PDA

View Full Version : It's good to see Kevin Wilson...

BoonesFarmSooner
1/3/2008, 03:18 PM
trying to establish the running game on 2nd and 20, down 48-28, with 8 minutes left to go in the game.

Go sell crappy coordinators somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2008, 03:22 PM
trying to establish the running game on 2nd and 20, down 48-28, with 8 minutes left to go in the game.

I'll bet anything that was Bob's call. He was throwing in the towel and running out the clock before things got worse. He also started substituting players to get them some bowl reps - notice Gut got a carry and almost broke into the open.

OffroadOUFan
1/3/2008, 03:32 PM
Speaking of giving up, I half-heartedly expected them to use the victory, um giving-in-the-towl, formation. At one point my eyes deceived me and I actually thought I saw them bunch up for it when they, thankfully, ran the ball.

MextheBulldog
1/3/2008, 03:46 PM
How about the TO before the 4th and 1, down 48-28. Meh.

OUstud
1/3/2008, 05:32 PM
Remember when there was about 10 minutes left, and we're driving, down 20, not completely out of the game...and we give it to JACOB GUITERREZ on a draw play?!? That was unbelievable. I understand he's a senior, a captain, etc...but that was the earliest throw in the towel I've ever seen. He hasn't had meaningful offensive game experience in 2 years!

Tulsa_Fireman
1/3/2008, 05:35 PM
Gute's a bad ***.

How quickly we forget Baylor.

http://www.movv.com/prvupload/uploads/super_retard_stfu.jpg

OklahomaRed
1/3/2008, 05:39 PM
How about the Pride of Oklahoma playing "Boomer Sooner" over and over and over again toward the end of the game? What was up with that? It was even getting on my nerves. Were they trying to prove a point or what? Sorry, but I noticed it, so I know even the announcers had to be thinking, "What's up with the Boomer-Sooner song over and over?" Meh!

The Maestro
1/3/2008, 05:42 PM
I know we scored on the fourth down play, but I like the three dive plays down 20 to start the fourth quarter followed by the "high percentage" 4th and 1 20 yard pass play. Good execution, but strange strategy.

Widescreen
1/3/2008, 05:42 PM
How about the Pride of Oklahoma playing "Boomer Sooner" over and over and over again toward the end of the game? What was up with that? It was even getting on my nerves. Were they trying to prove a point or what? Sorry, but I noticed it, so I know even the announcers had to be thinking, "What's up with the Boomer-Sooner song over and over?" Meh!

They were just giving people opportunities to record their own ringtones.

Snrfn4ever08
1/3/2008, 06:36 PM
They were just giving people opportunities to record their own ringtones.
Because if there's one thing I want as a ringtone right now, it's Boomer Sooner. I almost got as tired of hearing that last night as I did of hearing SUC's fight song in 04

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2008, 06:47 PM

When OU is trying to make a comeback, they do this, and have done this for as long as I can remember, which is mid '80s.

OU-HSV
1/3/2008, 07:40 PM
in

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2008, 07:54 PM
Didn't Switzer once credit the band for a defeat of Oklahoma State in the early 80's? Anyone remember the story?

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2008, 08:00 PM
Didn't Switzer once credit the band for a defeat of Oklahoma State in the early 80's? Anyone remember the story?

Yes. OU was at OSU and somehow the band seats got all fubared. End result was that Thrailkill was directing from sidelines and got kicked out of the game with OU trailing big. He told the band to just keep playing Boomer Sooner over and over. OU came back and won.

As a result, it's now illegal for the band to play after the snap.

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2008, 10:18 PM
Yup, that was 83; Marcus Dupree had just quit the team the week before, and Derrick Shepherd(RIP Derrick) got us back into the game with an incredible TD catch and run that was pretty much all him.

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 10:20 PM

Thank you! Someone who understands the game.

Throw the freakin' ball already. Time is runnin' out!

KC//CRIMSON
1/3/2008, 10:49 PM
It's good to see Kevin Wilson........couldn't gain half a yard on fourth down with the biggest O Line in OU's history.

Curly Bill
1/3/2008, 10:56 PM
Hell boys we gave up 48 points, how many of those did KW give up? :P

I'll admit he wasn't pefect on the night either, but all things considered I'd rather point the finger at his defensive colleague. ;)

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 11:02 PM
Read this ...
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106328

Redgiant2
1/4/2008, 01:01 AM
Had Wilson given them what they wanted it would've been a closer game. They took the run game away and dared him to throw it because they had their mind made up to live and die by the blitz and stuffing the box. He blinked.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2008, 01:09 AM
It's good to see Kevin Wilson........couldn't gain half a yard on fourth down with the biggest O Line in OU's history.

It's because he doesn't get his pads lower than the defender.

76soonergrad
1/4/2008, 01:14 AM

Yes. Switzer also gave the band a game ball for their efforts.