PDA

View Full Version : Some thanks to Bradford are in order

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2008, 03:55 AM
If he had not posted such an incredible freshman season, which bowl would we have played in? We sometimes forget how important good QB play is to the success of a team.

Jello Biafra
1/3/2008, 04:02 AM
who cares? why is this a relevant question? we were invited to the tostitos fiesta bowl and lost.we coulda played in the independance bowl with a few more bad passes or we coulda been playing in the national championship with a few more td passes against colorado and tt.

sam's win/loss/stats don't matter.

he still played a hellla game.

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2008, 04:34 AM
I have to admit, I was not expecting that.

Is there someone out there that appreciates the job Sam did for the Sooners this year? Anyone?

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2008, 04:52 AM
I will stand up for Sam!

Earickson
1/3/2008, 05:00 AM
Do I appreciate the job he did, well,... yeah..., but I'm not on the team. I bet his teammates appreciate him, and I think that most fans appreciate him too. (even though I am registered on a site called Soonerfans.com, I'm not a fan, I'm just a humble, distant, Sooner alumni football watcher, but www.sooneralumnifootballwatcher.com (http://www.sooneralumnifootballwatcher.com) is a crap site so I come here).

I think he had a great year for a freshman, or any class for that matter. He led the offensive side of the ball to a lot of wins, and he played tough last night. Defense, and special teams were disappointing to watch, and I saw way too much yellow flying through the air. Sloppy game, hate to watch that, but West Virginia played with a lot of fire, and they looked really solid, I'm not surprised they won the game. I'm happy for them, disappointed in OU's performance because I know they could have showed better than that. I'm not saying they would have won, but they could have showed better than they did.

I think what JB was getting at, well...........I'm not going to try to guess what another person was trying to say, but here's how I feel about your question.

It's a team sport, it's not about just one guy, and that guys stats and how his stats put him in "this" or "that" class in regards to performance at his position for a freshman. As for how his play effected the play of those around him, I can only guess. It seems to me, based on when he wasn't playing, that he was a big factor in the offense, and after watching the TT game, I don't think OU would have had such a successful season without him at QB. However, it's hard to say how much better or worse the entire team would be if say, Bradford was in there, but he played "average" instead of "above-average" or vice versa, let's say he just kinda played pretty sub par all year.

Maybe other players would have stepped it up, who knows.

If you are wondering if OU overachieved this season due to Bradford performing above what the expectations of him were, (I don't know if you are wondering this, but the people I watched the game with thought it, so I'll throw it out there), I don't think so. I think OU rightfully belonged in the Fiesta bowl, and I think the matchup was all you could hope for, but OU just stunk tonight, so they lose.

(please excuse my overly wordy post, I just finished off a couple cups of crazy strong coffee)

Jello Biafra
1/3/2008, 11:08 AM
Do I appreciate the job he did, well,... yeah..., but I'm not on the team. I bet his teammates appreciate him, and I think that most fans appreciate him too. (even though I am registered on a site called Soonerfans.com, I'm not a fan, I'm just a humble, distant, Sooner alumni football watcher, but www.sooneralumnifootballwatcher.com (http://www.sooneralumnifootballwatcher.com) is a crap site so I come here).

I think he had a great year for a freshman, or any class for that matter. He led the offensive side of the ball to a lot of wins, and he played tough last night. Defense, and special teams were disappointing to watch, and I saw way too much yellow flying through the air. Sloppy game, hate to watch that, but West Virginia played with a lot of fire, and they looked really solid, I'm not surprised they won the game. I'm happy for them, disappointed in OU's performance because I know they could have showed better than that. I'm not saying they would have won, but they could have showed better than they did.

I think what JB was getting at, well...........I'm not going to try to guess what another person was trying to say, but here's how I feel about your question.

It's a team sport, it's not about just one guy, and that guys stats and how his stats put him in "this" or "that" class in regards to performance at his position for a freshman. As for how his play effected the play of those around him, I can only guess. It seems to me, based on when he wasn't playing, that he was a big factor in the offense, and after watching the TT game, I don't think OU would have had such a successful season without him at QB. However, it's hard to say how much better or worse the entire team would be if say, Bradford was in there, but he played "average" instead of "above-average" or vice versa, let's say he just kinda played pretty sub par all year.

Maybe other players would have stepped it up, who knows.

If you are wondering if OU overachieved this season due to Bradford performing above what the expectations of him were, (I don't know if you are wondering this, but the people I watched the game with thought it, so I'll throw it out there), I don't think so. I think OU rightfully belonged in the Fiesta bowl, and I think the matchup was all you could hope for, but OU just stunk tonight, so they lose.

(please excuse my overly wordy post, I just finished off a couple cups of crazy strong coffee)

money. team sport. blah blah

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 11:34 AM
Sam is only one player on the team. He did a good job, because the players around him played well too.

Boomer!

DickyDunn
1/3/2008, 12:28 PM
What? You are talking about the guy that had blinders on most of the game and glazed over eyes? Don't give me the young, RS Frosh, blah either ..... Not all on his shoulders, but Thanks for what?

SoonerInKCMO
1/3/2008, 12:46 PM
Dare I say that's quite the auspicious beginning for ol' Dicky.

rubyspirit
1/3/2008, 12:53 PM
What? You are talking about the guy that had blinders on most of the game and glazed over eyes? Don't give me the young, RS Frosh, blah either ..... Not all on his shoulders, but Thanks for what?

We're talking about the 2007 season ... not one stinking game!

TUSooner
1/3/2008, 12:56 PM
Dickey's Done?

I'm very glad we have Sam, but he still needs to get better, because his inexperience has shown in a few spots.

And I have to say he looked pretty lame when he got sacked that one time when the blitzer just hit him a glancing blow to his back and he fell to his knees a second later. If we'd have won, that would have been a funny thing. ;)

OKC-SLC
1/3/2008, 12:58 PM
If we'd have won, that would have been a funny thing. ;)
Nahh, it's still funny.

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2008, 01:02 PM
Try not to bowl Sam over with your appreciation, fellas. :rolleyes:

Rhino
1/3/2008, 01:14 PM
What? You are talking about the guy that had blinders on most of the game and glazed over eyes? Don't give me the young, RS Frosh, blah either ..... Not all on his shoulders, but Thanks for what? For completing 64% of his passes while getting hit in the mouth almost every play? For throwing for 242 yards and two touchdowns while running for his life against a very talented d-line that our overrated o-line can't block?

If you can't appreciate how well he played, then I don't know what to tell ya.

SoonerLB
1/3/2008, 01:21 PM
What Rhino said! Especially the over-rated O-line!

r5TPsooner
1/3/2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks to Sam but I just wished his teammates would have showed up last nite.

soonerlaw
1/3/2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks as well to Patrick, Gute, Finley, and the rest of the seniors who gave it there all over the past few years. It was really great to see Gute get a carry.