PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Cockeye results

Okla-homey
1/3/2008, 11:21 PM
Obama 37.53; Edwards 29.88; Clinton 29.41
Huckabee 34; Romney 25; Thompson 14; McCain 13%; Paul 10%

Mrs. Clinton spent $19M in TV ads. heh.

Methinks the good folks of Iowa have Mrs. Clinton all figured out. Especially the fact the last thing she accomplished or earned on her own was admission to Yale law school back in the 1960's.

Curly Bill
1/3/2008, 11:25 PM
Hillary in 3rd? :D :D :D

rufnek05
1/3/2008, 11:37 PM
that made my day. "she needs to stop running for president and make me a sandwich" as my uncle says

Curly Bill
1/3/2008, 11:59 PM
that made my day. "she needs to stop running for president and make me a sandwich" as my uncle says

heh, your uncle's funny :D

KABOOKIE
1/4/2008, 12:04 AM
GD. Menthols in the White House.

soonerinabilene
1/4/2008, 12:27 AM
GD. Newports and Thunderbird in the White House.
fixed.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2008, 12:45 AM
Six days later, the voters in New Hampshire will negate the Iowa results, as they love to do.

Iowa doesn't matter that much. Just ask Presidents Harkin, Gephardt, and Muskie - all Iowa caucus winners.

Even George H.W. Bush whipped Ronald Reagan in the 1980 Iowa caucus.

KaiserSooner
1/4/2008, 02:35 AM
I definitely don't see Huckabee winning the NH primary. I have no idea how the Democratic race there will play out.

VeeJay
1/4/2008, 02:43 AM
Well, I'm thinking the newlywed gay couples in NH will turn out for Huckabee.

VeeJay
1/4/2008, 02:46 AM

Methinks the good folks of Iowa have Mrs. Clinton all figured out. Especially the fact the last thing she accomplished or earned on her own was admission to Yale law school back in the 1960's.

..or maybe they had enough of Bill Clinton during the 90's. Everywhere he went stumping for Hillary, he talked about how great things were during his tenure. And Hill would return us to the glory days while delivering Universal (fill in the blank) in the midst of tax cuts and a booming economy.

Good times!

Jimminy Crimson
1/4/2008, 02:58 AM
..or maybe they had enough of Bill Clinton during the 90's. Everywhere he went stumping for Hillary, he talked about how great things were during his tenure. And Hill would return us to the glory days while delivering Universal (fill in the blank) in the midst of tax cuts and a booming economy.

Good times!

I think your avatar is the Clinton campaign bus!

Okla-homey
1/4/2008, 07:23 AM
Well, I'm thinking the newly civil unioned gay couples in NH will turn out for Huckabee.

fixed it. And I agree. H will probably have to concede the seckshual pervert vote. That's generally owned by the donks.;)

crawfish
1/4/2008, 09:50 AM
We can only hope that the American people are smart enough to see Clinton for what she is...a neocon in disguise.

I do like Obama, and I like Huckabee. A GE between them would be an interesting contrast in styles - One inspirational, Kennedy-like, the other more homespun, but both competent (which is worlds better than the previous two elections).

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2008, 10:37 AM
The Democrats would love to run against Huckabee, but it won't happen. His chances are close to zero.

crawfish
1/4/2008, 10:45 AM
The Democrats would love to run against Huckabee, but it won't happen. His chances are close to zero.

Why? He's really the only R that could win. Romney isn't viable for a large part of America, Guliani is a crook, Thompson probably couldn't stay awake during a debate (and would probably perform better if he was asleep anyway), McCain is the best qualified but his terseness alienates too many people, and Paul - well, if Paul managed to secure the nomination he'd be tough for anyone to beat considering what he'd have overcome, but the powers-that-be will NOT let that happen.

Huckabee makes the war a lesser advantage for the dems because Huckabee has been vocal against it and the dem front-runners all voted for it. He has a sense of humor that will give him broad appeal. He comes across as competent and trustworthy. Personally, I think he's the R's best chance.

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2008, 10:48 AM

Clinton spent 7.2 million according to what I've read. Of course, Clinton drew a larger percentage of the Iowa Democrats than Romney did the Republicans-and Romney spent a similar amount. I know he outspent Huckabee by a large multiple.

JohnnyMack
1/4/2008, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't count John Edwards or John McCain out just yet.

KABOOKIE
1/4/2008, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't count John Edwards or John McCain out just yet.

That's because you're on the 'stupid list'

Howzit
1/4/2008, 11:25 AM
Huckabee is looking at an extreme uphill battle in NH, and it's not because of the "seckshul pervert" vote.

He has already taken the word 'Christian' out of his ad tag line because that will not play as well as in Iowa, and his 23% national sales tax will be a very tough sell there.

IB4OU2
1/4/2008, 11:31 AM
Huckabee is looking at an extreme uphill battle in NH, and it's not because of the "seckshul pervert" vote.

He has already taken the word 'Christian' out of his ad tag line because that will not play as well as in Iowa, and his 23% national sales tax will be a very tough sell there.

and he swims.

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2008, 11:33 AM
Hillary came out flat and Obama was all fired up . . .

I got nuthin'.

I hope Huckabee does well . . . and agree that he's the R's best shot.

frankensooner
1/4/2008, 11:37 AM
Neither President Obama nor President Huckabee sounds right to my ear. Them ain't very presidential names. One sounds like a sworn enemy, the other like a crappy dining chain.

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2008, 11:38 AM
Like President Bush sounds any better . . . sounds like a pr0n star name.

