PDA

View Full Version : My 4-year old son at the game....

bonkuba
1/3/2008, 02:31 PM
My family and I go to most every Sooner football game and last night was no different. I get VERY upset when we dont show up to play......needless to say last night was not a good night.

However, my 4-year old son Camden was having a blast (along with his 16-month old sister). He saw that I was having a "bad" evening and he looked at me and said "Daddy, don't be sad.......OU football is fun!!":D You know that really put everything in perspective for me. I am not saying that I had a blast the rest of the game seeing our team go through the motions.........but I did enjoy being there with my family.

Sooners.......down or up the Hudson family will be there yelling and screaming!!

By the way the weather here in Phoenix this morning is GREAT!!

Boomer!!!

Sean

BoonesFarmSooner
1/3/2008, 03:11 PM
"Daddy, don't be sad.......OU football is fun!!"

Unfortunately for my dog, he doesn't share those same sentiments...

OffroadOUFan
1/3/2008, 03:26 PM
Wrong thread, sorry. Carry on...

TUSooner
1/3/2008, 03:40 PM
... "Daddy, don't be sad.......OU football is fun!!":D ...

Awesome!
But you obviously haven't taught him about the scoreboard yet. :D

And don't EVER let him read this board!

OUMallen
1/3/2008, 03:45 PM
good post.

MextheBulldog
1/3/2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, cracked a smile there for a second. And I told my 4 year old we recorded the game last night after he went to bed. His first and most excited request: "Can we see the bands?".

Widescreen
1/3/2008, 03:51 PM
Yesterday was my daughter's 12th birthday. She had her worst birthday ever because OU lost. You should've seen her at about 11pm last night. She was on the verge of tears. I found myself having to console her and convince her that it was just a football game and she really had a good birthday. I'm not sure it worked. She said she hoped OU never played on Jan 2 again.

OKC-SLC
1/3/2008, 04:16 PM
She said she hoped OU never played on Jan 2 again.
[voice in my head] MUST....SUPPRESS....SMARTAZZED....COMMENTS...[/voice in my head]

TXBOOMER
1/3/2008, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately for my dog, he doesn't share those same sentiments...

LOL

SOONERKAT
1/3/2008, 04:51 PM
Dad - Taylor (<--- 7 y/o) OU got their butts kicked by 20 last night. Not good, at all!

Taylor - Dad, it's no big deal. It could have been by 1000 points! Don't be so angry.

Sometimes, kids know all the right things to say ....

stoopified
1/3/2008, 05:06 PM
My wife wouldn't let me jump off the upper deck at Owen Field.The woman just doesn't understand OU football is more important than life and death.

tru2ou
1/3/2008, 05:39 PM
My family and I go to most every Sooner football game and last night was no different. I get VERY upset when we dont show up to play......needless to say last night was not a good night.

However, my 4-year old son Camden was having a blast (along with his 16-month old sister). He saw that I was having a "bad" evening and he looked at me and said "Daddy, don't be sad.......OU football is fun!!":D You know that really put everything in perspective for me. I am not saying that I had a blast the rest of the game seeing our team go through the motions.........but I did enjoy being there with my family.

Sooners.......down or up the Hudson family will be there yelling and screaming!!

By the way the weather here in Phoenix this morning is GREAT!!

Boomer!!!

Sean

I used to let losses ruin my day/week/year before I had kids. I have a 3 and 5 year old who love going to games with Daddy and just spending time with me. After the games are over, win or lose, they are always happy to just be spending time with me. It changes your perspective and makes you realize there are more important things in life than the results of a meaningless bowl game played by 18-23 year kids. Don;t get me wrong, I still live and die for the Sooners but a smile on my kids face will always take away the hurt of seeing the Sooners lose. Its just one of the reasons its so much fun to take the little ones to the games.

Thanks for the post.

- tru