PDA

View Full Version : Bill Stewart now head coach at WV

The_Red_Patriot
1/3/2008, 10:20 AM
He should send OU some money for getting him the job last night.

Its funny, all I heard going into this game was how this guy had no shot then he becomes the first interim head coach to win a bowl game and then....CONTRACT.

Congrats to him. He was nothing but class and I hope he does well.

McSoonerDad
1/3/2008, 11:06 AM
I totally agree. Kids sincerely backed him last night. I thought all the WV kids were classy during the post game ceremonies. They played their hearts out and it showed. I hope I dont here of a Bob Stoops bonus coming.

yermom
1/3/2008, 11:14 AM
He should send OU some money for getting him the job last night.

Its funny, all I heard going into this game was how this guy had no shot then he becomes the first interim head coach to win a bowl game and then....CONTRACT.

Congrats to him. He was nothing but class and I hope he does well.

first interim coach this year? or for a BCS game or what?

Pelini did it... then Nebraska hired him a few years too late ;)

Paperclip
1/3/2008, 11:52 AM
I guess they had to do that after last night, but in the long run this won't be a good hire. That rally 'round the flag bit works for one game, but it doesn't last a whole season.

jdsooner
1/3/2008, 12:24 PM
He deserves it. I hope we get to play them again and beat his butt.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2008, 12:30 PM
FWIW, the last time we played WVU, IN '82 OR '83, we didn't respect them, either. THEY CLOBBERED US IN NORMAN!

The Maestro
1/3/2008, 12:31 PM
Stewart = WVU's Coker.

hink4769
1/3/2008, 12:40 PM
Stewart = WVU's Coker.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, in the short run at least. Looking back, if I'm a Miami fan, I don't regret hiring Coker because he gave them a chance to win the NC because he ran the same system Davis did. WVU can make one last run at the NC with Pat White at QB and the system they are running now. I don't think it will take much coaching, the players they have there know what they're doing. If they brought some other guy in that runs a different system, it would take awhile for things to get up and running and there's no telling if the next coach would be able to recruit players of the same caliber that they have now (he probably won't because WV isn't exactly a football hotbed, people came there to play for Rodriguez). Miami may not have won their national title if they brought in Barry Alvarez or some other big name that tried to run the wrong system for their personnel.

TUSooner
1/3/2008, 12:43 PM
Good for him!
He looked like he was having a great time. Very positive.

r5TPsooner
1/3/2008, 12:55 PM
If his players play like they did last night every time out, he'll be at WVU for a long time.

Congrats to him as he seems like a stand up type of guy.

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2008, 10:13 PM
Stewart = WVU's Coker.
Don't be hating on the man just yet; he did an outstanding job getting his team ready to play and i'm happy for him he got the job as he totally deserves a shot

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 10:15 PM
He should send Bob Stoops a thank you card.

Redgiant2
1/4/2008, 01:59 AM
The way those guys responded to him he deserved it. His team absolutely LOVED him and it showed on the field. He may or may not succeed as a head coach but after last night he earned the right to find out whether or not he's got the minerals for it. I hope he does, he looked like he was having the time of his life and so did the players and staff. Congratulations go out to him.

insuranceman_22
1/4/2008, 02:02 AM
If his players play like they did last night every time out, he'll be at WVU for a long time.

Congrats to him as he seems like a stand up type of guy.

Exactly....

Crucifax Autumn
1/4/2008, 03:10 AM
He totally deserves it after last night...

Now I hope he loses every game and gets fired! lol

LetsGoMountaineers
1/4/2008, 09:58 AM
As a mountaineer fan I for one was glad to see they gave Coach Stew a shot! I feel he deserves a shot...people are hating on him and not giving him a shot but i think he proved Wednesday night that he could coach with the best! Next year may or may not work out for him but I feel he deserves a shot. Owen Scmitt was a walk-on because nobody would give him a shot, and look how he turned out! Pat White would be playing defensive back at LSU they didnt want him as QB and he has turned out to be a very vital weapon, and STeve Slaton had a scholarship dropped by Maryland and all 3 of these have turned out to prove people wrong! I feel that Stewart has that capability also and I for one am 100% happy with the hire! IT was obvious that the team respected him and that means alot. WHen players will stand up and say HE NEEDS TO BE OUR COACH knowing all other candidates were watching those players took a step out on a limb to let the world know that they thought he was the man for the job! You guys have a great team and will be good again next year!!!! Maybe one of these days we can play in the regular seaon...i think it would be a good OOC game!

sooneron
1/4/2008, 10:16 AM
He deserves it. I'm happy for the guy, he brought his team ready to play. Seems like a class act, which is nice.