PDA

View Full Version : Official Sooner Early-entry Watch Thread

KingDavid
1/3/2008, 07:29 PM
The candidates are Kelly, Smith, Lofton, and Robinson. If you learn anything definitive, please tell.

KingDavid
1/4/2008, 01:54 PM
Here's a link to a list of nationwide early entry candidates and their status:

College Football Talk Early Entries Page (http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/earlyentries.htm)

It appears to be updated daily. It indicates that Lofton is expected to declare himself eligible (along with Kelly - no surprise). The article on which the prediction is based is pretty dated and not a good source, IMO. We'll see.

The Maestro
1/4/2008, 01:58 PM
If I were the OU coaches I would tell Malcolm to stick around...most teams like their players ready for post season and since he is 0-2 he has something to prove, his fault or not.

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2008, 02:04 PM
Hell, I think Lofton should stay...and it ain't just for selfish reasons...

colleyvillesooner
1/4/2008, 03:08 PM
No one will tell Lofton what he wants to hear, that'll he'll be a Top 10-15 draft pick. He stays.

Malcolm is leaving. He should announce soon.

KingDavid
1/5/2008, 11:58 PM
No one will tell Lofton what he wants to hear, that'll he'll be a Top 10-15 draft pick. He stays.

Malcolm is leaving. He should announce soon.

Has this been confirmed yet? Rivals mentioned he got his grade back. Is he still going to think about it?

Scott D
1/6/2008, 01:54 PM
Truthfully none of our juniors should declare early, all of them have glaring holes in their game that another year of college may reduce them if not eliminate them.

KingDavid
1/6/2008, 01:58 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone other than Kelly leaves. I'm dying to know his decision. Really hope he stays.

Prediction: if he goes, we'll get Julio Jones. If he stays . . . no Jones.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/6/2008, 03:15 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone other than Kelly leaves. I'm dying to know his decision. Really hope he stays.

Prediction: if he goes, we'll get Julio Jones. If he stays . . . no Jones.

From what I've seen of Julio Jones he is the best high school WR I have ever seen. As my sig might suggest I've been big on Kelly but I'd trade one more year with Kelly for at least 3 years with Julio Jones.

colleyvillesooner
1/6/2008, 03:17 PM
Kelly is gone, all others should stay...

85sooners
1/6/2008, 04:41 PM
:pop:

Sam Bradford
1/6/2008, 04:53 PM
any news on kelly? he is projected to be the 20th pick to the cowboys

Sam Bradford
1/6/2008, 05:57 PM
i mean reggie smith

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2008, 06:01 PM
They all need another year, especially after TGOWWDNS2

goingoneight
1/6/2008, 06:19 PM
If I were the OU coaches I would tell Malcolm to stick around...most teams like their players ready for post season and since he is 0-2 he has something to prove, his fault or not.

MK is not 0-2, he's 1-2, being sidelined through 3 1/2 quarters of both losses with injury.

KingDavid
1/6/2008, 07:31 PM
i mean reggie smith

Reggie Smith is projected #20 to the Cowboys? Linky please.

usmc-sooner
1/6/2008, 07:51 PM
Truthfully none of our juniors should declare early, all of them have glaring holes in their game that another year of college may reduce them if not eliminate them.

exactly

without blasting our players too much
Loadholdt ---the NFL has got to be worried about his penalties, and weakness against a speed rush
Duke--has the talent but are underclassmen guards high draft picks? Also needs to work on stupid penalty issues.
Reggie --also has the talent but after watching our secondary get torched in different games is the NFL jumping out of their shoes to draft him
Nic Harris---he would be a late round pick
Lofton ---has talent, but after watching our LBer's this year he needs to stay, get better in coverage, discipline, and speed
MK----legitimate pro guy but how high in the draft will he go? at times WR phemon, at other times taken out of the game.
Holmes---I don't think the NFL is in the market for drafting a guy who was a backup corner or nickle back in college

JMO

Sam Bradford
1/6/2008, 09:04 PM
my bad he is projected this is not the only mock draft that has him going to the cowboys though
http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

TXBOOMER
1/6/2008, 09:26 PM
Reggie Smith is projected #20 to the Cowboys? Linky please.

