PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour All-Star Game or U.S. Army All-American Game?

oupride
1/4/2008, 09:55 PM
I won't be near a tv on Saturday and will have to record one of these. I was ASTONISHED to find out they are being played almost simultaneously! U.S. Army All-American(NBC) at noon and Under Armour All-Star(ABC) at 1pm. So as a Sooner fan which one should I choose to see our possible future commits?

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 10:01 PM
I can't watch either there is a beer bottle lodged in my T.V. Screen

seriously though we've got commits in both but I'd go with the Army one.

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 10:01 PM
double post

I'm excited about some of our recruits.

oupride
1/4/2008, 10:07 PM
If this is a double post, please merge Mr. Moderator. Boomer Sooner!

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 10:34 PM
If this is a double post, please merge Mr. Moderator. Boomer Sooner!

no, I posted the same reply twice. My bad not yours

adoniijahsooner
1/4/2008, 11:24 PM
I am recording both

OU-HSV
1/5/2008, 12:10 AM
I believe the one that's on ABC (the espn one) is the best one to record. We have I think 3 or 4 commits in it. Including Landry Jones. That's the one I'm recording cause I'll be out golfing.

OU-HSV
1/5/2008, 12:15 AM
I just looked at the site for the Army All American game as well. There's a few OU commits in it. As well as Jameel Owens (the Muskogee WR that we're trying to land)

oupride
1/5/2008, 09:14 AM
Which game do you expect any suprise commits?

OU-HSV
1/6/2008, 09:15 AM
Which game do you expect any suprise commits?
I just watched my DVR of the ESPN Under Armour game and a WR Josh Jarboe gave OU his commitment during the game.

SOONER STEAKER
1/6/2008, 11:28 AM
Owens didn't impress. Kinda looked slow. He doesnt have the body of a WR does he? Looks more like a defensive player.

KingDavid
1/6/2008, 01:56 PM
Any links to summarize the games? I couldn't find any.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/6/2008, 03:27 PM
I just watched my DVR of the ESPN Under Armour game and a WR Josh Jarboe gave OU his commitment during the game.

The way he did it was freaking hilarious...that is if you are an OU fan. He had an LSU, Georgia and Florida hat on the table in front of him but underneath the Florida hat was an OU hat.

Now if I were a Florida fan I'd be ****ed.

Jarboe's stock has gone up a lot this week as well. I think ESPN had him as high as the #3 WR. I think Owens would be a good get but....Julio Jones is hands down the best talent in the game. Big, fast and an animal after the catch.

I have heard that Jones was palling around with Landry Jones and Calhoun this week. Hopefully that is the case and we can land him. If you buy into the ESPN ratings (which I do always take with a grain of salt) we currently have committments from the #1 RB, the #3 QB and the #3 WR in the country with a chance at landing the #1 WR (#1 player overall).

OU-HSV
1/6/2008, 05:50 PM
Owens didn't impress. Kinda looked slow. He doesnt have the body of a WR does he? Looks more like a defensive player.
I wasn't over impressed with him at the B.A. vs. Muskogee game this past season either. I was expecting to see some big plays, but it never seemed like I saw much from him in that particular game. Maybe in high school he just plays hot and cold from week to week

jccouger
1/6/2008, 07:26 PM
Have stats been posted anywhere?

birddog
1/6/2008, 07:47 PM

some national yahoos were saying that owens has a bad hamstring and he wasn't even expected to play. so that may have been the problem.

having said that, i saw him play against guthrie and he didn't do squat.

and having said that, it was the only time i saw him play. :D