PDA

View Full Version : Jarboe to OU

landrun
1/5/2008, 03:10 PM
That was nice to watch. :)

CapitolSooner
1/5/2008, 03:14 PM
The theatrics reminded me of DeMarco who's commitment a couple years ago still makes me giggle.

Anyone (i.e.- Rhino) know what this means for us landing Jameel and/or Julio?

Ground_Attack
1/5/2008, 03:16 PM
Wow, didn't see that coming

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2008, 03:16 PM
Don't really know much about him, yet, but the announcers are sure impressed.(guess we need to continue to look stoopid in bowl games, if it helps our recruiting?!?!?)
EDIT: FWIW, Scout has him rated 3 Stars.

Rhino
1/5/2008, 03:19 PM
Anyone (i.e.- Rhino) know what this means for us landing Jameel and/or Julio? Miller and Jarboe gives us two WR commits. We're looking for 1-2 more and still in on both Owens and Jones. More than likely, we get one of the two...but you never know.

SOONER STEAKER
1/5/2008, 03:27 PM
I ws looking for the OU hat but didn't see one. I figured he or his mom was hiding it. But alas, it was hidden behdn the FL hat. Good pick'up for us

The kid has some thick corn rolls doesn't he.

Come on Jameel and Julio, round out the WR class in style.

Desert Sapper
1/5/2008, 04:24 PM
Come on Jameel and Julio, round out the WR class in style.

That would be insane. Landing Jameel and Julio to go along with Josh and DeJuan. It would be the most star-studded receiver corps in our recruiting history. How that would translate on the field remains to be seen, but it looks pretty bright with the QBs in house (Sam and Keith) and newcomer Landry Jones.

Big Red Ron
1/5/2008, 05:05 PM
That would be insane. Landing Jameel and Julio to go along with Josh and DeJuan. It would be the most star-studded receiver corps in our recruiting history. How that would translate on the field remains to be seen, but it looks pretty bright with the QBs in house (Sam and Keith) and newcomer Landry Jones.Josh has a plan and it looks a bit like Leach's but with way better players. I'm pumped.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/6/2008, 01:08 AM
That would be insane. Landing Jameel and Julio to go along with Josh and DeJuan. It would be the most star-studded receiver corps in our recruiting history. How that would translate on the field remains to be seen, but it looks pretty bright with the QBs in house (Sam and Keith) and newcomer Landry Jones.

'Twould be reminiscent of Switzer RB recruiting classes in days of yorn.... :D

I'm ok with that.

Though, I'll add one lil observation which is my only concern with the class so far.... One year from now we're-a-gonna need some defensive secondary help.

Right now we are t.....h......i.....n....

soonerboy_odanorth
1/6/2008, 01:12 AM
Follow up question...

Justin Johnson has been penciled at RB and LB....

With his size and speed are we all so sure he's not gonna be our future RWB*?

* That's uhhhh... "Roy Williams Back".....;)

OklahomaTuba
1/14/2008, 12:08 PM
I'd be ok with a safety who didn't bite on play action all the time, but that's just me.

Sabanball
2/2/2008, 07:08 PM
Nice pickup by you guys. I was surprised to learn though that Mark Richt and the dawgs didn't even recruit this guy. Of course, as good as their class is, I don't think I would criticize MR's recruiting prowess.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2008, 03:27 PM
Nice pickup by you guys. I was surprised to learn though that Mark Richt and the dawgs didn't even recruit this guy. Of course, as good as their class is, I don't think I would criticize MR's recruiting prowess.Mark did and lost.

yermom
2/3/2008, 03:44 PM
'Twould be reminiscent of Switzer RB recruiting classes in days of yorn.... :D

I'm ok with that.

Though, I'll add one lil observation which is my only concern with the class so far.... One year from now we're-a-gonna need some defensive secondary help.

Right now we are t.....h......i.....n....

some of these guys might end up at DB if history teaches us anything ;)

Desert Sapper
2/3/2008, 03:49 PM
some of these guys might end up at DB if history teaches us anything ;)

I don't think we are as thin in the secondary as we have been in the times that we've had to move guys. There are a ton of guys that have been waiting for a shot at a starting job (and a couple that were very close to earning that job last spring/summer).

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 03:55 PM
As mediocre as our secondary has been I'm ready for a change and some new faces. It could be better, it could be worse, but at least it will be different.

(originally I took a shot here at secondary coach BJW, but I have decided to withold that for now:D )

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 03:59 PM
I will add here that as poorly as we've done in developing our secondary talent, I am not in favor of moving any of our WR recruits to that side of the ball. Sort of the ol' : talent is a terrible thing to waste idea.

yermom
2/3/2008, 04:04 PM
i was just thinking of Lendy and Woolfolk

but yeah, i'd rather not see that happen

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 04:06 PM
i was just thinking of Lendy and Woolfolk

but yeah, i'd rather not see that happen

Woolfolk turned out to be a good move, Lendy so far is pretty iffy.

Desert Sapper
2/3/2008, 04:34 PM
Woolfolk turned out to be a good move, Lendy so far is pretty iffy.

Lendy was doing really well at the end of '06. It just so happens that DJ found his niche as a Safety this year. That freed Reggie to go back to his natural position at corner. He should be good back at corner in '08.