PDA

View Full Version : Maybe We Need to Learn from West Virgina...

Blues1
1/3/2008, 02:37 PM
This probably won't be popular post - But as Barry Swizter said - IF he was Coaching today he would be doing what West Virgina is Doing on Offense....That probably won't happen, but when we give up 48 points and can't make several 4th and one's then maybe we need to re-make our own offense strategy..

Lets Face the Facts - A fast running qb Killed us last night as well as our own stupid penalty mistakes....JMHO....!

Not Rockin' Today......:(

Pvt Joker7
1/3/2008, 02:45 PM
But then you look at Mizzou in the Big XII game, and we shut down that offense. I really think it just comes down to who plays with more heart, and it was WVU last night.

birddog
1/3/2008, 02:46 PM
we looked like a big 10 team last night. i thought wilson could have been much more imaginative, certainly.

no question.

but in the end you've got to execute the plays that are called. no matter how predictable. :(

OKLA21FAN
1/3/2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah, and Barry nevar lost a bowl game he was a TD favorite in!

just no one tell Lou Holtz :pop:

FlatheadSooner
1/3/2008, 02:53 PM
But then you look at Mizzou in the Big XII game, and we shut down that offense. I really think it just comes down to who plays with more heart, and it was WVU last night.

Amen.

SoonerLB
1/3/2008, 02:57 PM
Definitely didn't seem to be much "want to" on our side of the field last night.

NYC Poke
1/3/2008, 03:02 PM
This probably won't be popular post - But as Barry Swizter said - IF he was Coaching today he would be doing what West Virgina is Doing on Offense....That probably won't happen, but when we give up 48 points and can't make several 4th and one's then maybe we need to re-make our own offense strategy..

Did Rodriguez really run that style of offense before Pat White? You tailor your offense (and defense) to the talent you have available. I'm not sure there are many QBs around like White.

TUSooner
1/3/2008, 03:13 PM
Definitely didn't seem to be much "want to" on our side of the field last night.
Maybe it was the lack of "want to" in the weeks before the game?
As Bud said (more or less): "Anybody can have the will to win on game day, CHAMPIONS have the will to PREPARE to win."
Evidently, we were not prepared to win.

Blues1
1/3/2008, 03:18 PM
Did Rodriguez really run that style of offense before Pat White? You tailor your offense (and defense) to the talent you have available. I'm not sure there are many QBs around like White.

It's my understanding Rodriguez has been perfecting and using something like that offense everywhere he has coached at....

stoopified
1/3/2008, 03:23 PM
OU execution:I am in favor.

devOUt
1/3/2008, 03:26 PM
There is also a lot we could learn form the WV defense.

OKC-SLC
1/3/2008, 03:59 PM
Seems like we keep saying the same things after these bowl games.

MextheBulldog
1/3/2008, 04:06 PM
Priority #1 for 2008: We need to get much better on the road, including the bowl game.

RedstickSooner
1/3/2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe we need a new policy:

"Winners get a ride back to campus."

NYC Poke
1/3/2008, 04:52 PM
It's my understanding Rodriguez has been perfecting and using something like that offense everywhere he has coached at....

Yeah, I understand he's been using some form of the "spread option" during his career. But I seem to remember him running a heavily pass-oriented version of it while he was at Tulane. I'm not sure what it looked like at WVU before Pat White, but I am guessing he tweaked his offense to fit his personnel. When he could have success at Tulane passing, he passed. When he saw he could have success at WVU running, he went with the run.

stoopified
1/3/2008, 05:17 PM
System doesn't need changing, exeution does.If the WV syatem is great how did they lose 2 games ?

canes4ever
1/3/2008, 05:37 PM

The Missouri game was not a BCS bowl. Stoops has a difficult time with after reg season preparations. Too much quickness. WVA answered everytime you scored. Was that desperation on Stoops part in going for 2 and onside kicking so early? Maybe he sent a message to the players.

MextheBulldog
1/3/2008, 05:39 PM
What bowl did Miami play in?

OU Adonis
1/3/2008, 05:44 PM
System doesn't need changing, exeution does.If the WV syatem is great how did they lose 2 games ?

Because they lost their starting qb both games.

It worked for us as an excuse...

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 09:50 PM
It doesn't matter how much heart you have if you're told to do DUMB off-side kicks less than 10 yards.

Fess up, our coaches were crap last night! The guys did all they could without rebelling. They were told to waste the clock and run, when we should have thrown the ball on 1 and 2nd downs to catch up.