PDA

View Full Version : NH Donks swinging heavily towards BHO vs. HRC.

Okla-homey
1/6/2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder if she'll blame it on a "vast left wing conspiracy" or sumpin.'

Where can she win? Why don't the faithful recognize the White House is her destiny? She is still the World's Smartest Woman isn't she? Perhaps she'll unleash Carville. Oh my.

and yes, SCHADENFREUDE!

NormanPride
1/7/2008, 11:23 AM
tee hee!

Oldnslo
1/7/2008, 11:59 AM
She makes it difficult to like her.

Here's a secret: I'm a registered Democrat. But it's no secret that there hasn't been a Dem. Prez. candidate worth voting for since...

well. a long damn time.

There still isn't. Right now, I think the only one who has a chance of winning is Edwards. But it's not much of a chance. I still think HRC is dangerous (in many ways) as she has support in NY, FL, CA, and other high electoral college vote states.

VeeJay
1/7/2008, 12:00 PM
I heard a poll this morning that has Obama in a double digit lead over the rest of them.

Hillary reportedly has been booed while Obama's Elvis-esque aura has put him out front and center. And he's for change.

OU4LIFE
1/7/2008, 12:12 PM
I'll go on record as saying that the odds he becomes our first assasinated president since Kennedy if he gets elected. Don't make it right, but there are enough crazy people in the country that I bet it is danged near a certainty.

Sooner_Bob
1/7/2008, 12:19 PM
President Huckabee vs. President Obama . . . I think I'll go with the hillbilly.

OklahomaTuba
1/7/2008, 01:06 PM
The donks cannot seriously be dumb enough to nominate the least qualified guy running in more than 50 years, can they?

If so, November will be a GOP landslide.

crawfish
1/7/2008, 01:14 PM
http://bowes3.com/images/HRC-002.jpg

KABOOKIE
1/7/2008, 01:20 PM
If the Donks win, I predict the Daily Show will be off the air 12 months later.

OklahomaTuba
1/7/2008, 01:54 PM
Looks like someone already has an obit made up for the end of the Clinton era.

There are many things to say about the deeper meaning of this moment and what its passing will signify. Suffice it to say that it will be good, very good, for us to say farewell to the couple that brought you Carville, Begala, Blumenthal, and Ickes; the “war room,” the use of private investigators, and attacks on women like Dolly Kyle Browning, Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, and Kathleen Willey; impeachment for perjurious, false and misleading testimony to a grand jury; contempt of court findings; the promiscuous smearing of those whom they viewed as threat to their power; the charges of a “vast right-wing conspiracy” and assurances that “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”; and so much more.

OU4LIFE
1/7/2008, 02:53 PM
President Huckabee vs. President Obama . . . I think I'll go with the hillbilly.

post reported, racist. ;)

jeremy885
1/7/2008, 03:50 PM
Can someone explain to me how he's a "black" candidate, when he's half white?

Mjcpr
1/7/2008, 03:52 PM
What is the other half?

royalfan5
1/7/2008, 03:53 PM
Can someone explain to me how he's a "black" candidate, when he's half white?
Probably because of the tradition of declaring someone black if they weren't all white. Ex. Plessy v. Ferguson. Plessy was 7/8 white and still black in the eyes of the law. That has become ingrained over time.

VeeJay
1/7/2008, 04:04 PM
He sounded black when he spoke at Selma last summer.

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2008, 04:04 PM
What is the other half?

Mexican.

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2008, 04:08 PM
The donks cannot seriously be dumb enough to nominate the least qualified guy running in more than 50 years, can they?

How much do you think qualification matters? Honestly, there are some people out there with a **** load of experience that have no business managing a villiage much less a country. While by the same token there are some folks out there with thin resumes that would likely make excellent Presidents.

A President doesn't govern alone and he needs to be smart enough to know what he doesn't know and hire staff accordingly. He needs to be a man of principle, of at least moderate intelligence, show an ability to make wise decisions, and abide by and have faith in the Constitution.

Experience isn't all that important to me.

jeremy885
1/7/2008, 04:25 PM

Republicans nominated W twice (and I voted for him once)

jeremy885
1/7/2008, 04:26 PM
Probably because of the tradition of declaring someone black if they weren't all white. Ex. Plessy v. Ferguson. Plessy was 7/8 white and still black in the eyes of the law. That has become ingrained over time.

