Reggie Smith 3
Nic Harris 2
there were several others with 1

85sooners
1/5/2008, 01:17 PM
:cool:

stoopified
1/5/2008, 04:15 PM
Bradford is already 6th in CAREER passing,needs about 624 yards to move into 5th.IF Sam duplicates his frosh yards next year he could hump to 4th place.Currently on pace to own virtually all passing records at OU by midpoint of his junior year.I'm not saying he wull because I know what injuries did to AD after his first season but IF he stays healthy the stats will be awesome.

Socrefbek
1/5/2008, 06:21 PM
Bradford is already 6th in CAREER passing,needs about 624 yards to move into 5th.IF Sam duplicates his frosh yards next year he could hump to 4th place.Currently on pace to own virtually all passing records at OU by midpoint of his junior year.I'm not saying he wull because I know what injuries did to AD after his first season but IF he stays healthy the stats will be awesome.

[Dan Marino] Awesome ![/Dan Marino]

[Tom Brady] Won't mean crap without a National Championship[/Tom Brady]

Collier11
1/5/2008, 06:29 PM
Lofton finished with 156 tackles...

Collier11
1/5/2008, 06:30 PM
Final Stats

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2007-2008/teamcume.html

Scott D
1/5/2008, 06:32 PM
all I can find out INT stats

D.J. Wolfe had 4
Lendy Holmes 3
Curtis Lofton 3
Reggie Smith 3
Nic Harris 2
there were several others with 1

Try here (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000522int.html) click the different tabs to pull up the different stats.

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 06:46 PM
Try here (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000522int.html) click the different tabs to pull up the different stats.

cool

thanks Scott

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2008, 06:54 PM
Bob Stoops

2-4 BCS Bowls

Eielson
1/5/2008, 10:39 PM
No. I believe Stoops' stats would be 11-3, Big XII Conference Championship.

Collier11
1/5/2008, 10:42 PM
Just a note, Bradford finishes #1 in Efficiency as a RS Freshman...Hell of a start to a career!

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2008, 10:48 PM
No. I believe Stoops' stats would be 10-2, Big XII Conference Championship, and another BCS Bowl cluster*uck!

There, that's better.

devOUt
1/5/2008, 10:49 PM
Murray was clearly the best back. Even though he missed the last two games he still should have had as many carries as Patrick & Brown combined.

Eielson
1/6/2008, 02:25 PM
There, that's better.

Yeah, it's embarassing to be a Sooner fan isn't it?:rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
1/6/2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah, it's embarassing to be a Sooner fan isn't it?:rolleyes:

No, it's embarrassing to sugar coat failure.

azzbakwardz
1/7/2008, 09:46 AM

Sure it is, this team wasnt picked to beat texas, we did, werent picked to win the conference, we did, had a red shirt fresh QB on top of it, nope, we failed alright.
This team actually did way more than most OU fans thought they would do, in a big way, failure....whatever you want to call overachieving there pal, if that makes you sleep better during the day, hope it makes ya feel better.
Sure we looked bad the other night, but after all is said and done, we should be happy with the results this team laid out there as a whole considering where we were before the season started with all the questions that were out there.

usmc-sooner
1/7/2008, 10:00 AM
Sure it is, this team wasnt picked to beat texas, we did, werent picked to win the conference, we did, had a red shirt fresh QB on top of it, nope, we failed alright.
This team actually did way more than most OU fans thought they would do, in a big way, failure....whatever you want to call overachieving there pal, if that makes you sleep better during the day, hope it makes ya feel better.
Sure we looked bad the other night, but after all is said and done, we should be happy with the results this team laid out there as a whole considering where we were before the season started with all the questions that were out there.

we were favored to beat Texas

why would you be happy about a super talented team that underachieved

we had the most talent, the only reason people doubted us at first was because we had an unknown at QB, once he proved himself we considered one of the best teams in college football, by the time the B12 started we were by far the odds favorite to win it.
We were favored in every game to win.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:09 AM
START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT
06:23 3 02:49 OKLA 39 6 39 Rushing Touchdown
01:43 3 01:23 WVU 25 3 75 Rushing Touchdown
13:21 4 00:19 WVU 21 1 79 Passing Touchdown
10:20 4 00:59 WVU 30 2 70 Rushing Touchdown
These are the stats that stick out most in my mind.:(

224 yards in 6 consecutive plays

usmc-sooner
1/7/2008, 10:18 AM

those last two made me wanna cry

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 10:19 AM

and 3 TDs:(

Desert Sapper
1/7/2008, 01:03 PM
Sam also had 36 TDs to only 8 INTs (1 coming in the final game).

As for D stats:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2007-2008/teamcume.html#TEAM.DEF

GoState
1/7/2008, 01:09 PM
I was really surprised to see how little Chaney was used during the regular season (stats HERE (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=522&player=84)). He was a monster in the bowl. Why doesn't he play more?

