PDA

View Full Version : One question I have

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 06:43 PM
not a fire anyone type of question but why did we keep pulling AP out of the game? He seemed like our only offensive spark in the first half. He had 14 carries for 81 yards compared to 16 for 50 for C.Brown. It seemed like we had finally gotten away from giving the backs 13 to 14 carries a game.

Curly Bill
1/4/2008, 07:14 PM
Maybe we were thinking of putting him in on defense? ;)

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe we were thinking of putting him in on defense? ;)

he might have made a tackle and that would've gone against our defensive philosophy.

Curly Bill
1/4/2008, 07:21 PM
he might have made a tackle and that would've gone against our defensive philosophy.

Nuff said!

devOUt
1/4/2008, 07:23 PM
Gundy has been playing musical chairs with the RBs all season. I can't think of any good reasons why.

usmc-sooner
1/4/2008, 07:25 PM
Gundy has been playing musical chairs with the RBs all season. I can't think of any good reasons why.

well I can think of at least 3 guys who should have veto power over Gundy, it's bugged me all year long.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2008, 08:57 PM
CB looked to be a full step slower than AP the other night.

OUmillenium
1/4/2008, 09:07 PM
I agree with all of the above!

Crucifax Autumn
1/5/2008, 04:41 AM
I think they were still stuck in rotation mode from how the rest of the season worked...defference here was without Demarco the changeup wasn't nearly the changeup it had been. Perhaps they shoulda been rotating Chris and Allen along with Madu...I dunno. We needed Demarco and his shiftiness, speed, and leaping!

stoopified
1/5/2008, 10:35 AM
he might have made a tackle and that would've gone against our defensive philosophy.You mean we were NOT supposed to be playing two-handed touch? :D All this time I thought WV CHEATED by not stopping after being TOUCHED.

tulsaoilerfan
1/5/2008, 11:16 AM
I know the game was long over, but Madu looked good on the carries he got at the end; maybe he should have gotten a look earlier in the game because nothing else was working

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 12:07 PM
I know the game was long over, but Madu looked good on the carries he got at the end; maybe he should have gotten a look earlier in the game because nothing else was working

Patrick was working he was averaging 6 yards a carry and 2 long runs, although one was a KO return.

cvsooner
1/5/2008, 01:59 PM
Patrick also was having a really hard time picking up those early blitzes. Three of the first four pass plays---his missed block led to the sack, blocked pass and the fumble.

yermom
1/5/2008, 02:05 PM
why were we running with 13:00 left in the game anyway?