So I should stop rolling my eyes at people claiming to Native American even though they are blond hair, blue eyed, and whiter then me?

royalfan5
1/7/2008, 04:30 PM
So I should stop rolling my eyes at people claiming to Native American even though they are blond hair, blue eyed, and whiter then me?
Roll your eyes at whomever you want. I'm just stating what has traditionally been the case in regards to determining who is black.

Mjcpr
1/7/2008, 04:30 PM
All this talk of swinging donks is making me nervous.

1stTimeCaller
1/7/2008, 04:52 PM

I think they also measure body parts.

Boarder
1/7/2008, 04:56 PM
Forearms?

KABOOKIE
1/7/2008, 05:18 PM
All this talk of swinging donks is making me nervous.

Calm down. There's plenty of them to go around.

Chuck Bao
1/7/2008, 05:58 PM
Ahem. BIG swinging donks, if you don't mind.

Oldnslo
1/7/2008, 06:13 PM
Yup. Historically, the minority has been held to be a minority even if an individual had "a drop" of minority (read: tainted) blood.

You're putting centuries of bigotry on its ear.

jeremy885
1/7/2008, 06:15 PM
Yup. Historically, the minority has been held to be a minority even if an individual had "a drop" of minority (read: tainted) blood.

You're putting centuries of bigotry on its ear.

I thought that was one of the "points" of his campaign?

StoopTroup
1/7/2008, 06:15 PM
John McCain is looking so Howard Dean lately...

I think he's gonna go off soon.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2008, 08:15 PM
If the Donks win, I predict the Fox news Channel will be an all-sewing hints channel 12 months later.fixed

1/7/2008, 08:18 PM
John McCain is looking so Howard Dean lately...

I think he's gonna go off soon.After he gets slammed in South Carolina again, he might crater.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/7/2008, 10:05 PM
After he gets slammed in South Carolina again, he might crater.

If Huckacide wins SC, that really doesn't help the pubs out though.

1/8/2008, 12:55 AM
If Huckacide wins SC, that really doesn't help the pubs out though.It's Rudy.

Okla-homey
1/8/2008, 07:10 AM
Ironically, John McCain is the only candidate on either side who enjoys majority favorable ratings among donks and elephants. Again though, I just can't see him going the distance because he is so, well, mean.

jk the sooner fan
1/8/2008, 07:28 AM
HRC is nothing more than a political gold digger - she comes across as being in the game merely for the power trip - her near tears yesterday may very well be the final nail in her coffin - she's in a catch 22 on the campaign trail because she needs Willie to campaign for her, but i've yet to see him to/say anything helpful for her

BHO is as liberal as liberal can be and would be a foreign policy disaster imo

frankly there arent alot of good choices on either side

OULenexaman
1/8/2008, 08:45 AM
you folks should live in Chicago for a week....you'd think BHO has already won it. His ties to Tony Rezko will take him down eventually.

Scott D
1/8/2008, 11:21 AM

So far they don't seem to be nominating Hillary, so your statement isn't really true ;)

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2008, 01:24 PM
So far they don't seem to be nominating Hillary, so your statement isn't really true ;)

You know its bad when a former first lady has more experience & qualifications then the front runner.

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2008, 01:29 PM
Republicans nominated W twice (and I voted for him once)

At least W had some experience in doing something, like running one of the largest states in the union.

Still not sure what Hussein has done to merit any credibility.

Mjcpr
1/8/2008, 01:38 PM
At least W had some experience in doing something, like running one of the largest states in the union.

If he does end up getting elected, can we count on you to take him out, Lee Harvey?

Scott D
1/8/2008, 02:16 PM
You know its bad when a former first lady has more experience & qualifications then the front runner.

being the wife of a governor and 2x president isn't experience or qualification. however, if finding a district where you can virtually run unoppossed and buying a 'summer house' there to qualify as a resident (even though you aren't) to get elected to congress means either of those, then you got me there.

LosAngelesSooner
1/8/2008, 03:05 PM
The donks cannot seriously be dumb enough to nominate the least qualified guy running in more than 6 years, can they?

Fixed.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2008, 03:10 PM
Fixed.
This is why this crap about experience is virtually meaningless. Are you going to seriously argue that the chief executive of th 2nd largest state in the Union is less qualified to run for President than a governor of Arkansas? I'm sure you would agree that Clinton turned out to be a fine governor regardless of his rather them resume. And by the way, these same attacks were lobbed against him in 1992...the lack of experience, virtually no foreign policy experience, a lack of work on a national scale, etc.