Desert Sapper
1/7/2008, 01:14 PM
I was really surprised to see how little Chaney was used during the regular season (stats HERE (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=522&player=84)). He was a monster in the bowl. Why doesn't he play more?

Malcolm Kelly.

Pigface1
1/7/2008, 01:36 PM
Kelly and Gresham's numbers could have been twice what they were.

azzbakwardz
1/7/2008, 01:47 PM
we were favored to beat Texas

why would you be happy about a super talented team that underachieved

we had the most talent, the only reason people doubted us at first was because we had an unknown at QB, once he proved himself we considered one of the best teams in college football, by the time the B12 started we were by far the odds favorite to win it.
We were favored in every game to win.

Okay fine, lapse on my part about texs.....give you that

I agree, I think we underachieved in two games, then embarrassed in the bowl, not happy about it at all, dont get me wrong here, but overall big picture.....good year when taken as a whole, and it should be dont you agree?

Collier11
1/7/2008, 01:49 PM
Kelly and Gresham's numbers could have been twice what they were.

Didnt all of Kellys Td's come in the first 7 games or so???

Eielson
1/7/2008, 04:22 PM

Well that's good to know that we can fail and have what 90% of the NCAA would call a dream season.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 04:26 PM

I think you are mistaking failure with greed...

its one thing to have a disappointing season do to the fact that we missed out on a MNC because of injury then got whipped by WV, its another to call a 11 win season where we won our division, our conference, beat our two main rivals, and went to our 6th BCS game in 8 years a failure. If that is failure to you then you are out of touch with reality!

usmc-sooner
1/7/2008, 04:39 PM
Okay fine, lapse on my part about texs.....give you that

I agree, I think we underachieved in two games, then embarrassed in the bowl, not happy about it at all, dont get me wrong here, but overall big picture.....good year when taken as a whole, and it should be dont you agree?

I agree somewhat but also disappointing because of the potential to play great that we saw in some games and the abysmal performances in others. I think what is disappointing the most is the way it happens over and over again.

I think that people are disappointed because we had the players and coaches to win it all and just had some games where you go WTF was that.

Good year yes I agree we won the B12, but not great when you pull 3 choke jobs.

KC//CRIMSON
1/7/2008, 08:37 PM
I think you are mistaking failure with greed...

its one thing to have a disappointing season do to the fact that we missed out on a MNC because of injury then got whipped by WV, its another to call a 11 win season where we won our division, our conference, beat our two main rivals, and went to our 6th BCS game in 8 years a failure. If that is failure to you then you are out of touch with reality!

I'm sorry Collier. What part of 48-28/526 yards against your defense/getting *ss raped by an interim coach were you impressed with? Cause that's what were talking about here. (I'll spare you the cluster*uck in Boulder)

We're batting under .500 in BCS bowl games/total bowl games. That's reality.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry Collier. What part of 48-28/526 yards against your defense/getting *ss raped by an interim coach were you impressed with? Cause that's what were talking about here. (I'll spare you the cluster*uck in Boulder)

im pretty sure that I said I was disappointed with the way the season turned out, especially after we had chances to play for it all, im also pretty sure that if you look at other posts of mine I said the Fiesta Bowl was embarrassing.

That still doesnt take away from the facts of everything, if you base the success or failure of every season on the victory in a bowl game then I dont agree. Disappointing yes, maddening yes, boggling at times how we were so bad against subpar teams and a team we should have beaten in WV...Hell Yes, failure...Not IMHO!

Collier11
1/7/2008, 09:14 PM
The fact of the matter is we still had a Freshman qb who just happened to be really good out of nowhere, we still had no depth on the DL and LB, and we were without Lendy, Reggie, Granger, and MK in the bowl game

Collier11
1/7/2008, 09:15 PM
Having said all that, if we go 11-3 next year and everyone comes back I will be extremely disappointed and I will likely consider it a failure because if we go 11-3 next year that means Stoops has just refused to evolve, but we arent there yet

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 09:17 PM
Having said all that, if we go 11-3 next year and everyone comes back I will be extremely disappointed and I will likely consider it a failure because if we go 11-3 next year that means Stoops has just refused to evolve, but we arent there yet
The specific record isn't the problem with me. It's how we lose the games we lose. If we had the same record and only lost nail biters to ranked teams, I'd have a totally different outlook on it.

Collier11
1/7/2008, 09:22 PM
The specific record isn't the problem with me. It's how we lose the games we lose. If we had the same record and only lost nail biters to ranked teams, I'd have a totally different outlook on it.

I agree to that extent, I consider the Fiesta bowl a complete failure, I consider the season a very big disappointment based on where we would be right now if we had beaten tech or colorado

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2008, 09:24 PM
I agree to that extent, I consider the Fiesta bowl a complete failure, I consider the season a very big disappointment based on where we would be right now if we had beaten tech or colorado
What.......getting beaten for all the marbles?

