PDA

View Full Version : USF LB's ex-wife getting some revenge....

AllAboutThe'O'
1/6/2008, 02:39 AM
saying she did his schoolwork for him while raising the kiddies at the same time:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/04/sp-moffitts-wife-says-she-wrote-papers-took-classe/?sports

85sooners
1/6/2008, 10:24 AM
lol

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, think the NCAA is listening to this story? I wish I could have found some lady to write all my papers.

Big Red Ron
1/6/2008, 11:32 AM
heh

"Ben Moffitt has never written a paper," Shauna said. "Never. Ever. I love him, but he doesn't know how to spell. He cheats."

I don't know if he can't spell, but...

Ben Moffitt, 23, who filed for divorce on Thursday from his wife of five years, called the accusations hearsay.

we at least we know he doesn't know what hearsay means.

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2008, 11:46 AM
Can she use a county assessors computer for her own personal use. I know in Oklahoma that is a no-no.

SoonerStormchaser
1/6/2008, 11:50 AM
Hey O, where'd your pic of Rachel Nichols go?

devOUt
1/6/2008, 02:47 PM
Can she use a county assessors computer for her own personal use. I know in Oklahoma that is a no-no.

She is cutting off her nose to spite her face. The court will grant him a divorce no matter how much he cheated his way through college but she will get canned by her employer for using public property for a private purpose. If this is how her mind works, I doubt if any of those papers she did for her husband were of Pulitzer prize winning quality.

NYC Poke
1/6/2008, 02:49 PM
She is cutting off her nose to spite her face. The court will grant him a divorce no matter how much he cheated his way through college but she will get canned by her employer for using public property for a private purpose. If this is how her mind works, I doubt if any of those papers she did for her husband were of Pulitzer prize winning quality.

If he goes high enough in the draft, she'll get more every month in child support than she made in a year at the county assessor's office.

devOUt
1/6/2008, 02:55 PM
If he goes high enough in the draft, she'll get more every month in child support than she made in a year at the county assessor's office.

It looks like she's doing everything she can to make sure that he doesn't go high in the draft.

NYC Poke
1/6/2008, 03:07 PM
It looks like she's doing everything she can to make sure that he doesn't go high in the draft.

How much do you think this will really hurt him? I know character has become more important to the NFL in recent years, but this is fairly mundane stuff. We all know someone who has been through a bad divorce (I could fill tomes with the ways my ex-wife tried to screw me). And he's being drafted to play linebacker, not write essays on "Our Friend the Beaver." I just don't see this as hurting his draft prospects all that much, other than as a distraction for him.

Sooner_Bob
1/6/2008, 04:11 PM

Yep . . . cause we all know that the NFL is loaded with Rhodes Scholars. :rolleyes:

As long as the dude can run, tackle and cover a TE I think he'll be fine. :D

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2008, 05:03 PM

She wants that dude to go high in the draft. More cash for her in the divorce settlement and child support. Once he's drafted she should quit her job and go back to court and get more child support.

When I was watching USF play Rutgers on TV they showed her :eek: in the stands. She's not much to look at, matter of fact, one could say he married her because of the kid. Lot's of wear and tear on that woman.

bluedogok
1/6/2008, 05:07 PM
Well, it could be some sort of blackmail attempt that if he does get a fat contract, he pays her what is in effect hush money. Kind of like what happened with Michael Strahan of the Giants and his ex-wife when they were in the middle of their divorce about him being gay. All that kind of went away after the divorce, in both cases they may have been nothing more than slanderous statements to discredit the other in order to get them to an agreement during the proceedings.

devOUt
1/6/2008, 05:41 PM
Yep . . . cause we all know that the NFL is loaded with Rhodes Scholars. :rolleyes:

As long as the dude can run, tackle and cover a TE I think he'll be fine. :D

I didn't mean to imply that you need to be smart to play in the NFL. Michael Vick and Dexter Manley have proven otherwise. I'm saying the woman is doing everything she can to put her husband in a bad light, even if it ends up costing her.

He might go as high as the middle rounds, as projected and she might get more money from child support than she would get paid in her County job. But she isn't doing anything to help her situation.

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2008, 05:59 PM
I'm sure this is all true because we all know there are never any lies in divorce cases. :)

goingoneight
1/6/2008, 07:18 PM
Dexter Manley.

Big Red Ron
1/6/2008, 07:31 PM
If half of what she's saying is true the guy's a scumbag. You don't just bail on two kids and a wife without paying a huge price, one way or another.

usmc-sooner
1/6/2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, think the NCAA is listening to this story? I wish I could have found some lady to write all my papers.

you could've if you were hot like me.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/6/2008, 11:26 PM
Hey O, where'd your pic of Rachel Nichols go?
It's on hiatus right now. I like to give her some time off every now and then.

Seamus
1/6/2008, 11:38 PM
Dexter Manley -- he's a man. His reading score was 40!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2008, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking what DevOUt said...

She is only going to get her supervisor to ask questions. At my private company job, misuse of computer equipment will get you fired. I'm thinking many government jobs are the same way. I don't think this will be good for the soon to be ex-Mrs. Moffit

NYC Poke
1/7/2008, 12:53 PM
Dexter Manley -- he's a man. His reading score was 40!

40%?

Blitzkrieg
1/7/2008, 01:02 PM
You should keep your hoe on a leash.

cccasooner2
1/7/2008, 02:50 PM
heh

I don't know if he can't spell, but...

we at least we know he doesn't know what hearsay means.

He can't spell, he meant the accusations were horses--t.

achiro
1/7/2008, 03:05 PM
If half of what she's saying is true the guy's a scumbag. You don't just bail on two kids and a wife without paying a huge price, one way or another.
Yeah, seems weird that he files the week after his last football game. Used her to support him through school and now he doesn't need her anymore? :pop:

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, seems weird that he files the week after his last football game. Used her to support him through school and now he doesn't need her anymore? :pop:

If he were a doctor, he would wait until the med school loans were paid off and then line up a trophy wife.

Osagecrimson
1/7/2008, 07:44 PM
I wonder what she'll score on his wunderlick?