PDA

View Full Version : So, if LSU beats tOSU...

76soonergrad
1/4/2008, 11:52 AM
....do you think the AP trophy will go to Kansas?

OUmillenium
1/4/2008, 12:44 PM
no

Snrfn4ever08
1/4/2008, 12:53 PM
Do I think it will? No. Do I think it should? No. Let's just go with evidence from simple head to head matchups. Missouri beats Kansas. We beat Mizzou by 21 in the CCG. We go to the Fiesta Bowl and get smashed by WVU to the tune of 20. Now, with that said, does anybody really think Kansas should be ahead of WVU, let alone the winner of the BCS championship?

Fraggle145
1/4/2008, 01:15 PM
No.

NYC Poke
1/4/2008, 01:19 PM
No, but they are at least as "deserving" of one as USC, and I'm assuming this thread is in response to the idiot pundits who suggested a split MNC for USC.

AirbOUrne
1/4/2008, 01:19 PM
USC would probably have a bettter chance.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2008, 01:20 PM
The AP is going to go with the winner Monday, period. To do otherwise would be to admit a selection mistake since they had these teams at #1/#2. When they split after the '03 season, they had USC #1 before the final game so they did a little protest vote. It's not just toddlers that throw temper tantrums.

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 01:31 PM
Who.
****ing.
Cares?

No I'm NOT over it! :D

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2008, 01:32 PM
Let's just go with evidence from simple head to head matchups. Missouri beats Kansas. We beat Mizzou by 21 in the CCG. We go to the Fiesta Bowl and get smashed by WVU to the tune of 20. Now, with that said, does anybody really think Kansas should be ahead of WVU,

By that token, does anyone think WVU should be ranked ahead of Pitt?

Didn't OU crush Missouri? And didn't Missouri crush Arkansas? And didn't Arkansas beat LSU?

My vote would go to Kansas.

Snrfn4ever08
1/4/2008, 01:42 PM

Didn't OU crush Missouri? And didn't Missouri crush Arkansas? And didn't Arkansas beat LSU?

With the schedule that Kansas played, why? They lost their only game against a great opponent when they played Mizzou, and I'm not trying to take anything away from KU, but Virginia Tech got stomped by LSU in Baton Rouge. You really think that a 3 point win over VA Tech should give KU the national championship over an LSU team that beat VA Tech by 40+ or a tOSU team that beats that LSU team in the title game?

Fraggle145
1/4/2008, 01:43 PM

That's why you dont get a vote. Kansas played nobody this year and went 1-1 with the two decent teams they played. VaTech was overrated... they dont play offense! final poll will look something like this

1. BCS winner
2. UGA/USC
3. UGA/USC
4. BCS loser
5. Kansas

NYC Poke
1/4/2008, 01:44 PM

I like how this works.

OSU beat TT, who beat OU, who beat Missouri (twice), who beat Arkansas, who beat LSU.

So if LSU wins, OSU gets its first National Championship in football!

Snrfn4ever08
1/4/2008, 01:46 PM
I like how this works.

OSU beat TT, who beat OU, who beat Missouri (twice), who beat Arkansas, who beat LSU.

If the Cowpukes ever got a national championship in football, we'd know that hell truly had frozen over

1890MilesToNorman
1/4/2008, 01:49 PM
All I know is Kansas and Mizzou will finish in the AP top 5 when it's all said and done. Not bad for the weaker division of the Big XII. :D :D

NYC Poke
1/4/2008, 01:51 PM
If the Cowpukes ever got a national championship in football, we'd know that hell truly had frozen over

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's still Houston in August down there from what all my friends tell me.

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 02:09 PM
And again, Mizzou will finish higher than OU who soldily beat them twice.
But that's just how it goes when you crash and burn in your BCS Bowl game!

NYC Poke
1/4/2008, 02:17 PM
And again, Mizzou will finish higher than OU who soldily beat them twice.
But that's just how it goes when you crash and burn in your BCS Bowl game!

The same way Mizzou got punished by the BCS for winning their division by beating Kansas, but losing in the CCG. It doesn't make sense, but that's college football.

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2008, 02:24 PM
You really think that a 3 point win over VA Tech should give KU the national championship over an LSU team that beat VA Tech by 40+ or a tOSU team that beats that LSU team in the title game?

At what point will college football fans quit relying on the transcendental property?

Snrfn4ever08
1/4/2008, 03:13 PM
At what point will college football fans quit relying on the transcendental property?
There's nothing transcendental about that. In head to head matchups, Kansas beat VA Tech by just three points, not trying to take anything from Kansas. It was a great win and I'm proud of KU and Mangino for pulling it off. However, LSU beat Virginia Tech by 41. There's a huge difference there

sjt
1/4/2008, 04:00 PM
It's extremely sad that figure skating and women's gymnastics are now more objective in picking a champion than college football.

OSUAggie
1/4/2008, 04:17 PM
I like how this works.

2nd.

We're counting '45.

That's why you dont get a vote. Kansas played nobody this year and went 1-1 with the two decent teams they played. VaTech was overrated... they dont play offense! final poll will look something like this

1. BCS winner
2. UGA/USC
3. UGA/USC
4. BCS loser
5. Kansas

:rolleyes: Sec homer.

Snrfn4ever08
1/4/2008, 05:28 PM
It's extremely sad that figure skating and women's gymnastics are now more objective in picking a champion than college football.
Tell me about it. Not that it would have done us any good, but we need a playoff

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2008, 05:32 PM
There's nothing transcendental about that. In head to head matchups, Kansas beat VA Tech by just three points, not trying to take anything from Kansas.

Okay, but using common opponents is no better either.

And for all practical purposes, KU beat VT by ten points. Otherwise, we are penalizing the team for taking a knee on the one-yard line.

dabien
1/4/2008, 05:35 PM
I would not be surprised if USC got AP trophy if LSU and OSU play a sloppy game......
much like when LSU beat OU...

NYC Poke
1/4/2008, 05:36 PM
Okay, but using common opponents is no better either.

And for all practical purposes, KU beat VT by ten points. Otherwise, we are penalizing the team for taking a knee on the one-yard line.

You have to take into account the neutral site vs. home game factor, too.

mdklatt
1/4/2008, 05:46 PM
The AP trophy stopped mattering 'round about 1998.