Collier11
1/7/2008, 09:28 PM
What.......getting beaten for all the marbles?

ha ha, I dont know. If we showed up like against WV then oh yea, but I think we match up pretty well against these teams...but, I also thought that last week as well :confused:

Eielson
1/8/2008, 09:03 PM

Get over it.

KC//CRIMSON
1/8/2008, 09:07 PM
Get over it.

Ok, Dad.

Eielson
1/8/2008, 10:01 PM
Ok, Dad.

Thanks for cooperating, son.

goingoneight
1/8/2008, 11:57 PM

Chaney usually shows up big unexpectedly. When you're clinching your fists thinking he's going to tip or drop, he makes a big play. When he's wide open or gets a perfect ball, he tips it up for grabs in the secondary, drops it, fumbles and isn't a consistent downfield blocker. I say this as an old friend of the Chaney family, he's still developing. Slowly but surely, he's salvaged his career and looks like he might be a good senior for us next year.

Redgiant2
1/9/2008, 12:39 AM

I'll save you the time and effort thinking and wondering. Bob won't evolve because he will have had 5 years to get the defense up and running with Venables and considering he hasn't done it in 4, one more isn't going to make a difference. People forget that but for a short armed pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone Blowout Bob would be 0-5 in bowl games since Mike left. Start the heartache now and get it over with because it's going to happen again.

59th in pass defense for a total of 3193 yards
17th in rush defense for a total of 1544 yards
26th in total defense
19th in scoring defense
13th in 3rd down defense
77th in 4th down defense at 18 attempts and 10 conversions

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 12:43 AM
your posting hasn't improved either

Redgiant2
1/9/2008, 12:52 AM
your posting hasn't improved either

And neither has your sense of humor.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 12:55 AM
And neither has your sense of humor.
wait till you see that zinger in the other thread.

Redgiant2
1/9/2008, 12:57 AM
wait till you see that zinger in the other thread.

Boy howdy, phew. Man you are one quick witted dude alright. I must bow to your superior rapier like whit. Good job and stuff. Your father will be proud!!

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 01:02 AM
You're a mouth breather, aren't you?

KC//CRIMSON
1/9/2008, 01:21 AM
You're a mouth breather, aren't you?

sanantoniosoner.........you need some RnR dude.:)

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 01:22 AM
sanantoniosoner.........you need some RnR dude.:)
nah......I'm smiling as I type.

I get the impression that you have a map with good vantage points for shooting circled.;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/9/2008, 01:29 AM
nah......I'm smiling as I type.

I get the impression that you have a map with good vantage points for shooting circled.;)

It wouldn't be fair to shoot at people with their head in the sand.:D

Desert Sapper
1/9/2008, 10:49 AM
59th in pass defense for a total of 3193 yards
17th in rush defense for a total of 1544 yards
26th in total defense
19th in scoring defense
13th in 3rd down defense
77th in 4th down defense at 18 attempts and 10 conversions

Can't argue with that.

OU's Official NCAA Stats (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000522.HTML):eek:

Thing is, we would have finished pretty well, statistically speaking, if we didn't fall flat on our face in that one ***-kicking stretch of the Fiesta Bowl. How does a team do so well at defending the WV spread to doing so poorly in such a short period?

Theskipster
1/9/2008, 11:13 AM
How does a team do so well at defending the WV spread to doing so poorly in such a short period?

Same way it fell apart at Colorado. The players knew the game was failing apart and they got over excited, left their discipline, and began trying to do too much.

HopeSpringsEternal
1/9/2008, 02:32 PM
Yes the stats are hard to argue with, but most on here will go ahead and do so. It's an I'm OK you're OK attitude. Those guys were shaky from the start and Vulnerables probably hit the panic button on a couple of plays and it was all down hill from there. One more give up game for the Sooners and Blowout Bob.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 02:36 PM
I bet you don't make it to 30 posts.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2008, 02:44 PM
I bet you don't make it to 30 posts.

you've got high hopes for the noob

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2008, 02:47 PM
you've got high hopes for the noob
I would have said 20, but he could sneak a few before Dean catches him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2008, 02:54 PM
I would have said 20, but he could sneak a few before Dean catches him.

Dude I m reading your posts today and your on FIRE! at least thats what Will Perdue told me

HopeSpringsEternal
1/9/2008, 02:56 PM
Dude, you're even funnier today. What a sense of humor you have. You do this for a living right??? OK, Eddie have a nice day.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/9/2008, 03:11 PM
Actually his name is Monte

Collier11
1/9/2008, 03:16 PM
Since it hasnt necessarily come up directly yet, does anyone seriously think we may see this next year: Head Coach/Co Def Coordinator Bob Stoops?