:D

crawfish
1/4/2008, 11:40 AM
It hardly matters anyway, since Cheney takes over as emperor in October.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2008, 01:58 PM
We can only hope that the American people are smart enough to see Clinton for what she is...a neocon in disguise.

I do like Obama, and I like Huckabee. A GE between them would be an interesting contrast in styles - One inspirational, Kennedy-like, the other more homespun, but both competent (which is worlds better than the previous two elections).What's in that pot your crawfish is stirring?

crawfish
1/4/2008, 03:08 PM
What's in that pot your crawfish is stirring?

Trouble.

As always. ;)

ric311
1/4/2008, 07:52 PM

I'm not a supporter of Huckabee, but the Fair Tax is a good idea. Think about it. Every person who buys something in this country would be paying towards running it. That includes tourists and illegals. And you wouldn't have any income or social security taxes, so you take home 100% of your paycheck. You only get taxed on what you decide is worth taxing. Not a bad deal.

Frozen Sooner
1/4/2008, 08:10 PM
I'm not a supporter of Huckabee, but the Fair Tax is a good idea. Think about it. Every person who buys something in this country would be paying towards running it. That includes tourists and illegals. And you wouldn't have any income or social security taxes, so you take home 100% of your paycheck. You only get taxed on what you decide is worth taxing. Not a bad deal.

Particularly for the class of people who have enough income to decide to not have most of it taxed.

Curly Bill
1/4/2008, 08:15 PM

Agree on the fair tax, flat tax, whatever you want to call it.

SoonerInKCMO
1/4/2008, 08:50 PM
Particularly for the class of people who have enough income to decide to not have most of it taxed.

D00d! Regressive taxes are da bomb-diggity!

**** da po'!

JohnnyMack
1/4/2008, 09:20 PM
They're talking about Hillary trying to make a comeback in NH the way Bill did in 92. The big difference as I see it is that she's just not that likeable of a person. Bill on the other hand could sell ice to eskimos.

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 09:31 PM
Why? He's really the only R that could win. Romney isn't viable for a large part of America, Guliani is a crook, Thompson probably couldn't stay awake during a debate (and would probably perform better if he was asleep anyway), McCain is the best qualified but his terseness alienates too many people, and Paul - well, if Paul managed to secure the nomination he'd be tough for anyone to beat considering what he'd have overcome, but the powers-that-be will NOT let that happen.

Huckabee makes the war a lesser advantage for the dems because Huckabee has been vocal against it and the dem front-runners all voted for it. He has a sense of humor that will give him broad appeal. He comes across as competent and trustworthy. Personally, I think he's the R's best chance.

I agree. I think that Huckabee is the strongest viable Republican candidate. His stances are the closest to the conservative values than the others and that's what appeals to the Republican/conservative voters.

From what I know of him he's the only one that hasn't really flipped-flopped back and forth on the issues. While Romney and Guiliani still seem like they can't make up their minds.

jeremy885
1/5/2008, 01:50 PM
They're talking about Hillary trying to make a comeback in NH the way Bill did in 92. The big difference as I see it is that she's just not that likeable of a person. Bill on the other hand could sell ice to eskimos.

Yep. Latest polls seem to support that too.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22514808/

1/5/2008, 02:39 PM
They're talking about Hillary trying to make a comeback in NH the way Bill did in 92. The big difference as I see it is that she's just not that likeable of a person. Bill on the other hand could sell anything to democrats.fixed

1/5/2008, 02:42 PM
I agree. I think that Huckabee is the strongest viable Republican candidate. His stances are the closest to the conservative values than the others and that's what appeals to the Republican/conservative voters.

From what I know of him he's the only one that hasn't really flipped-flopped back and forth on the issues. While Romney and Guiliani still seem like they can't make up their minds.Whoever wants to not raise taxes, and to seal off the border to illegals is the most likely to win the Repub. nomination. (I hope)

JohnnyMack
1/5/2008, 08:38 PM
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/05/polls-show-clinton-obama-tied-in-new-hampshire/

Clinton loses lead in NH, now in a dead heat with Obama. Could Hillary be about to implode?

Ike
1/5/2008, 10:27 PM
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/05/polls-show-clinton-obama-tied-in-new-hampshire/

Clinton loses lead in NH, now in a dead heat with Obama. Could Hillary be about to implode?
I wouldn't put much stock in polls that just cover NH. There ain't that many people there to begin with, and since they do a bajillion polls daily there, people that live there get 2 or 3 calls from pollsters a week. When it's that frequent, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a large portion of the population that makes up crazy **** when they get called after a while.

usmc-sooner
1/5/2008, 10:33 PM
I can't see how anyone would be pulling for Hillary, it's about as stupid as Laura Bush running for President.

Okla-homey
1/5/2008, 10:49 PM
I can't see how anyone would be pulling for Hillary, it's about as stupid as Laura Bush running for President.

Any lawyer who "loses" her billing records, then miraculously finds them five years later, is not worthy of the highest office in the land. You can quote me on that.

JohnnyMack
1/5/2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in polls that just cover NH. There ain't that many people there to begin with, and since they do a bajillion polls daily there, people that live there get 2 or 3 calls from pollsters a week. When it's that frequent, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a large portion of the population that makes up crazy **** when they get called after a while.

No but these things do tend to snowball. And when it goes, it goes quickly. Just ask this d00d:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/americas/04/us_election/campaign_blunders/img/8.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2008, 11:07 PM

She needs to go on Letterman and sit in with the band.