PDA

View Full Version : Have I ever mentioned...

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 03:03 PM
That double posts succ almost as bad as people in Texas?

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 03:03 PM
that I absolutely H-A-T-E my job? Well, not so much the actual job, just the people...For whatever reason, my supervisor and manager both decided about 4 months ago that I have apparently completely forgotten how to do my job...Everytime I am asked to do something, one of them will come to my desk and explain (pretty much step-by-step) how it needs to be done - as if I had never done it before. As mentioned before, the supervisor likes to try and use big words to make him sound smart (or to try and make us look dumb and feed his superior attitude), and then when he gets finished explaining it in big words, he will go back and dumb it down for us - basically telling us everything he had just said, just not using big words. One day we needed some new accounts set up with a fund company (something I had done numerous times before he ever even started working here), and he came to my desk to let me know about it...Took him 15 minutes to basically tell me "we need a cash account and a reinvest account set up for each of these funds"...After he tells me this (using his big fancy manager speak trying to confuse me), he then states "I'll come back in a few minutes and put it in laymans terms for you" :mad: I damn near punched him in the back of his head...

And now, there is this one dumba** woman in Houston that has decided the rules for trading do not apply to her. We have cutoff times set up for every money market fund that we trade (depending on the fund closing time and our schedules) - the last cutoff time being 3:00 PM Central. For the past 2 months she has sent a manual purchase or sell request around 3:15 (which puts me in a rush because I have end of day balancing that has to be finished)...After having her do this nearly every day for the last 2 months, I kindly reminded her that generally the cut off time for trading on these funds is 3, and exceptions should only be made in emergency situations. Seems as though she didn't like that too much. Today she emailed my supervisor a spreadsheet she received from Goldman Sachs showing the fund closing times for all of our funds (these particular funds close at 4, but like I said, I have several other things to do between 3 and 4 that makes catering to her a lot of trouble)...

All in all, my job sucks, my managers suck, and people in Texas SUCK.

crawfish
1/4/2008, 03:05 PM
Wow. Deja vu!

You may have mentioned this before...

sooner_born_1960
1/4/2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah, about two minutes ago.

Miko
1/4/2008, 03:09 PM
but how are the office parties? :D

crawfish
1/4/2008, 03:12 PM
Wow, deja vu.

jeremy885
1/4/2008, 03:13 PM
This song gets me through my work day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pNCR3xubgU

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 03:18 PM
Can a mod merge these? How the **** did I manage to post this twice?

Miko
1/4/2008, 03:19 PM
I dunno if you mentioned it, but there is a lot of that going around.

jeremy885
1/4/2008, 03:19 PM
And you wonder why your coworkers have to explain everything step by step ;)

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 03:20 PM
I call people like them Slinkies.

Because the thought of watching them fall down a flight of stairs brings a smile to my face.

mdklatt
1/4/2008, 03:22 PM
Everytime I am asked to do something, one of them will come to my desk and explain (pretty much step-by-step) how it needs to be done - as if I had never done it before.

Did you get that memo?

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 03:22 PM
Dammit! My first post isn't going to make any sense now that you've gone and done edit your original post.

soonerhubs
1/4/2008, 04:09 PM
Just say to him, "Your condescending colloquialisms and pedantic vernacular are unappreciated, socially inept, and ignorant." Then tell him to go **** off. ;)

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 04:27 PM
Just say to him, "Your condescending colloquialisms and pedantic vernacular are unappreciated, socially inept, and ignorant." Then tell him to go **** off. ;)
I'm sorry, I am afraid I don't know what any of that means :rolleyes:

;)

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 04:28 PM
Dammit! My first post isn't going to make any sense now that you've gone and done edit your original post.
The copy of the original is in another thread...Just copy and paste it into that thread...:D

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 04:32 PM

Because the thought of watching them fall down a flight of stairs brings a smile to my face.

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 04:51 PM

Speaking of which...I need to go ahead and delete the entire original post of this thread :D

;)

Boarder
1/4/2008, 05:06 PM
Well, that should pretty well confuse everyone.

sooner_born_1960
1/4/2008, 05:14 PM
that I absolutely H-A-T-E my job? Well, not so much the actual job, just the people...For whatever reason, my supervisor and manager both decided about 4 months ago that I have apparently completely forgotten how to do my job...Everytime I am asked to do something, one of them will come to my desk and explain (pretty much step-by-step) how it needs to be done - as if I had never done it before. As mentioned before, the supervisor likes to try and use big words to make him sound smart (or to try and make us look dumb and feed his superior attitude), and then when he gets finished explaining it in big words, he will go back and dumb it down for us - basically telling us everything he had just said, just not using big words. One day we needed some new accounts set up with a fund company (something I had done numerous times before he ever even started working here), and he came to my desk to let me know about it...Took him 15 minutes to basically tell me "we need a cash account and a reinvest account set up for each of these funds"...After he tells me this (using his big fancy manager speak trying to confuse me), he then states "I'll come back in a few minutes and put it in laymans terms for you" :mad: I damn near punched him in the back of his head...

And now, there is this one dumba** woman in Houston that has decided the rules for trading do not apply to her. We have cutoff times set up for every money market fund that we trade (depending on the fund closing time and our schedules) - the last cutoff time being 3:00 PM Central. For the past 2 months she has sent a manual purchase or sell request around 3:15 (which puts me in a rush because I have end of day balancing that has to be finished)...After having her do this nearly every day for the last 2 months, I kindly reminded her that generally the cut off time for trading on these funds is 3, and exceptions should only be made in emergency situations. Seems as though she didn't like that too much. Today she emailed my supervisor a spreadsheet she received from Goldman Sachs showing the fund closing times for all of our funds (these particular funds close at 4, but like I said, I have several other things to do between 3 and 4 that makes catering to her a lot of trouble)...

All in all, my job sucks, my managers suck, and people in Texas SUCK.
I'm quoting this one in case you decide to delete it also.

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 05:17 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I have sent my resume in for 3 other positions at another bank here in town...surely I can get at least 1 interview out of that...

Osce0la
1/4/2008, 05:19 PM
You didn't actually quote the original post though...The original original post is now at the top...You quoted the second post. :D

sooner_born_1960
1/4/2008, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure you or I know which was the original. I responded to the one crawfish responded to. Which was first? I dunno.

OCUDad
1/4/2008, 08:04 PM
You didn't actually quote the original post though...The original original post is now at the top...You quoted the second post. :DWelcome to the Old Farts Clique, where double-posting is expected.