PDA

View Full Version : PREDICTION: A more boring offseason on Soonerfans than usual!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2008, 08:33 PM
Due primarily to the blue funk caused by our mysterious no-shows at approximately 1/3 of our football games. A strong recruiting class next month will change the prediction somewhat. Anything less than an excellent class will not perk us up.

OUinFLA
1/4/2008, 10:47 PM
well, there is the Presidential election to talk about.

:D

85sooners
1/4/2008, 11:02 PM
:twinkies:

GottaHavePride
1/4/2008, 11:28 PM
Really it was more like 1/5 of our games. 3 out of 14.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. It's not an offseason until someone melts down and gets banned. [looks at OU4LIFE]

;)

Soonerus
1/4/2008, 11:57 PM
banned ???? what does that mean ????

Edmond Sooner
1/5/2008, 12:06 AM

:D

Yep. The primaries themselves are already shaping up to be quite interesting. :)

yermom
1/5/2008, 12:59 AM
the off-seasons bring more drama than the football season :D

this being an election year makes it even worse

1/5/2008, 01:03 AM
Really it was more like 1/5 of our games. 3 out of 14.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it. It's not an offseason until someone melts down and gets banned. [looks at OU4LIFE]

;)Let's see! I count Colorado, Texas Tech, Iowa State(even though we eeked it out), and TGWWDND #2. Four games out of 14 = nearly 30%

1/5/2008, 01:07 AM

:DAAARRRRRRGH! I'm already tired of the campaign, and certainly not very excited about any of those who might actually be contenders.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/5/2008, 01:32 AM
Anyone geeked up over NFL wild-card weekend yet?

pott_2
1/5/2008, 03:04 AM
Due primarily to the blue funk caused by our mysterious no-shows at approximately 1/3 of our football games. A strong recruiting class next month will change the prediction somewhat. Anything less than an excellent class will not perk us up.

Offseason< alcoholism

tulsaoilerfan
1/5/2008, 04:23 AM
Anyone geeked up over NFL wild-card weekend yet?
No, no interest until next weekend for me

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2008, 04:50 AM
No interest until college football starts up again. The other leagues mean nothing other than me hoping our former players do well, become stars, and make a load of money or at leat enough to support their families until they fall back on what I hope is a useful degree from OU.

swardboy
1/5/2008, 09:45 AM
If only Minnesota had a real qb, this might have been an interesting place through January.....and possibly a coach whose head wasn't up his ***.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2008, 11:24 AM
Mostly just sifting through post by people who have never coached football telling us that Venables, Wright, Wilson, Etc Al aren't great coaches, plus about two threads an hour talking about what if Leach, Mangino, Mikey Stoops, Bo Pellini hadn't invented the sliced bread and brought so much peace to the world. Not to mention the same people bitching about Venables and Wilson are the same ones that said Mangino was too predictable, Mike Stoops gives up too many big plays, and Bo Pellini was unfortunately not born Mike Stoops.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2008, 11:30 AM
Mostly just sifting through post by people who have never coached football telling us that Venables, Wright, Wilson, Etc Al aren't great coaches, plus about two threads an hour talking about what if Leach, Mangino, Mikey Stoops, Bo Pellini hadn't invented the sliced bread and brought so much peace to the world. Not to mention the same people bitching about Venables and Wilson are the same ones that said Mangino was too predictable, Mike Stoops gives up too many big plays, and Bo Pellini was unfortunately not born Mike Stoops.

Thats beautiful right there.

mdklatt
1/5/2008, 12:02 PM
Even with our poor showing, I wouldn't be surprised to see us favored to lose the MNC game when the preseason polls come out.

;)

NYC Poke
1/5/2008, 12:05 PM

No way this could ever happen.