PDA

View Full Version : How Many Recruits Have We Got Out of Oklahoma?

TXBOOMER
1/5/2008, 09:40 PM
Any Wes Welker types around this year that we were in on that anybody knows of? A buddy of mine that graduated from TTech told me they got a heck of a speed running back out of Lawton and a good D-End out of OKC.

tulsaoilerfan
1/5/2008, 10:53 PM
Do we even recruit Oklahoma any more other than a couple of kids?

bob
1/6/2008, 12:20 AM
I know they have offered several kids from Oklahoma and the two from Muskogee haven't announced yet. But I think this is one of Stoops' failings. He doesn't offer many scolly's to Oklahoma kids, this year so far only has gotten a kicker. Switzer knew the importance of recruiting Texas but also had many players from Oklahoma. An example, Kansas have more than a dozen kids from Oklahoma on their team and Missouri's best defensive player is from Okla. There is something about a kid from this state who has dreamed of playing for OU. I don't think he would be disappointed if he would take some of the more talented Oklahoma kids each year over some of the higher rated kids from around the country. Remember the national championship team has a lot of kids from this state.

Redgiant2
1/6/2008, 03:02 AM
He needs desperately to find kids proud of OU and Oklahoma. You're not gonna get that with some kid from Florida just here waiting to get drafted. If he does or not is another story. He seems enamored with gold stars and such as of late.

The_Red_Patriot
1/6/2008, 03:57 AM
I was thinking about this the other day as well.

I really don't know why they don't pursue more Oklahoma kids.

OSUAggie
1/6/2008, 04:51 AM
A few scholarship Okies:

Austin Box
Sam Bradford
Ryan Broyles
Jonte Bumpus
Quentin Chaney
Kody Cooke
Dominique Franks
Jermaine Gresham
Curtis Lofton
Mossis Madu
Gerald McCoy
Reggie Smith
DJ Wolfe
Dane Zaslaw

Bringing in next year:

Tress Way

Probably Owens and McGee

I'd say you're doing pretty well with the Oklahoma kids that would have a shot at PT given the 85 scholarship limit that exists.

Who do you want? Fine? Lo Williams? Henry? Harris? Jason Ray? Hell, outside of Williams they'd be backups in Stillwater.

Those guys wouldn't get anywhere near the reps at OU that they're getting in Lawrence and Columbia.

I get what you're saying about Oklahoma kids playing for state pride, or whatever, but you're still hauling in extremely talented guys year in and year out. It's football. **** happens. Things aren't all of the sudden horribly wrong just because you've lost a few bowl games.

You just went 11-3 with a FR QB and won a Big XII title. This was supposed to be the nat'l title season with the way the recruiting classes and the schedule set up. But #7 ****ed up and in turn set back the development of the young squad. So plan B was find a QB and keep developing the young talent. That happened, regardless of the outcome of the Western Virginia game. And there was a Big XII title on top of that.

Seamus
1/6/2008, 04:56 AM
Wow. I'm stunned.

sooner518
1/6/2008, 04:34 PM
Wow. I'm stunned.
I know. An Aggie making sense. shocking

Salt City Sooner
1/6/2008, 07:01 PM
A few scholarship Okies:

Austin Box
Sam Bradford
Ryan Broyles
Jonte Bumpus
Quentin Chaney
Kody Cooke
Dominique Franks
Jermaine Gresham
Curtis Lofton
Mossis Madu
Gerald McCoy
Reggie Smith
DJ Wolfe
Dane Zaslaw

Bringing in next year:

Tress Way

Probably Owens and McGee

I'd say you're doing pretty well with the Oklahoma kids that would have a shot at PT given the 85 scholarship limit that exists.

Who do you want? Fine? Lo Williams? Henry? Harris? Jason Ray? Hell, outside of Williams they'd be backups in Stillwater.

Those guys wouldn't get anywhere near the reps at OU that they're getting in Lawrence and Columbia.

I get what you're saying about Oklahoma kids playing for state pride, or whatever, but you're still hauling in extremely talented guys year in and year out. It's football. **** happens. Things aren't all of the sudden horribly wrong just because you've lost a few bowl games.

You just went 11-3 with a FR QB and won a Big XII title. This was supposed to be the nat'l title season with the way the recruiting classes and the schedule set up. But #7 ****ed up and in turn set back the development of the young squad. So plan B was find a QB and keep developing the young talent. That happened, regardless of the outcome of the Western Virginia game. And there was a Big XII title on top of that.
Must....resist.....urge.....to......spek......aggi e.......

Dangit, couldn't fight it. :mad: :P

JaminT
1/7/2008, 04:18 PM
Watching that Kansas game the other night, seemed like every other player on their team was from Oklahoma

Spray
1/7/2008, 06:26 PM
Watching that Kansas game the other night, seemed like every other player on their team was from Oklahoma

And we would beat that squad 8 times out of 10. By double digits.

Mjcpr
1/7/2008, 07:26 PM
And we would beat that squad 8 times out of 10. By double digits.

Unless it was in a bowl game.

;)