PDA

View Full Version : A view from the other side

cahusker
1/3/2008, 10:16 AM
A lot of you on this board should be ashamed of yourselves. So many of you calling for Stoops' head. Remember where you came from before he got here. There is not a place in a America where he would not be wanted. I did not agree with the odside kick but it was a gutsy call and if it works you all say he's got huge ba.ls. Remember my legend(Osborne)? He is the one so many Nebraskan's wanted fired. In our '83 OB loss to Miami, down 17-0 he called a Fumblerooskie, where the center and qb intentionaly fumble it and the right guard pulls and scoops it up and he went in for a TD. Osborne was called gutsy and was a hero for that call and getting us back into the game. If it goes bad well.... you know

You guys have a great staff

Oh and for crying out loud you have a freshman qb. Come on try looking at the bright side.

Tear Down This Wall
1/3/2008, 10:19 AM
Tom Osborne...

Never in one million years would Tom Osborne go for two midway through the third period then attempt an onside kick with three defensive starter out of the game and another playing on a gimpy leg.

By the way, I'm not the one calling for Bob Stoops' head...I'm just calling for him to pull it out of his *** during bowl preparations.

The Maestro
1/3/2008, 10:22 AM
Speaking of Tom Osborne...he went through a stretch where his teams were a joke in bowl games.

Of course, his opponents had coaches.

Tear Down This Wall
1/3/2008, 10:25 AM
Good point, Maestro. Thank goodness WVU was using their interim coach. No telling what may have happened if Rich Rodriguez had been on the other sideline. The game might have gotten out of hand! :D

Dio
1/3/2008, 10:25 AM
By the way, I'm not the one calling for Bob Stoops' head...I'm just calling for him to pull it out of his *** during bowl preparations.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winnah!

badger
1/3/2008, 10:47 AM
Nah, I don't think any Sooners are calling for Stoopsie's head. Perhaps you Huskers are just in "wishful thinking" mode again. You know, "I wish Pederson would just go away," or "I wish they would fire Callahan already," or "I wish Tom Osbourne would come back," or... wait a sec... all of that happened!

...except OU letting go of Stoops. That you will still have to deal with for many years to come. Oh, and don't think Bo is a savior or anything yet. Remember, his LSU superior Lester was once the bonehead at OSU.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/3/2008, 11:49 PM
Tom Osborne...

Never in one million years would Tom Osborne go for two midway through the third period then attempt an onside kick with three defensive starter out of the game and another playing on a gimpy leg.

Thanks for the sig.

UTsucks
1/3/2008, 11:59 PM
A lot of you on this board should be ashamed of yourselves. So many of you calling for Stoops' head. Remember where you came from before he got here. There is not a place in a America where he would not be wanted. I did not agree with the odside kick but it was a gutsy call and if it works you all say he's got huge ba.ls. Remember my legend(Osborne)? He is the one so many Nebraskan's wanted fired. In our '83 OB loss to Miami, down 17-0 he called a Fumblerooskie, where the center and qb intentionaly fumble it and the right guard pulls and scoops it up and he went in for a TD. Osborne was called gutsy and was a hero for that call and getting us back into the game. If it goes bad well.... you know

Oh and for crying out loud you have a freshman qb. Come on try looking at the bright side.

What bright side? I lost another HUGE bet on OU. I'll tell you this, next year I am betting every line against OU. Bobby don't cover da spreads!

Sooner Eclipse
1/4/2008, 12:18 AM

Look, most rational people are not calling for his head.

But, most of us see that Bob has decided to out talent the competetion. He seems to put no stock in out-thinking or out scheming other teams. I simply want him to loosen up the reins and start scouting himself. Both his offense and defense have become very traditional and predictable. I want to see the Sooners dominate all aspects of the game- physical and mental. We seem to be content to simply out muscle most teams. Its an arrogant attitude to think that you shouldn't accel in all aspects of the game.

This is what Texas used to be. No creativity.

I just wish Bob would loosen up and let the game become more fun for the players. I feel like the guys we have recuited lately treat this as simply a job. They need to be more emotionally invested in this team. Right now, too many see it as a stepping stone to the NFL and nothing else.

OU-HSV
1/4/2008, 12:21 AM
Look, most rational people are not calling for his head.

But, most of us see that Bob has decided to out talent the competetion. He seems to put no stock in out-thinking or out scheming other teams. I simply want him to loosen up the reins and start scouting himself. Both his offense and defense have become very traditional and predictable. I want to see the Sooners dominate all aspects of the game- physical and mental. We seem to be content to simply out muscle most teams. Its an arrogant attitude to think that you shouldn't accel in all aspects of the game.

This is what Texas used to be. No creativity.

I just wish Bob would loosen up and let the game become more fun for the players. I feel like the guys we have recuited lately treat this as simply a job. They need to be more emotionally invested in this team. Right now, too many see it as a stepping stone to the NFL and nothing else.
Well said