Go to rivals mock draft. They also have hime projected to go to the cowboys with the pick they got off of Cleveland.

If Reggie gets a grade back that says he is going in the first round he would be a not very smart person to stick around here. He was pretty good, but I never saw anything to make me think he was that caliber. I guess his 40 time and his verticaL are really strong.

TXBOOMER
1/6/2008, 09:29 PM
exactly

without blasting our players too much
Loadholdt ---the NFL has got to be worried about his penalties, and weakness against a speed rush
Duke--has the talent but are underclassmen guards high draft picks? Also needs to work on stupid penalty issues.
Reggie --also has the talent but after watching our secondary get torched in different games is the NFL jumping out of their shoes to draft him
Nic Harris---he would be a late round pick
Lofton ---has talent, but after watching our LBer's this year he needs to stay, get better in coverage, discipline, and speed
MK----legitimate pro guy but how high in the draft will he go? at times WR phemon, at other times taken out of the game.
Holmes---I don't think the NFL is in the market for drafting a guy who was a backup corner or nickle back in college

JMO

Doesn't matter, if they grade out well, the NFL thinks they can coach them up. It comes down to how they grade out at the combine. We get alot of these top recruits because they feel OU is a great pipeline to the league.

zeke
1/6/2008, 09:45 PM
When is the date that they have to decide whether or not to declair?

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2008, 10:00 PM
Jan 15

zeke
1/6/2008, 10:07 PM
Jan 15

Thanks!

hink4769
1/6/2008, 10:14 PM
Who goes first Kelly or Limas Sweed? They would seem to have similar draft profiles, big and athletic, have made some big catches for their respective teams, but tend to disappear sometimes in big games.

The Maestro
1/6/2008, 10:21 PM
MK is not 0-2, he's 1-2, being sidelined through 3 1/2 quarters of both losses with injury.

Oh, my bad...the freshman probably was a key factor in 17 points in the Holiday Bowl against Oregon.

Stick around, MK...nothing proven yet to make me, as a pretend NFL GM, take the chance of drafting you. I need more proof.

MextheBulldog
1/6/2008, 11:12 PM
Chip BROWN

"*Also, look for Oklahoma offensive guard Duke Robinson and receiver Malcolm Kelly to jump to the NFL. OU offensive tackle Phil Loadholt is also strongly considering jumping to the NFL, but doesn't appear as sure about his decision as Robinson and Kelly."

http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/muschamp_abrams_finley_ou_juniors.html

dabien
1/6/2008, 11:35 PM
if reggie is 1st round pick then...
he's gone fo sho

colleyvillesooner
1/6/2008, 11:39 PM
haven't heard anything about Duke leaving. Guards aren't usually drafted to high. Davin Joseph graded out really high and only went 20ish.

cvsooner
1/6/2008, 11:57 PM
Since Kansas' Aqib Talib has decided to go...do you think maybe Reggie might think longer and harder about it? Talib will go before Reggie, no doubt.

Curly Bill
1/7/2008, 12:37 AM
Since Kansas' Aqib Talib has decided to go...do you think maybe Reggie might think longer and harder about it? Talib will go before Reggie, no doubt.

I wouldn't really think what some other player has decided to do will influence Reggie one way or the other, unless of course it's going to seriously change Reggie's draft possibilities.

If he's judged to be talented enough by the NFL he will go plenty early even with Talib coming out. NFL can't get enough talented cornerbacks.

KingDavid
1/7/2008, 02:21 AM
Who goes first Kelly or Limas Sweed? They would seem to have similar draft profiles, big and athletic, have made some big catches for their respective teams, but tend to disappear sometimes in big games.

Most of the mock drafts i've reviewed have Kelly as going ahead of Sweed. Faster, more upside, more filled out body.

After reviewing a bunch of these boards, I think Kelly is gone - 10% chance he stays.

I also think Smith is a 50/50. Many boards had him going in round one.

The others stay for sure.