It's meaningless.

LosAngelesSooner
1/8/2008, 03:13 PM
Just as meaningless as the "her husband likes BJ's" or the "His name sounds like Osama" or the "she's a closeted lesbian" arguments.

Now...if somebody doesn't like a candidates STANCE on an issue...I's gots no problems whit dat.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2008, 03:20 PM
Just as meaningless as the "her husband likes BJ's" or the "His name sounds like Osama" or the "she's a closeted lesbian" arguments.

Now...if somebody doesn't like a candidates STANCE on an issue...I's gots no problems whit dat.

You're right with the above. That crap drives me mad. The next person who thinks it's witty to play on Obama's name needs to stop playing politics and play with some crayons instead.

Asinine and idiotic bunch of crap is what that is.

1/8/2008, 03:47 PM
The next person who thinks it's witty to play on Obama's name needs to stop playing politics and play with some crayons instead. Now, if playing with Ubama's name is more of a shot at the media than it is at Obama himself, then it makes more sense.

Expounded.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2008, 03:51 PM
Expounded.
Well, there are more than a few reporters that also need to step away from the TV or computer and pick up a Crayola as well.

TexasLidig8r
1/8/2008, 04:01 PM
You're right with the above. That crap drives me mad. The next person who thinks it's witty to play on Obama's name needs to stop playing politics and play with some crayons instead.

Asinine and idiotic bunch of crap is what that is.

OSAMA OSAMA OSAMA !!!!!!

http://static.flickr.com/44/160840982_80d321d3e9_m.jpg

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2008, 04:06 PM
OSAMA OSAMA OSAMA !!!!!!

http://static.flickr.com/44/160840982_80d321d3e9_m.jpg

Did you run out of black crayon? That's really all you need!

Kidding kidding.

LosAngelesSooner
1/8/2008, 04:36 PM
Racist.

;)

Ike
1/8/2008, 05:04 PM

What if we don't like their stance on a tissue?

http://wheresmyamerica.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/1004craig.jpg

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2008, 05:11 PM
I thought "donk" was on the naughty word list. :confused:

Ike
1/8/2008, 05:18 PM
I thought "donk" was on the naughty word list. :confused:

Badonkadonk?

On a serious note, if they could manage to become known as the Badonkadonks rather than the donks, they'd probably get a lot more street cred.

At the very least, they could have a lot more fun with the logo...

Scott D
1/8/2008, 05:22 PM
Badonkadonk?

On a serious note, if they could manage to become known as the Badonkadonks rather than the donks, they'd probably get a lot more street cred.

At the very least, they could have a lot more fun with the logo...

Street cred with the kind of crowd that listens to Trace Atkins might not be a bad thing for the Democratic party. They couldn't be accused of ignoring "flyover country" anymore. ;)

Ike
1/8/2008, 05:24 PM
Street cred with the kind of crowd that listens to Trace Atkins might not be a bad thing for the Democratic party. They couldn't be accused of ignoring "flyover country" anymore. ;)

Street cred with anybody would be an improvement....for both parties.

So far, the only candidate who has shown any of it whatsoever was Huckabee with the Chuck Norris ads....

SoonerInKCMO
1/8/2008, 08:53 PM
I should run in the NH Dem. primary next time. Hell, I can't do much worse than Gravel.

SoonerInKCMO
1/8/2008, 08:55 PM
Is Romney really blaming Democratic leadership in Michigan for the problems in the automotive industry? Yes, high state income taxes in Michigan are why people are buying Toyotas.

Vaevictis
1/8/2008, 09:09 PM

Wouldn't that make the next "least qualified guy" to run in 50 years... uh, JFK? I'd say that turned out pretty well for the Democrats.

Really? You're going to hang your hat on that? I think maybe you ought to go learn about the structure of the government of Texas. The governor of Texas absolutely does not run the state. The office is like a steer: the dick looks big, but there's no potency behind it.

(Okay, so that's a bit of an exaggeration. But it ain't like the governorship of other states. They've dispersed the traditional powers among many other offices. Being the governor of Texas ain't any more qualifying than any other civil service job really -- including say, Senator from Illinois.)

He won Iowa. In terms of presidential politics, that's some serious cred, yo.

Big Red Ron
1/8/2008, 09:34 PM
Looks like the polls were way off. Hillary 39% Hussien 37% with 44% reporting in.

Big Win for McCain.