PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Detox

oudivesherpa
1/7/2008, 08:37 AM
Is there a 12 step program to come down from the highs (and lows) of OU football?

pott_2
1/7/2008, 08:40 AM
Watch NBA basketball if you are into staying in the lows.

Curly Bill
1/7/2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah, remember if you win or lose, it's still just a game.

edit...not that it always prevents me from going a little overboard myself.

85sooners
1/7/2008, 10:21 AM
:O

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:27 AM
If that last game didn't get you to quit cold turkey, I don't know what will ;)

The Maestro
1/7/2008, 10:31 AM
Is there a 12 step program to come down from the highs (and lows) of OU football?

I hear ya...I have promised myself to not be so involved anymore. Or at least try. Losses just beat me down for a few days. I get calls from friends asking if I am okay. My in-laws call my wife to check on me. It's actually pathetic. I shouldn't let 18-23 year old guys who play football for OU have such an impact on my happiness or disappointments each Fall.

It's a work in progress...

Animal Mother
1/7/2008, 01:23 PM
I hear ya...I have promised myself to not be so involved anymore. Or at least try. Losses just beat me down for a few days. I get calls from friends asking if I am okay. My in-laws call my wife to check on me. It's actually pathetic. I shouldn't let 18-23 year old guys who play football for OU have such an impact on my happiness or disappointments each Fall.

It's a work in progress...

Is it possible for my addiction to have gotten worse with age??? I’m half a hundred and the game I remember really setting the Sooner hooks into me forever was the OU/Tennessee Orange Bowl in January of 1968. Granville Liggins and TheWorm and Owens and Hinton. The Vols coming back at the end to almost win.
Now you can watch every game every year. HD TV and the innerweb.
I only throw Ozarka water bottles nowadays. Well, I did demolish a clock radio in 2006 after THAT game. Something had to break and that was all there was to it.
There is no cure for what ails you only a more potent fix A.K.A. a National Title. I’ve always been addicted to the uncertainty of any game OU plays. I never used to drink during games until the 2002 Big 12 Title game. I get wound up tighter than a buck fifty wrist watch. I can’t sky dive or climb Everest any more so I rely upon the adrenaline rush of OU football for an old lounge lizard such as myself. Suck it up and endure. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.You’re a g**d*mn Sooner fan, so live it or live with it. I hope that I haven’t made you feel totally without resolution. Don’t fret. Death cures most anything.

NYC Poke
1/7/2008, 01:36 PM
6-6 every year allows me to keep a pretty even keel.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 01:40 PM
6-6 every year allows me to keep a pretty even keel.

how are you surviving the joy of 7-6 this year, must be exhilarating!!! :D :D

NYC Poke
1/7/2008, 01:42 PM
how are you surviving the joy of 7-6 this year, must be exhilarating!!! :D :D

I may never come down from the high. It's just too intense.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 02:00 PM
I may never come down from the high. It's just too intense.

THATS NOT TRUE, YOU MAY WIN 8 GAMES NEXT YEAR!!!

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2008, 02:01 PM
I hear ya...I have promised myself to not be so involved anymore.

Yeah, um . . . good luck with that. :D

A Sooner in Texas
1/7/2008, 02:05 PM
It's a one day at a time thing. Kinda like Kevin Costner in "Mr. Brooks."
So addictive and what a rush!

:eek:

NYC Poke
1/7/2008, 02:09 PM
THATS NOT TRUE, YOU MAY WIN 8 GAMES NEXT YEAR!!!

Next year is awesome. Always is.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 02:48 PM
Next year is awesome. Always is.

kind of like a Cubs fan! :D

recemp
1/7/2008, 02:58 PM
kind of like a Cubs fan! :D
That's my next block of season tickets in the mail.
Fukudome?
Woe....

TXBOOMER
1/7/2008, 03:03 PM
I have a good friend that got on meth after the orange bowl loss to suc. I wouldn't recommend that.