PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question

Miko
1/4/2008, 11:48 AM
For you leagal eagles:

Disclaimer: I am not looking for case-specific advice here, just some general information.

SOmeone close to me feels she is the victim of workplace discrimination. Two of her female co-workers have obtained counsel who tells them they have a strong, well documented case showing a pattern of behavior. Both her coworkers and their lawyer are encouraging my friend to join them in their pending suit.

Here's the question. In general terms, assuming my friend's case is equally strong and well documented, would she be better served by joining others in their action or seeking her own settlement independent from them?

KABOOKIE
1/4/2008, 11:53 AM
Tell her to go in the office the next day and tell everyone there that those two other skanks are a bunch of stupid whores who couldn't get anywhere in life without exposing their cleavage and using the pouty lip routine.

She'll be Exec-VP in no time.

Okla-homey
1/4/2008, 11:54 AM
For you leagal eagles:

Disclaimer: I am not looking for case-specific advice here, just some general information.

SOmeone close to me feels she is the victim of workplace discrimination. Two of her female co-workers have obtained counsel who tells them they have a strong, well documented case showing a pattern of behavior. Both her coworkers and their lawyer are encouraging my friend to join them in their pending suit.

Here's the question. In general terms, assuming my friend's case is equally strong and well documented, would she be better served by joining others in their action or seeking her own settlement independent from them?

It depends.

Miko
1/4/2008, 12:04 PM
It depends.

Homey, thanks for not clouding the issue with a bunch of industry jargon, legalese and doubletalk! ;)

frankensooner
1/4/2008, 12:08 PM
I've heard that settlements in these cases are considered income as opposed to other types of legal settlements and therefore are taxable. I don't mess in this area so I have no advice. Being all together is a good indication of a pattern of abuse though!

crawfish
1/4/2008, 12:10 PM
It depends.

The best 50 bucks you've ever spent. :D

Miko
1/4/2008, 12:11 PM
It depends.

What does it depend upon?

Dear lawd, pleeze don't let him say, "the size of her chest" :rolleyes:

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 03:34 PM
It depends.

You may give Homey his law school diploma now. :D

Miko
1/4/2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, but my friend wants to know if she can have her money back on the free advice, thinking she overspent. :D

Soonerus
1/4/2008, 03:59 PM
Join in and get the EEOC to turn it into a class action claim...

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but my friend wants to know if she can have her money back on the free advice, thinking she overspent. :D

Free advice is always worth the price! ;)