PDA

View Full Version : OUr two JJ's!

soonerboy_odanorth
1/6/2008, 01:20 AM
I'm tellin' ya....

Between Justin Johnson and Joshua Jarboe and their talent and "want-to" and enthusiasm....

Damn!

Gets me all giddy inside!

You kids freakin' rock! I can't wait to follow what you do on the gridiron!

freshchris05
1/6/2008, 02:20 PM
2 JJ's?

http://www.pimpadelicwonderland.com/album/dynomite.jpg

sooner518
1/6/2008, 04:25 PM
Let's hope that we have 3 JJ's come signing day!

regardless, I am stoked about the 2 JJs we have now.

abc123pickle
1/6/2008, 06:55 PM
Do you think Stoops will make Jarboe cut his dreads? I have a feeling we have a 50/50 shot at Julio.

Sam Bradford
1/6/2008, 07:32 PM
looks like alabama fans arent to conifident of landing julio jones so that could mean our three jj's they all seem to think he is coming to OU here is just one person on tidefans.com

It is over Julio is OU bound please stop the clutter......

Stop the Julio said this or that threads it is over.....

He is OU bound.....

We do not have a QB will throw to Julio......

Get over it.....

We do not have a QB......

Stop Spin Doctors Stop....

It is over.....

Can not take the ride no longer.....

KingDavid
1/6/2008, 07:45 PM
Sam Bradford to Julio Jones:

"Me & Julio down by the school (university) yard!"

insuranceman_22
1/7/2008, 02:27 AM
It would make a pretty nice combo....Sam & Julio. And lets not forget that along with Julio, we've got several other nice targets....along with several other (potentially) nice throwing QB's.......

abc123pickle
1/7/2008, 07:49 PM
ok quick question, with it being possible for us to bring in 3-4 recievers to go along with broyles,wilson,tennell,chaney,iglesias,bothum,(may be kelly?),and our stock pile of maybe the best athletes on the team in murray, brown, madu, calhoun, and johnson at rb. Also with our lack of depth at db, do you see another dj wolfe or lendy holmes out of these guys that could make the switch and contribute in time or immediately?

freshchris05
1/7/2008, 09:05 PM
ok quick question, with it being possible for us to bring in 3-4 recievers to go along with broyles,wilson,tennell,chaney,iglesias,bothum,(may be kelly?),and our stock pile of maybe the best athletes on the team in murray, brown, madu, calhoun, and johnson at rb. Also with our lack of depth at db, do you see another dj wolfe or lendy holmes out of these guys that could make the switch and contribute in time or immediately?

Thats a good question...

Murray, Brown, tennell, kelly, iglesias i feel are set at the position they are at but out of everyone else? Who knows... Hopefully our depth will create competition and everyone will step their game up... you see way too many situations where people just don't try and look to transfer. I mean all of these recruits will sign a LOI to a school who has already signed 3 or 4 in the same position, and have 3 more already on the roster, and then feel like they are promised the starter spot.. sometimes they are but still.. they should compete for it..

KingDavid
1/8/2008, 01:59 AM

Madu could be a candidate for DB, IMO. Possibly Broyles, too - but he's apparently shown a lot of upside in the slot. My nickel bet is that Madu would be the one to ask to switch.

birddog
1/8/2008, 09:25 AM
bothum

who is that?

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 05:57 PM
Garrett Bothum WR, #27
Ht/Wt: 5-9, 173 Hometown: Rowlett Texas

I think he played 3rd wide reciever in the fiesta bowl

insuranceman_22
1/8/2008, 11:30 PM
Bothum also caught a TD in the Spring game!

Widescreen
1/9/2008, 12:28 AM
Is Bothum a walk-on?

LoyalFan
1/9/2008, 07:01 AM
Is Bothum a walk-on?

We need to get to the bothum of this!

LF

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2008, 08:27 AM
its a good thing the JJ guys arent from Virginia

they'd be known as the VA'JJ's...

sooneron
1/9/2008, 03:19 PM
I thought J Johnson was prolly being moved to D.

Rhino
1/9/2008, 03:36 PM
JJohnson will be a RB throughout spring ball. He'll be one of only two healthy RBs on scholarship. If he moves to LB, it won't be until the fall. So, he'll have every shot to show he belongs at RB.

ok quick question, with it being possible for us to bring in 3-4 recievers to go along with broyles,wilson,tennell,chaney,iglesias,bothum,(may be kelly?),and our stock pile of maybe the best athletes on the team in murray, brown, madu, calhoun, and johnson at rb. Also with our lack of depth at db, do you see another dj wolfe or lendy holmes out of these guys that could make the switch and contribute in time or immediately? We lack depth at WR right now and we're just about right on RB depth. Adding 3-4 new guys at WR will make our depth just about right, especially with the talk of Tennell redshirting next year.

Bothun is a walk-on, yes. We had to dig real deep in the Fiesta Bowl with Kelly, Tennell and Caleb out for the game and Iglesias down for a couple plays.

picasso
1/9/2008, 04:47 PM
Sam Bradford to Julio Jones:

"Me & Julio down by the school (university) yard!"
spek!

freshchris05
1/10/2008, 08:55 AM
We give out Paul Simon spek? heh.. damn.. i had this whole bit saying heres to you duke robinson.. ehh not so great.. carry on

BillyBall
1/10/2008, 12:23 PM
JJohnson will be a RB throughout spring ball. He'll be one of only two healthy RBs on scholarship.

Im sorry, I know that Murray is obviously injured but who else? Brown or Madu?

TIA

CatfishSooner
1/10/2008, 01:54 PM
its a good thing the JJ guys arent from Virginia

they'd be known as the VA'JJ's...

:D heh

Rhino
1/10/2008, 04:24 PM
Im sorry, I know that Murray is obviously injured but who else? Brown or Madu?

TIA Brown's having minor knee surgery to clear out some stuff.

KingDavid
1/10/2008, 06:22 PM
I gotta say that the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that there could not possibly be a cooler name than "Julio" for a big, fast, bad-*** wide-receiver. Singular, yet in a communal sort of way. Earthy, yet trans-continental. Simple, yet exotic. Common-place in certain settings, yet completed unexpected when linging up outside the hash-marks.

Damn, Julio. You need to come to Oklahoma.

KingDavid
1/10/2008, 06:32 PM
And furthermore, Julio, look at how Malcolm Kelly has so graciously stepped aside to give you the grand stage!!!!!

How will they be able to double you up on the wing with Iglesias/Tennell/Chaney on the other side of the field, Jarboe/Johnson/Broyles in the slot, Gresham in the middle of the field, and Murray catching screens in the flats . . . and a young, stud, record-setting QB to deliver the ball to all of them, who will be setting up to throw behind the best offensive line in the nation.

Come to OU, Julio. Come get yourself a ring, Mr. Jones.

I leave you with a few sentiments from The Counting Crows:

"Mr. Jones & Me, tell each other fairy-tales, and we
stare at the beautiful trophies . . ."

freshchris05
1/10/2008, 10:06 PM
i wanna be bob dylan

KingDavid
1/11/2008, 03:06 AM
i wanna be bob dylan

That's the spirit!

freshchris05
1/13/2008, 05:46 PM
so if we do get julio how many julio iglesias jokes will be thrown out by commentators next year?..