of the year. I'm no fan of either, but I won't begrudge them their championship because they won it in a down year for college football. You just gotta play the cards you're dealt, and these two arguably played their hands better then others did.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 03:38 PM
...but neither does any other team this year, and these two just happened to be positioned right at the end of the year. I'm no fan of either, but I won't begrudge them their championship because they won it in a down year for college football. You just gotta play the cards you're dealt, and these two arguably played their hands better then others did.

See thats the problem, I dont see this as a down year for CFB. True, there may not be any truly GREAT teams but there were 5-7 really really good teams. This system was not built for several really good teams, it is built for 1 or two great teams and maybe one good team

silverwheels
1/7/2008, 03:41 PM
There should have been no Championship game this year. But since there is an arbitrary one, I'll flip a coin at the start of the game to decide which team I'll dislike less for the next 4 hours.

TopDawg
1/7/2008, 03:43 PM
Who do I want to win tonight?

I'm pulling for the gladiators. It's just not the same, though, without Larry Csonka.

birddog
1/7/2008, 03:51 PM
i could never bring myself to wish good fortune on lester.

go buckholes.

cheezyq
1/7/2008, 04:16 PM
See thats the problem, I dont see this as a down year for CFB. True, there may not be any truly GREAT teams but there were 5-7 really really good teams. This system was not built for several really good teams, it is built for 1 or two great teams and maybe one good team

This reminds me of the movie Down Periscope:

"Are you refusing to take orders from a superior officer?"
"No. Merely a higher-ranking one."

To be completely honest...although I'd rather see a playoff like everyone else, I don't have a problem with the BCS as it was originally intended. My biggest problem with it is the constant changing of the eligibility criteria to placate the whiny, coastal-and-hollywood-favoring portion of the media.

- Miami doesn't get into the game in 2000? Dammit, time to change the formula.
- OU gets in over USC despite losing at the end of the season? Dammit, time to change the formula.
- Computers don't have our favorite teams in the title game? Dammit, time to change the computer formulas so that they're less accurate and give more power to the voters.
- AP voters still can't influence the formula enough to get USC into the game in 2006? Dammit, time for the AP to withdraw from the formula.

For all it's faults, the BCS wasn't quite the laughingstock it has become until they started jacking up the formula. Not that it was perfect from the start, but it was still a fairly reasonable compromise at the beginning of this whole mess.

It'd still be tough to find a pair of eligible teams without some serious doubters this year, but at least we'd have consistency to fall back on. But I guess in the end, the bigger a joke the BCS becomes, the more likely it will be to force a playoff-like scenario in the distant future.

Don't brake for Longhorns
1/7/2008, 04:19 PM
Pulling for the Buckeyes. Beat the SEC and LSU is closer to our recruits.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2008, 04:42 PM
This reminds me of the movie Down Periscope:

It'd still be tough to find a pair of eligible teams without some serious doubters this year, but at least we'd have consistency to fall back on. But I guess in the end, the bigger a joke the BCS becomes, the more likely it will be to force a playoff-like scenario in the distant future.

Lots of good points, but I like the last one. This year has more talks about adding a playoff among the BCS and conference big-wigs than any other year. CFB changes slowly; the BCS may be generally unsatisfying most years, but it used to be worse. The '05 dream matchup of UT/USC would have never happened pre-BCS. USC would have been in the Rose and Texas in the Cotton (old southwest conf). The conference ties almost guaranteed the best teams did *not* meet unless it happened to be Pac8/Big10 or some other conference and ND (ugh).

TUSooner
1/7/2008, 04:49 PM

I couldN'T care less.
Fixed. :rolleyes:

;)

TUSooner
1/7/2008, 05:04 PM
I couldn't be for LSU if I tried (and I HAVE tried). That icky purple and gold and the fact that they are emblems of a state that I'm grown weary of, make it impossible for me to be happy for them. But being for OhSU is no fun either. I just want to get this miserable day and bowl season over with. And I hope Les is not holding the crystal on the front page of the paper tomorrow.

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 05:14 PM
I still couldn't not care less any more none whatsoever heretofore.

oupride
1/7/2008, 05:30 PM
American Gangster (The Critics Choice Awards on VH1)

BrockLanders
1/7/2008, 05:33 PM
Win? I don't know. Who's on the lineup for WWE tonight?

sendbaht
1/7/2008, 05:38 PM
GO TOSU my dad went to TOSU but if my Dad went to LSU I'd still root for TOSU! Les can go to heck!

47Wins
1/7/2008, 05:42 PM
I'm torn between not giving a rat's rear and who cares.

arlington
1/7/2008, 06:01 PM
As much as it will hurt watching Les win a title, i hope that they win and embarrass OSU..The B10 champ doesnt deserve to win a title and if they get blown out again, that will make future voters take consideration voting B10 teams so high..

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 06:05 PM
As much as it will hurt watching Les win a title, i hope that they win and embarrass OSU..The B10 champ doesnt deserve to win a title and if they get blown out again, that will make future voters take consideration voting B10 teams so high..
yeah, but that feed the "SEC superiority" theory also.

I'm sure we'll find something to whine about around here regardless of the outcome:D

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 06:07 PM

So why is LSU any more deserving than Ohio State?

Is it the loss at Kentucky where they couldn't stop the Wildcats with their so-called great defense?

Is it the loss at home in the final regular season game to a sub-par Arkansas team that was a one-trick pony and LSU couldn't stop them anyway?

Is it the fact LSU was twice ranked number one...and twice got beat?

Is it because they beat Florida...which even Michigan did?

Is it the last second win at home against Auburn...compared to the not last second win at Auburn by might South Florida?

Is it the lackluster win at Ole Miss or over Tulane?

Or maybe you are hanging your hat on the blowout over Va Tech. If that's the case, I guess you are right.

Ohio State is no less deserving than LSU. Equally unimpressive.

TopDawg
1/7/2008, 06:10 PM
I'm still ****ed at West Virginia.

They're my second favorite team and I was looking forward to cheering for them against Ohio State. Then they went and blew it so I had to watch them embarrass us and leave me with nobody to cheer for tonight.

Effin Mountaineers. :mad:

SoonerBOI
1/7/2008, 06:11 PM
tOSU

MamaMia
1/7/2008, 06:28 PM
I don't want Les and those Tiger bait spitters to win. :P

redblood
1/7/2008, 07:07 PM
I hope it is a terrible game for both and osu wins with no one remaining in the
stands after halftime.
Corso just said playing in New Orleans has no advantage for LSU.Yeah right.

OUinFLA
1/7/2008, 07:15 PM
Im kinda thinking a final score of 58 -6 would be fitting this year.

TUSooner
1/7/2008, 08:39 PM
I still couldn't not care less any more none whatsoever heretofore.
We gonna learn ya some grammer! :D

TUSooner
1/7/2008, 08:41 PM
GO TOSU my dad went to TOSU but if my Dad went to LSU I'd still root for TOSU! Les can go to heck!
Carefule with that language! :D

sammmo
1/7/2008, 08:43 PM
Whoever can make the other team look like as bad as we did in our string of bcs losses. Misery loves company

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 08:53 PM
Misery loves company
We can beat Misery.

It's company that kicks our butt.