PDA

View Full Version : How do you go about finding a good lawyer

HskrGrl
1/4/2008, 08:20 PM
We might be in the need of a really good contract lawyer in the very near future. I've never had to use a lawyer before, though, so I have no clue how to find a good one. I could look up "contract lawyer" in the yellow pages and get probably 2 full pages of them but that doesn't tell me anything. Is there a way to find out cases a lawyer has won and about how much money they charge without having to go through and call every single one of them? If we do this we would be going against a VERY large company so we would need someone who really knew what they were doing. I'm in Seattle... I don't know if that makes a difference.

olevetonahill
1/4/2008, 08:25 PM
We might be in the need of a really good contract lawyer in the very near future. I've never had to use a lawyer before, though, so I have no clue how to find a good one. I could look up "contract lawyer" in the yellow pages and get probably 2 full pages of them but that doesn't tell me anything. Is there a way to find out cases a lawyer has won and about how much money they charge without having to go through and call every single one of them? If we do this we would be going against a VERY large company so we would need someone who really knew what they were doing. I'm in Seattle... I don't know if that makes a difference.
Go to the Court clerks office , Hang and visit a few days , just a lil a day then ask for 3 recomends from one of the clerks .
Guernty they know the Hotshots .

GottaHavePride
1/4/2008, 08:44 PM
If you know a good lawyer in another field (not contract law) ask them who they think are the top contract lawyers around town. Lawyers know other lawyers. Just don't mention anything about why you're interested.

FirstandGoal
1/4/2008, 09:25 PM
If you know a good lawyer in another field (not contract law) ask them who they think are the top contract lawyers around town. Lawyers know other lawyers. Just don't mention anything about why you're interested.

This is the way I would go as well. My BIL's best friend is a corporate tax attorney and he was able to recommend a wonderful divorce attorney and he also has recommended me to someone else for another thing I have going on currently

Soonerus
1/4/2008, 11:27 PM
The best way to find a good attorney in any particular area is to ask another attorney who knows attorneys in the area, really just like any other profession...not courthouse staff, certainly on a business issue...

Newbomb Turk
1/4/2008, 11:31 PM
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but if you know any lawyer (any field), ask them if they can recommend a good contract lawyer.

YWIA.

HskrGrl
1/5/2008, 01:37 AM
Part of the problem is we have only been up here for around 8 months so we really don't know a whole lot of people yet and none of the people that we do know are lawyers. I guess that could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. :P

Just a little bit ago I found a website that has a number to call for a "Lawyer Referral Service" in our county.

OCUDad
1/5/2008, 01:38 AM
Follow the nearest ambulance.

Soonerus
1/5/2008, 01:39 AM
You need an attorney in your area, email/pm me if you need one and I can make a good recommendation to you...

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 02:31 AM
You need an attorney in your area, email/pm me if you need one and I can make a good recommendation to you...
You sharp as a Bowling Ball bro
You Recomend to Me My 1st Ex wifesbitch laweyer
U go gurl !
:P

Soonerus
1/5/2008, 02:42 AM
You sharp as a Bowling Ball bro
You Recomend to Me My 1st Ex wifesbitch laweyer
U go gurl !
:P

Of course I did not realize you had used every attorney in the county at one time or another...

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 02:43 AM
Of course I did not realize you had used every attorney in the county at one time or another...
I didnt
But My exes Did !:P

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 02:54 AM
I didnt
But My exes Did !:P
The trick is to consult every good attorney in the area before she can to prevent them from representing her. Leave the wench with some fresh out of law school twit.

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 02:57 AM
The trick is to consult every good attorney in the area before she can to prevent them from representing her. Leave the wench with some fresh out of law school twit.
Naw I jUST TOLS THE yAINCH WHATBSHE WAS GETTIN
If she wanted to give the Idiot Over 1/2 then Shes Stoopid
Or she can take the Bucks Im Offerin anbd go the fukaway !
That worked .;)

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 03:03 AM
Naw I jUST TOLS THE yAINCH WHATBSHE WAS GETTIN
If she wanted to give the Idiot Over 1/2 then Shes Stoopid
Or she can take the Bucks Im Offerin anbd go the fukaway !
That worked .;)

I bet you're a peach to live with. :D

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 04:48 AM
I bet you're a peach to live with. :D
I wont be as Gentle wit you as Lid is;)
Really the Chick coulda stayed and had Life good or she could runned off whit the schawnns dude
She Runned off, she took What I offered ;)

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2008, 05:03 AM
I wont be as Gentle wit you as Lid is;)
Really the Chick coulda stayed and had Life good or she could runned off whit the schawnns dude
She Runned off, she took What I offered ;)

Aside from recreational pursuits, women are pointless creatures. You're better off sending them on their way at the end of the night.

olevetonahill
1/5/2008, 05:37 AM
Aside from recreational pursuits, women are pointless creatures. You're better off sending them on their way at the end of the night.
Like youve evar had one to send away at end of the Nite
Or hell the begining of the nite ;) :D :P

SoonerGirl06
1/5/2008, 11:33 AM

SicEm- at the rate your going with comments like this, you're gonna need extra insurance for that carpal tunnel your sure to develop.

HskrGrl
1/5/2008, 01:14 PM

Your mom must be proud. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
1/5/2008, 01:17 PM
NASA has been hunting for a GOOD lawyer for quite some time now ;)