PDA

View Full Version : Kansas as #2?

SteelClip49
1/5/2008, 04:57 PM
No matter what happens between LSU and tOSU, is Kansas a no-brainer as the Coaches Poll and AP final #2 team?

Kansas did what they had to do and ended up at 12-1 and it was capped off by defeating the ACC Champion.

Big Red Ron
1/5/2008, 05:01 PM
No matter what happens between LSU and tOSU, is Kansas a no-brainer as the Coaches Poll and AP final #2 team?

Kansas did what they had to do and ended up at 12-1 and it was capped off by defeating the ACC Champion.Lester wins a close one and they could get a split MNC.

Just sayin...

Redgiant2
1/5/2008, 06:28 PM
That I would like to see!

yermom
1/5/2008, 06:58 PM
they will be below USC

Mile High Sooner
1/5/2008, 07:21 PM
they will be below USC
What was the Illini's ranking prior to playing usuc @ "home" in the Rose Bowl? At 9-3 I'm pretty sure they were below #5 Va. Tech. Since the AP ranking is now merely media hot air, I don't see the BCS pushing Kansas below usuc... but stranger things have happened.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2008, 07:25 PM
Yes but USC had injuries and no one else had to deal with that

yermom
1/5/2008, 07:29 PM
What was the Illini's ranking prior to playing usuc @ "home" in the Rose Bowl? At 9-3 I'm pretty sure they were below #5 Va. Tech. Since the AP ranking is now merely media hot air, I don't see the BCS pushing Kansas below usuc... but stranger things have happened.

i hate USC as much as the next guy, but i'd be very surprised if KU is above Georgia, USC or Mizzou

OKC-SLC
1/5/2008, 07:45 PM
yermom is right. you can't forget how much the media is on SUC's jock, as well.

if there's a split NC, SUC will get the other half of it. no one chooses to remember the Stanford game. they'd rather remember the complete rape administered to the Illini.

bluedogok
1/5/2008, 08:02 PM
This is how I think they might end up.

1 - LSU-tOSU winner
2 - USC
3 - Georgia
4 - LSU-tOSU loser
5 - WVU
6 - Kansas
7 - Missouri

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/5/2008, 08:17 PM
1. LSU-tOSU winner
2. LSU-tOSU loser
3. We'll just have to wait and see.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2008, 08:34 PM
This is how I think they might end up.

1 - LSU-tOSU winner
2 - USC
3 - Georgia
4 - LSU-tOSU loser
5 - WVU
6 - Kansas
7 - Missouri "

76soonergrad
1/6/2008, 01:41 AM
I like Kansas as the AP winner if LSU wins. Split. Perfect end to the season.

It's true about the media, though.

SteelClip49
1/6/2008, 02:58 AM
No way in hell a 12-1 Kansas would finish below an 11-3 LSU.

If LSU does lose, I can see them finishing around #7.

Georgia didn't do anything to deserve a final top 5 ranking. Wow, they beat a Hawaii team that simply got the reward of playing in the big bowl game.

Hell, it will be an interesting ending. I seriously hope Kansas ends up as #2 or as a co-national champion; they deserve it after their amazing run.

OSUAggie
1/6/2008, 03:09 AM

What if LSU loses in overtime? They'd still be undefeated and could earn a split with Ohio State.

arcman46
1/6/2008, 09:07 AM
KU might be #2 if LSUc loses, but more likely 4 with tOSU#1, Georgia #2, USuC #3, and KU #4.

No1Better
1/6/2008, 11:33 AM
1. LSU - 6 OT's in the final game against the buckeyes, they squeeze out a 3-0 victory with their high powered, slackjawed offense.
2. App State - they beat what turned out to be a better than average Michigan team and have a 3-peat going...
3. KU - They got it done against a top 5 opponent
4. WVa - No comment
5. Georgia - For demonstrating woodshed prowess and skill
6. Trinity - For the play of the decade against Millsaps college - New rule: 15 laterals earns you a top 10 finish
6. Wisconsin-Whitewater - For Beating Mt. Union
8. Katy High School - Only high school team to beat Southlake Carroll under Daniels' offense, they could have done it this year as well
9. SUC - Win against the Illini proved once again that SUC can get it done against any conference second place finisher
10. Mizzou - For best turnaround after a woodshed experience

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2008, 11:41 AM
1. LSU - 6 OT's in the final game against the buckeyes, they squeeze out a 3-0 victory with their high powered, slackjawed offense.
2. App State - they beat what turned out to be a better than average Michigan team and have a 3-peat going...
3. KU - They got it done against a top 5 opponent
4. WVa - No comment
5. Georgia - For demonstrating woodshed prowess and skill
6. Trinity - For the play of the decade against Millsaps college - New rule: 15 laterals earns you a top 10 finish
6. Wisconsin-Whitewater - For Beating Mt. Union
8. Katy High School - Only high school team to beat Southlake Carroll under Daniels' offense, they could have done it this year as well
9. SUC - Win against the Illini proved once again that SUC can get it done against any conference second place finisher
10. Mizzou - For best turnaround after a woodshed experience

What have you been smokin son? Appy State has 2 losses to D-1AA teams. Yea, they won 3 straight NC, but that's in D-1AA brother, which is like intramural ball at Colorado.

No1Better
1/6/2008, 11:53 AM
Then Colorado should field their intramural squads - might have turned out to be a better season for them

Fraggle145
1/6/2008, 01:16 PM

Georgia didn't do anything to deserve a final top 5 ranking. Wow, they beat a Hawaii team that simply got the reward of playing in the big bowl game.

Hell, it will be an interesting ending. I seriously hope Kansas ends up as #2 or as a co-national champion; they deserve it after their amazing run.

what are you smoking?! you honestly think the lsu ****-gobblers are going to let their preseason #2 fall below Kansas?... KANSAS?! UGA comes from the "toughest" :rolleyes: conference in america!? USC is the only team that had injuries now they are the best team EVAR!

Since when have the polls ever been about deserving anything?!

My prediction:

1. LSU/tOSU winner
2. UGA/USC
3. UGA/USC
4. LSU/tOSU loser
5. WVa
6. Kansas
7. Misery
8. VaTech
9. OU
10. Tennessee
11. Texas :eek: