PDA

View Full Version : I returned from the Fortress of Solitude today . . .

Kels
1/3/2008, 03:42 PM
and the sun is out, and life goes on.

My old college roommate just stopped by. He was at the game last night, and sat in the club seats with his wife. He said that OU filled 2/3 of the stadium and the WVU fans were kinda hillbilly. They changed our chant of "OU" at the kickoff to something a little more colorful. He said it was one of those times when you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Boy, WVU sure stomped a mudhole in us.

I hope that there is (again) another serious evaluation of our bowl preparation and schedule. Terry Donahue was saying that most coaches tweak their bowl prep until they find something that works, and then they stay with it. Well, winning 1 out of the last 5, and 4 out of 9 bowls during Bob's tenure is not a trend that we are used to around here. Bowling every year is nice, but we are Oklahoma and I think that should be standard for our program. Switzer got it right last night when he said that OU can always expect everyone's best game. I'd like to see our best game against someone other than OSU or Texas, like a bowl team that we have four weeks to prepare for.

You know, I never bought into the Mike Stoops curse, but I'm really starting to wonder. Maybe Bob is a more effective head coach when he has his brother on staff with him. Either way, I'm glad that I live in Norman and work on campus every day. It's a lot safer than being out in the hinterland.

Boomer Sooner!

RedstickSooner
1/3/2008, 04:07 PM
I still don't see why we can't hire Mike on part-time.

It isn't like *he* goes bowling. Surely he could spare us one month a year? Y'know, make an extra couple hundred grand to spend on Christmas presents, maybe?