PDA

View Full Version : I was watching the game last night

OU4LIFE
1/3/2008, 08:35 AM
and before I was completely disgusted, I heard one of the announcers say "White drops back, he has a pocket", and all I could think of was 'I has a pocket' and how that would play in the 'I'm in your base' thread.

...and aside from the dismal performance of OUr team, that was some of the WORST announcing and camera work I've ever seen in a bowl game...random extended shots of the sidelines? Man, them Gatorade buckets were SWEET. morans.

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 08:41 AM
and before I was completely disgusted, I heard one of the announcers say "White drops back, he has a pocket", and all I could think of was 'I has a pocket' and how that would play in the 'I'm in your base' thread.

...and aside from the dismal performance of OUr team, that was some of the WORST announcing and camera work I've ever seen in a bowl game...random extended shots of the sidelines? Man, them Gatorade buckets were SWEET. morans.
Go Knock some balls around or sumpin ok ?:pop:

Sooner_Bob
1/3/2008, 08:49 AM
And what was up with that scary sideline reporter Laura Okmin?

NormanPride
1/3/2008, 10:01 AM
Shot 1: Big play from WVU as OU players slip and slide their way to ineptitude
Announcers: And there goes Devine!
Shot 2: Gatorade buckets
Announcers: This kid has such a great story. Let's talk about it for 3 minutes while OU plays offense.
Shot 3: DLP camera
Announcers: That was a good run by Patrick. White is getting more time in the pocket now.
Shot 4: Dingle + Berry
Announcers: Man, this game is fun to watch if you're a WVU fan.
Shot 5: Finally back to the field as OU kicks a field goal.

I really hate Fox.

jeremy885
1/3/2008, 10:17 AM
Announcers: Kevin Wilson is an aggressive play caller.

1stTimeCaller
1/3/2008, 10:34 AM
I really enjoyed how they would cut to a commercial nano seconds after the play was over. Sometimes they cut to commercial before the play was over.

rufnek05
1/3/2008, 10:45 AM
i liked how dingle and berry sat next to each other

crawfish
1/3/2008, 10:47 AM
Loser.

;)

Howzit
1/3/2008, 10:52 AM
I really enjoyed it when the announcers pointed out how, really, Oklahoma just didn't have that much to play for when West Virginia did.

Enjoyed. it.

Osce0la
1/3/2008, 10:59 AM
i liked how dingle and berry sat next to each other
I couldn't believe the announcers actually pointed it out...They were sitting in the opposite order thought (Berry + Dingle), and the announcers said something like "They shouldn't let those 2 sit together - and if they do, they need to stay in that order"....

I couldn't believe that game...I fully expected OU to go out and pwn WVU...

Soonrboy
1/3/2008, 11:25 AM
there was a game last night?

mxATVracer10
1/3/2008, 11:29 AM
How about when the sideline reporter from Eddie Sutton's tanning salon was interviewing the mowhawked fullback feller... I was just waiting for him to break out "I love mama!" when he started chocking up. That woulda been greatness! :texan:

OU4LIFE
1/3/2008, 11:31 AM
heh.

I bet he's in love with Vickie Valencourt.

rufnek05
1/3/2008, 11:44 AM
i like how they called him a beer truck.

StoopTroup
1/3/2008, 11:44 AM
I'm very disappointed.

Boarder
1/3/2008, 12:02 PM
How can any camera work discussion not include a comment on the band shots. If there would have been a drinking game where you took a sip every time they had a shot of one of the bands you'd have been wasted at half. I was already in a fairly foul mood and then the band shots just started wearing on me. It's like there were no fans at all. Run. Coach. Band. Band. Coach. Band. Sideline. Play in progress. Band. Band Band band abdna dbaddabadbadnadnbadqaadbadbsfabsef kdasgegaegqg

Ok, I'm getting mad again. I have to stop.

So! How 'bout that cold weather? Brrrrrr. It's chilly today!

bri
1/3/2008, 12:14 PM

They were foreshadowing the end of the game, when all of those Gatorade buckets were emptied out on any WVU coach in a three-mile radius. I think a graduate assistant even got a Gatorade victory shower while they were waiting for that last 30 seconds to run out so they could get their complimentary t-shirts and hats and take turns letting Laura Okam put the "feel good" in their "feel good story". :eek:

Miko
1/3/2008, 12:18 PM

Don't get me started. I hate cold weather. HATE. IT.:mad: I hate puppies. :mad: I hate kittens. :mad: I hate balloons. :mad:

I cereal tasted like crap this morning. :mad: The coffee tastes like crap. :mad: My co-workers all need to be lined up in front of a brick wall. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe I need to go watch the 63-14 game.

Sooner_Bob
1/3/2008, 12:21 PM
How can any camera work discussion not include a comment on the band shots. If there would have been a drinking game where you took a sip every time they had a shot of one of the bands you'd have been wasted at half. I was already in a fairly foul mood and then the band shots just started wearing on me. It's like there were no fans at all. Run. Coach. Band. Band. Coach. Band. Sideline. Play in progress. Band. Band Band band abdna dbaddabadbadnadnbadqaadbadbsfabsef kdasgegaegqg

Ok, I'm getting mad again. I have to stop.

On a happy note, I heard your "eVArrRRR" LWM commercial this morning and it made me smile.

Miko
1/3/2008, 12:32 PM
I cereal tasted like crap this morning. :mad:

I hate grammar!:mad: I hate diction!:mad: I hate the English language!:mad:

bri
1/3/2008, 12:35 PM
You hate keeping things in perspective!

Miko
1/3/2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, that too.

bri
1/3/2008, 01:14 PM
Heh.

picasso
1/3/2008, 01:20 PM
I enjoyed watching the W Virginny players cry and hug, only way it could been better is if one of them proposed to their old lady or the coach started singing Take Me Home Country Road...

OU4LIFE
1/3/2008, 02:43 PM
On a happy note, I heard your "eVArrRRR" LWM commercial this morning and it made me smile.

...IN HIS PANTS!

zang

sooneron
1/4/2008, 11:03 AM
I enjoyed watching the W Virginny players cry and hug, only way it could been better is if one of them proposed to their old lady or the coach started singing Take Me Home Country Road...
heh