PDA

View Full Version : Day Trips

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 02:56 AM
A friend of mine and I were discussing this idea that I've had for awhile.

Basically, I want to start taking little day trips to various cities around the country that I've never visited. The plan would be to get a VERY early morning flight to the target city, spend the entire day looking around the city, and then jump on a plane and head home.

It is probably a stupid idea, but I think it sounds like a great deal of fun.

Mjcpr
1/5/2008, 03:01 AM
The first thing you'll want to do is get a job in order to pay for it....

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 03:04 AM
lol

SoonerGirl06
1/5/2008, 03:11 AM
Actually that sounds like a totally cool idea.

I would do it.

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 04:51 AM
Iffen you come to Wister
ya aint going back that same day !;) :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

GottaHavePride
1/5/2008, 12:12 PM
I would at least make weekends of it if I was going to do that. Head out Friday night, go back Sunday evening.

mdklatt
1/5/2008, 12:18 PM
The plan would be to get a VERY early morning flight to the target city, spend the entire day looking around the city, and then jump on a plane and head home.

You are vastly overestimating the efficacy of the airline industry.

SoonerGirl06
1/5/2008, 12:30 PM
We used to take roadtrips all the time back in highschool and the few years after.

On Friday nights my friends and I would order pizza from Little Caesers, get some sodas and hit the road.

It may sound cheesy to some, but it was a blast to just hang out with my friends, drive to someplace different, listen to some great rock-n-roll and carry on some of the whackiest conversations. Great memories.

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 12:32 PM
when I was younger we had back road trips where drove around in the country drinking beer.

Mongo
1/5/2008, 12:34 PM
when I was younger we had back road trips where drove around in the country drinking beer.

same here, we also had 12 guages to bust up them pesky road signs:D

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 12:52 PM
same here, we also had 12 guages to bust up them pesky road signs:D

me and you a case of beer two shotguns, look out Noman it's like fish in a barrell.

speaking of a case of beer, shotguns and riding around in the country, ;)
I know some other games we can play. srsly pm if your interested. :D

Mongo
1/5/2008, 12:53 PM
I know some other games we can play. srsly pm if your interested. :D

I fell for that trap with Howzit, I didnt like the game he wanted to play

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 12:59 PM
I fell for that trap with Howzit, I didnt like the game he wanted to play

Look-around tell me what you see.
What's a-happenin' to you and me?
God grant me the serenity
to jus' remember who I am.

'cause you've given-up your sanity
for your pride and your vanity,
turn your back on humanity;
Oh and you don't give a da da da da da.

La, da, da da, da-da da;
La, da, da da, da-da de...
talkin' 'bout you-n-me
and the games people play--now.

Ike
1/5/2008, 01:00 PM
Got a good reason for taking the easy way out?

yermom
1/5/2008, 01:13 PM
she probably did only take him half the way there

Lott's Bandana
1/5/2008, 02:33 PM
Hard to do from Waco. Start out west where airline delays are less. Try Phoenix first, San Diego, Albuquerque...cities with central, in town airports. I have done this for years. Flying to Houston next weekend. Seattle is best but takes an entire weekend. Forget the east in summer...to many thunderstorm delays.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 02:37 PM
Hard to do from Waco. Start out west where airline delays are less. Try Phoenix first, San Diego, Albuquerque...cities with central, in town airports. I have done this for years. Flying to Houston next weekend. Seattle is best but takes an entire weekend. Forget the east in summer...to many thunderstorm delays.

I'd fly out of DFW or Love.

M
1/5/2008, 03:17 PM
I think that's a lot of money to spend on a plane ticket if you're just going to spend a few hours there.

OUinFLA
1/5/2008, 03:24 PM
I think that's a lot of money to spend on a plane ticket if you're just going to spend a few hours there.

He's got to do something with the proceeds of those missing campaign funds from a few years back. Stuffing them in the mattress has only seen their value erode over the past few years

SanJoaquinSooner
1/5/2008, 04:42 PM
Got a good reason for taking the easy way out?

It took me so long to find out.

Flagstaffsooner
1/5/2008, 07:40 PM
I'd fly out of Love.You do that alot.;)

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 07:50 PM
It took me so long to find out.
But I found out !:cool:

StoopTroup
1/5/2008, 08:01 PM
What's Love got to do with it.

Ike
1/5/2008, 10:18 PM
SicEm's probably a sunday driver, yeah.

Whet
1/5/2008, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't plan on flying to any northern cities, at least during winter, or you may freeze your nads off as you wander around for a few hours..... Otherwise, a nice trip to O'Hare or Midway, with the EL downtown, would be a good trip - but I would recommend an overnight trip to see more stuff.

proud gonzo
1/6/2008, 09:44 PM
I think that's a lot of money to spend on a plane ticket if you're just going to spend a few hours there.yeah, that sounds pretty dumb to me. If you're only going to be there for a few hours, why bother going? It's not as if you can actually see enough of the city in that time anyway. 2-3 hour flight, eat, wander around, see maybe one or two places, eat again, and fly home.