PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul rally on World of Warcraft

mdklatt
1/4/2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.wanderinggoblin.com/literaturedetail.php?id=75

Looks like Ron Paul has the dork vote locked up. No word on when the Ironforge primaries are, though.

crawfish
1/4/2008, 10:47 AM
Meanwhile, the other major candidates are firming up their electability by negotiating donations from big oil and the military-industrial complex.

Quirkiness > evil, in my book. :)

OKLA21FAN
1/4/2008, 10:48 AM
LERRRROYYYY!!!!!....JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKKIIIIINSSSS SSSSSS

OKLA21FAN
1/4/2008, 10:53 AM
NM

Mixer!
1/4/2008, 11:59 AM
Where's Serenity Now when you need them? :D

crawfish
1/7/2008, 05:44 PM
Too much truth to this:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fandom.png

GottaHavePride
1/7/2008, 08:03 PM
I own all those books...

soonerboomer93
1/7/2008, 08:27 PM
I hope they do one on CoX

in a pvp zone

so i can kill them

because i can

VeeJay
Have the furries thrown their collective weight behind Paul?

Or do they know what voting is?

bri
I own all those books...

Nerd. :D

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2008, 09:28 PM
This news leads me to reconsider my position.

Okla-homey
1/7/2008, 09:50 PM
You know, I agree with much of what Dr. Paul says. I'm basically a libertarian myself. However, he's dead wrong on the war and foreign policy. Those are issues number 1 and 2 for me. Hence, he's a non-starter in my book.

OTOH, since he's an OB/GYN doc, he has committed his life to keeping female body parts in working order...which is waaaaay more admirable work than most of the stuff the other candidates did or do for a living.

However, anyone who is this popular with twenty-something males who have never seen a female human breast in person (that was not attached to a stripper,) cannot be good for America.;)

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2008, 09:59 PM
You know, I agree with much of what Dr. Paul says. I'm basically a libertarian myself. However, he's dead wrong on the war and foreign policy. Those are issues number 1 and 2 for me. Hence, he's a non-starter in my book.

OTOH, since he's an OB/GYN doc, he has committed his life to keeping female body parts in working order...which is waaaaay more admirable work than most of the stuff the other candidates did or do for a living.

However, anyone who is this popular with twenty-something males who have never seen a female human breast in person (that was not attached to a stripper,) cannot be good for America.;)

There's your problem -- domestic policy concerns should almost always trump foreign policy concerns.

crawfish
1/7/2008, 10:16 PM

As much as my support doesn't deny the "nerd" image, I do admit I support him despite not agreeing with all of his policies. Two things drive this for me:

1) The gradual erosion of our civil liberties
2) The debt and the economy

Paul is the only candidate - Republican or Democrat - who has addressed these issues in any real terms. A guy who's slightly overweight can just go on a quick diet; a morbidly obese guy will need surgery and other drastic measures to get better. I just don't seen any mainstream candidate being able to do what really needs to get done.

Also: even if/when he's not elected, I'm hoping for an influx of "Ron Paul Republicans" over the next four years to increase the power of his message in our party.

Okla-homey
1/7/2008, 10:22 PM
There's your problem -- domestic policy concerns should almost always trump foreign policy concerns.

I disagree. Foreign policy and defense are a couple of the handfull of things the federal government is empowered to wield under our Constitution. Thus, foreign policy and defense were more important to the framers than domestic policy, not to mention the fact the world we now inhabit is much smaller than it was in 1789.

SicEmBaylor
1/7/2008, 10:29 PM
I disagree. Foreign policy and defense are a couple of the handfull of things the federal government is empowered to wield under our Constitution. Thus, foreign policy and defense were more important to the framers than domestic policy, not to mention the fact the world we now inhabit is much smaller than it was in 1789.

Yes, but the assumption was that the Federal government would be free to focus on national security and issues of truly national importance because the states would be the primary steward of domestic policy. That's no longer the case and it seems that needed domestic reforms are rendered politically impossible because of disagreements between the parties and politicians foreign policy issues. I personally believe that some sort of tax and social security reform would have been possible had it not been for the war in Iraq just to give one example.

GottaHavePride
1/7/2008, 11:50 PM
Nerd. :D

To be fair, I've read most of Timothy Zahn's non-Star Wars books too, because he's just a flat-out good writer. The other guys are not in the same class. ;)