PDA

View Full Version : I want to say "Thank you!" to this community and all of you.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/6/2008, 01:47 AM
Look.

The last few days have been teh succ on these here innerwebs.

We have all had crushing disappointment over what has transpired, and equally fierce disagreements about what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks got all FUBAR to result in what transpired.

I just want to say this:

Lots o' n00bs been sayin' stupid things.

Lots o' old-timers have had it up to "here"

Lot's o' idots like me have had it with each and every one of ya not s'portin' our BOB like you are.

And all y'all and us'n'all have been bangin' our heads on a brick wall about it all.

What does it all mean?....

It means we care as much and/or moreso than any other fan base in America. It is part of who we are as "Oklahoma". We want to win... against all odds, no matter what, and with no excuses. Does everyone here get how thoroughly our LoSuR bretheren would be creamin' themselves if they had won back-to-back Big XII Championships? Dear baby Jebus, it would be the Apocolypse....

Bottom line: We don't accept "second". What the hell is that after all?

I apologize for gettin snippy with a lot of you. I don't apologize for my convictions, however, as I expect most of you don't. We all have picadillos about what we think is "the right way."

But we all, as evidenced right here, in this lil' ol' teh innerwebs community...

ARE...

with NO DOUBT...

SOONERS!!!

And it is so hard to be humble!!!!.....

Tulsa_Fireman
1/6/2008, 01:49 AM
Gotta love it.

sanantoniosooner
1/6/2008, 01:53 AM
having high expectations doesn't excuse some of the idiot posting that goes on.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/6/2008, 02:58 PM
Think before you post nubs.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/6/2008, 03:02 PM
agreed. Besides, regardless of how "hard" it has been on us...think about the players. I doubt AP feels good with the loss. I doubt Gute is calling for the coach's heads.... everyone needs to stop with the negativity about Stoops & Co. 90% of more of the other school in D-I would love to have OUr record, etc.

nOObs go away 'til spring!

OU_Sooners75
1/6/2008, 03:33 PM
BOOMER!

Tulsa_Fireman
1/6/2008, 03:41 PM
Sunshine pumpers.

AlabamaSooner
1/6/2008, 03:54 PM
Great post soonerboy. I agree. While we all want to be the best (we're Sooners, that's the way it is), it doesn't always work out that way. Sure we've struggled in the BCS games, but I'd much rather be there than taking Texas' place in San Diego. The Big 12 title stays in Norman once AGAIN this year and that's a lot more than 11 other teams can say. Even though we ended on a sour note, we still had a championship season with a freshman QB. We'll get #8 guys, don't worry.

jduggle
1/6/2008, 04:09 PM
Monday night's BCS championship game will remind all of us that, as bad as it was, OU lost what was nothing more than an exhibition game.

goingoneight
1/6/2008, 06:17 PM
I wonder if all of the Nebraska fans are still bitching about all of their bowl losses under Osborne?

TUSooner
1/6/2008, 06:24 PM
Monday night's BCS championship game will remind all of us that, as bad as it was, OU lost what was nothing more than an exhibition game.
:D

The great thing about this place for me (living is LSU-siana) is that it's basically the only place I can commune with fellow Sooners about OUr team. That makes is possible to put up with lots of inanity, tomfoolery, and shenanigans.

Carry on.

usmc-sooner
1/6/2008, 06:27 PM
so were not going to fire someone

sh*&

Soonerus
1/6/2008, 06:39 PM
A little sanity still exists...there's hope....

goingoneight
1/6/2008, 06:59 PM
so were not going to fire someone

sh*&

You do know that whoever gets fired from this staff will pick up another job with ease, right? Bo Pelini anyone? As much as people bag on OUr staff, who is better? Who is better that you really think we can pluck away from their job (because I know someone is going to say something like a USC assistant or some other top-notch assistant who would be making a lateral move to OU)? "Wanting it" goes a long way as far as winning it. See the BIG 12 CCG in December.

usmc-sooner
1/6/2008, 07:02 PM
You do know that whoever gets fired from this staff will pick up another job with ease, right? Bo Pelini anyone? As much as people bag on OUr staff, who is better? Who is better that you really think we can pluck away from their job (because I know someone is going to say something like a USC assistant or some other top-notch assistant who would be making a lateral move to OU)? "Wanting it" goes a long way as far as winning it. See the BIG 12 CCG in December.

that was meant to be funny. I'm not the biggest fan of BV, but I'll let Bob do the hiring and firing.

goingoneight
1/6/2008, 07:07 PM
Sorry, usmc... I've had my fill of retards this week. I didn't even see that was you. :O

Not only am I seeing and hearing from the occasional 'fire Stoops' bunch, I'm dealing with a lot fo Stoolwater twerps as well. Gawd, Tulsa sucks.

Blues1
1/7/2008, 08:49 PM
After all is said and Done -- We Just Gotta just Keep on Rockin'
Booooomer SOOOOONER....!!!

SouthFortySooner
1/7/2008, 10:35 PM
Entertainment in its purest form. Sooner Football!

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:39 PM
Entertainment in its purest form. Sooner Football!
are you into sadism?

masochism?