PDA

View Full Version : What I saw was bad execution....

IGotNoTiming
1/3/2008, 08:18 AM
I don't know if I agree with all the neg on our play calling. On offense it was a tale of two halves. Once Sam got on target in the second half our running game opened up. This first half was really rough for Sam and the passing game and it appeared WVU was going to wait until Sam showed he could beat them and focused on the runninng game.... execution wasn't there in the first half

The worst disappointment was the penalties.... That shot us in the foot repeatedly...

OULenexaman
1/3/2008, 08:39 AM
and all those penalties are a result of too many people playing without any accountability....there seems to be no accountability on this team at times.

auto
1/3/2008, 08:46 AM
After 3 BCS bowls of defending "Big Game Bob", I am a little tired. I thought the defense played good the first few series.

However, the offensive line penalties were devastating. I agree with the previous poster is that Sam was not on target the first half, he is a RS Freshman, and overall, I can't complain.

The onside kick, terrible execution and failure not to cover the kick once it was known it was not going to go 10 yards, certainly someone told the kicking team this. While people rip on this call, I am glad to see Bob finally making some gutsy calls, which we have been short on lately. However, I thought the timing was horrible.

All in all another failure on the big stage, unless we go undefeated, we will never get into the title game (which might not be a bad thing). I don't get the flatness, SC, Texas, Missouri, and Michigan all looked sharp. Still think there is only a few coaches possibly better than Bob, but one BCS win, and some of the discourse will diminsh.

Wore the OU hat to the gym this morning, not a person said a word, not even the whorn fans, they know the score.

Soonerbabeinbama
1/3/2008, 09:15 AM
I liked the "gutsy calls" too, and I agree that it was bad timing. Way too early in the game for that I think. We were in striking distance before the onside kick and that put WV in excellent field position. The rest is history. Unfortunately the "bowl curse" continues! Last three bowl games our guys kinda look like deers caught in the headlights. No spark. Last night was too little too late. Still love my Sooners though!!

McSoonerDad
1/3/2008, 10:15 AM
I saw a lot of over reaction across the line. THe WV cutbacks were there all night and they recognized it. I would think after last year the coaching staff would make sure the players were in positions across the field and not all together. Pretty simple actually. Our defense is good but they have to stay home in order to take that away. Maybe a coach should have seen this.

THe one bright thing I saw was Quentin Chaney. What a star he will be. Acted like he wanted to be there. Thank God he showed up. He was a stud last night.

Kicking game was very good to. Punts were awesome in most cases. Returns were good to.

Overall we just played bad and WV had the game of their life. Cudos to them. If nothing else we always get to make the opposing team a posterchild.

Widescreen
1/3/2008, 11:15 AM
2 positives last night:

1) Chaney. I guess I can't refer to him as stone-hands anymore. I was shocked.
2) Iglesias on kick returns. He had nearly 200 yards in returns and would've had more if it hadn't been for penalties.

TripleOption14
1/3/2008, 11:21 AM
What i saw was a team that was not prepared and a team that was slower than dog sh!t off the ball! How many times did WVU run right by our O-line?

Oh wait there's another holding penalty!!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/3/2008, 11:29 AM
That was the worst our O-line has played all year. Reminded me of a couple of years ago when Bomar was the QB and he was running for his life the whole time.

Our O-line needed to drink some coffee or something. They were walking in mud.

McSoonerDad
1/3/2008, 12:08 PM
So much for 6'9" 365. How bout some 6'4" 325 that has a bit of speed. Kelly Greg wasn't the biggest but had a lot of heart and speed and is still a great Pro. THank God we didnt play usc. THey would have racked up a hundred.

Sirus
1/3/2008, 12:14 PM
"Oklahoma's a great team," White said. "I think we were just a little bit hungrier than they were."

Took the words right out of my mouth.