PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not freaking out (besides the obvious fact that I'm the King of Cool)

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2008, 02:33 PM
Look...

West Virginia was a healthy Pat White against Pitt away from being in the national title game. That means they were pretty darn good.

We were short three player on defense (Granger, Smith, and Holmes) and had another gimpy (English)

Our most dangerous receiver (Kelly) and runner (Murray) were out.

Thus, we were going at arguably the second or third best team in the country without a lot of bullets in the holster.

Had WVU beaten us 48-28 with those five guys and a healthy English in there, I'd be worried.

As it stands, the main problems I saw were (1) the penalties, (2) our running backs being unable to block, and (3) Stoops making the second most boneheaded decision of his career with the onside kick (bonehead decision #1 will always be the decision to elevate Rhett Bomar over Paul Thompson in 2005 after just one game).

All of these threads about Stoops going and coordinators being replaced...ridiculous. The only changes that should be made are at DE coach because we haven't had a consistent pass rush since BJW was moved to secondary coach, and secondary coach where BJW isn't at his best.

Move BJW back to DE coach, fire Wilson, and hire a secondary coach.

Easy.

MextheBulldog
1/4/2008, 02:40 PM
You say - 'coordinators being replaced...ridiculous'....then say 'fire Wilson'?

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2008, 02:43 PM
Chris Wilson, the DE coach.

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 02:48 PM
That's SO WRONG!
You are not the King of Cool.

sheesh :rolleyes: