PDA

View Full Version : We are the Buffalo Bills and other random thoughts

aero
1/3/2008, 07:29 PM
Or maybe the Atlanta Braves of college football. We're pretty darn good and win a lot of games but come up short in the end. Or so it seems.

I thought going for 2 was slightly uncalled for considering the mo seemed to have shifted ever so slightly and still plenty of game left but the onside kick made me wonder where was Bob and who the h-e-double hockey sticks was running the team.

Unfortunately, it could be construed some players are pretty good and their absence was quite detrimental.

We have lost the last 4 BCS games we have played in. I'm tempted to type this repeatedly as I have heard this fact said no less than 263 times by various football scholars since last night. Yes, we also would probably have a better bowl record if we were playing in, say ...... San Antonio, San Diego, or some other fine city hosting a 2nd tier bowl. But we sure aren't going to win an NC if we aren't in the mix. I don't like losing any game and certainly not 4 BCS' in a row but I'll take my chances in a BCS game EVERY year. Just think, Gibbs, smelly, and Blake aren't that long ago and we have won an NC and played in BCS games 4 of the last five years. And as much as people love to dog us, we ARE respected.

Our 2000 team had a badazz attitude that they weren't going to be denied. How many times in the last few years have you heard people say the way to beat us is to smash us in the mouth. I think the 2000 team started that because that's what they did to teams. It carried over for a few years but seems to be missing now. WVU took it to us and we didn't seem to respond. We have as good as talent as anyone in the country, better than most, but we've got to start getting nasty.

Bob and the staff had a bad night. So did the O and D. Which of course meant a bad night for all of us. But things could be worse. Found out this morning my little daughter's cat had feline leukemia today and had to put it down. She's 9. She called me before I could get home to ask if "Scout was well". Caught me a little off guard. I said no but I'd be home pretty quick. That was one of those talks you dread. She cried and I hugged her. But she took it pretty well. Kept her chin up. I'm pretty sure she'll be hurting for a while. But she'll be fine.

Thanks to the coaching staff and players for giving me another mostly enjoyable year.

I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred
and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead