PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love OU Football

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 12:58 AM
Cause its better than any Ho Ive evar been with .
The Sooners have takin me to the Highest highs and the Lowest lows .

Its Just Great to be a Sooner
BOOMER

OKC-SLC
1/3/2008, 01:03 AM
Word.

Flagstaffsooner
1/3/2008, 01:04 AM
Love Hurts.

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 01:05 AM
Love Hurts.
you should Know :cool:

TUSooner
1/3/2008, 01:09 AM
Sweriously, I'm thinking I love it just a little too much. I am happy when we win, sad when we lose; that's fine. But I am so completely disgusted and angry when we play dead like we did in the Fiesta Bowl tonight, I wonder why I care so much.
It doesn't really affect anything significant about my life, family, or livelihood.
It will be good to have a few months off, and to come back with a renewed outlook next season.

Whet
1/3/2008, 01:10 AM
I gotta agree! As a Sooner fan, we do get to experience the highest of highs and some of the lowest of lows - sometimes in the same season!

goingoneight
1/3/2008, 01:12 AM
It's a sport. It's an amateur sport.

It's fun, but remember they're not machines, they're kids playing the best of the best in the BCS bowls. 2-4 is an ugly number, but by god we have many things the rest of the country doesn't. Starting with a coach who consistently wins and gets us to BCS games. It's not exactly something just anyone can do, ya know.

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 01:13 AM
Love Hurts.
Especialy when you in love with this bitch
http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/10/24/yoko.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
1/3/2008, 01:14 AM
ick

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 01:15 AM
It's a sport. It's an amateur sport.

It's fun, but remember they're not machines, they're kids playing the best of the best in the BCS bowls. 2-4 is an ugly number, but by god we have many things the rest of the country doesn't. Starting with a coach who consistently wins and gets us to BCS games. It's not exactly something just anyone can do, ya know.

Yup How Many other Teams Fans whould change places with US ?
Right ****ing Now ;)

A Sooner in Texas
1/3/2008, 01:16 AM
This may be a sad statement on my life, but outside of my sons and my family, the Sooners are the greatest loves of my life.
Even with the most painful losses, they've made me happier overall than any man I've known. :D

soonerhubs
1/3/2008, 01:20 AM
I raise my Dublin Dr. Pepper to the Soonernation! It's great to be in this State. I love Oklahoma.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2008, 01:21 AM
Cause its better than any Ho Ive evar been with .
The Sooners have takin me to the Highest highs and the Lowest lows .

Its Just Great to be a Sooner
BOOMER

perhaps if you will stop calling your women "HO" you will find one that is more fulfilling than a football team.

....dont get me wrong...love the Sooners, otherwise I wouldnt be up late ona a chat board...but jeeez :)

Whet
1/3/2008, 01:24 AM
I remember several years ago, anytime the Sooners lost a game, I would sulk for days and have difficulty sleeping for several nights, as I went over "if onlys." But, then came the days of Gibbs, Boo, and the drunk that we do not speak.

Also, a few real life changing experiences that puts these games in perspective....

Although, I can still get very irate, disgusted, and of course, elated watching or listening to an OU game!

Oh Yoko, where for art thou?

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 02:02 AM
perhaps if you will stop calling your women "HO" you will find one that is more fulfilling than a football team.

....dont get me wrong...love the Sooners, otherwise I wouldnt be up late ona a chat board...but jeeez :)
PerHaps if they wernt Hos I would
But Ill stay with My Sooners :D :rolleyes:

yermom
1/3/2008, 02:08 AM
who else is ****ed when you win 11 games, and win the conference for the 2nd year in a row?

this sucks.

but it could be lots worse. we are spoiled :)

nothing but a national championship is going to be enough any year

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 02:11 AM
who else is ****ed when you win 11 games, and win the conference for the 2nd year in a row?

this sucks.

but it could be lots worse. we are spoiled :)

nothing but a national championship is going to be enough any year
Shut Yo Ho mouth :D
Ya could almost say we Are the University Of Spoiled .:eek:
The Monster has spoken

dominationStation
1/3/2008, 02:14 AM
It's nice to finally see some true ou fans not the ***holes that are dawning their Tulsa and USC gear now.

Thanks fellas I do honestly believe that the true OU fans however few their are. Is one of the tightest knit groups of people their are.

We bleed crimson not a bunch of other colors like some people

Crucifax Autumn
1/3/2008, 03:02 AM
Yep...and I'll be wearing my crimson to work tomorrow.

Fraggle145
1/3/2008, 03:05 AM
Olevet, I've said it before and I'll say it again. you are my hero.

insuranceman_22
1/3/2008, 03:23 AM
Shut Yo Ho mouth :D
Ya could almost say we Are the University Of Spoiled .:eek:
The Monster has spoken

True dat.

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 08:27 AM
Sweriously, I'm thinking I love it just a little too much. I am happy when we win, sad when we lose; that's fine. But I am so completely disgusted and angry when we play dead like we did in the Fiesta Bowl tonight, I wonder why I care so much.
It doesn't really affect anything significant about my life, family, or livelihood.
It will be good to have a few months off, and to come back with a renewed outlook next season.
I love you Kev ;) :pop:

SoonerKnight
1/3/2008, 08:41 AM
I wanted to vomit after last nites game. I waited a whole month to watch OU prove WE ARE BACK!!!! It did not happen I am severly dissappointed and hope this does not hurt our recruiting!!! i really want us to win BIG in a BIG game and I hate having to eat crow all the time. How come I can not be confident about my team and have it be true?

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 09:22 AM
I wanted to vomit after last nites game. I waited a whole month to watch OU prove WE ARE BACK!!!! It did not happen I am severly dissappointed and hope this does not hurt our recruiting!!! i really want us to win BIG in a BIG game and I hate having to eat crow all the time. How come I can not be confident about my team and have it be true?
Ya just need to Nut up , Be a Fan . And Hope and Pray that the young men that OU commits a degree to. Will Make a commitment back to OU
We lost some On D because of Stupid :mad:
Some By injury , On D and O
After the D loses Not enough time time to jell .:mad:

Miko
1/3/2008, 10:07 AM
I said this before, but there are times I actually envy baylor fan; he is used to losing and it probably dosn't hurt much. Tech fans seem some of the happiest I know; they are tickled when they win and don't seem to mind much when they lose.

Part and parcel of being a Sooner is having high expectations and not feeling complacent with defeat. It hurts a lot. When losing stops huring, we stop being Sooners.

I was thinking about what the King said last night, about Oklahoma being one of the few programs that always gets its opponents' best shots. I had heard that many times, but it really sunk in.

"Hey we beat xyz state" vs. "HEY! WE BEAT OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!"

This HAS been a great year, but it will take a while for the bowl loss to not hurt like hell. For example, I am now starting to get over losses from the early 80s.

OKC-SLC
1/3/2008, 01:15 PM
TUSooner--what you say rings a bell because I had this same thing happen to me after TGOWWDNS.

I grew up in OK, went to college at OU for Schnelly, Blake, Blake, Blake, and medical school with Bob x4. I was at all but about 2 home games during my undergrad years. I have put my time in.

But TGOWWDNS--that game hurt me more than a game of which I was not a participant should. At that point I literally reevaluated how important OU football was to me, and I decided it was too important. Little on this earth makes me happier than OU being successful, and like most of us I am The OU Fan everywhere I've been since living in Oklahoma. But it can't ruin me when they lose. Especially when uninspired play is the result of a month's preparation.

Behind my relationship with my God and my family and all things pertaining to those things (like career, etc.), there is nothing more important to me than OU football. But after TGOWWDNS, I decided that I can no longer care more about the games than the players and/or coaches seem to.

It's been quite liberating, really.

r5TPsooner
1/3/2008, 01:23 PM
Love Hurts.

Love Stinks.

FlatheadSooner
1/3/2008, 01:33 PM
I was thinking about what the King said last night, about Oklahoma being one of the few programs that always gets its opponents' best shots. I had heard that many times, but it really sunk in.

"Hey we beat xyz state" vs. "HEY! WE BEAT OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!"

Frankly I'm getting tired of OU being someone else's emotional tampon at the end of the season.

Hopefully, this will give OUr young team some motivation (again) in the offseason.

BOOMER!

SoonerJack
1/3/2008, 01:44 PM
OKC-SLC I know where you're coming from. While I didn't attend OU, I have invested pretty much every fall Saturday afternoon from the time I was old enough to remember (~1970?) to the present time, closely monitoring their progress. It's just part of who I am. Every time a Sooner back breaks into the open I yell, "Go Baby Go!" because that's what my dad would always say.

I think my love for the Sooners probably says more about my respect for the state and its history and tradition (see Homey's 100th anniversary sticky in the SO) that ties it all together.

But you have to put it in perspective. It really does help.

MextheBulldog
1/3/2008, 01:52 PM
Frankly I'm getting tired of OU being someone else's emotional tampon at the end of the season.
BOOMER!

Ewwwww....

But in the spirit of the thread, I will take a conference championship with associated BCS pain every year.

This was a very good year. One bizzaro night in Phoenix is not going to change that. Bring on 2008!

FlatheadSooner
1/3/2008, 02:00 PM
Ewwwww....

But in the spirit of the thread, I will take a conference championship with associated BCS pain every year.

This was a very good year. One bizzaro night in Phoenix is not going to change that. Bring on 2008!

Agreed. Guess I'll call my perspective the sweet & sour outlook.
;)

SoonerBOI
1/3/2008, 02:35 PM
Vet, I do not know you but if you ever run for public office you have my vote. BTW, I still love my Sooners.

StormySooner-IN
1/3/2008, 03:54 PM
Damn straight ya old drunk son of beeoch!:cool:

I've only been watching OU football (or any Football) since 2003, so I haven't even seen OU win a bowl game, (because 2005 doesn't exist), and I couldn't agree more. I love OU, no matter what.

Bros before hos, and I'll always be your DD.:cool::D:D

redblood
1/3/2008, 07:14 PM
Maybe Im silly, but I just get emotionally taken with the Sooners.I love the university and this great state of ours.It hurts to lose,but being a sooner that does not happen often.Other than family,OU is the greatest joy in my life.

SoonerKnight
1/6/2008, 09:20 PM
Maybe Im silly, but I just get emotionally taken with the Sooners.I love the university and this great state of ours.It hurts to lose,but being a sooner that does not happen often.Other than family,OU is the greatest joy in my life.

same here! OU thankfully is not used to losing and I still believe in Stoops!!!!

aero
1/6/2008, 09:52 PM
Of course my family is the most important thing in my life but OU football is right behind. Yeah, yeah, I get a new calendar every year but the year really starts with OU's first game. The few losses we have had certainly pain me but I don't feel we can be good winners if we can't be good losers. It happens. And I don't let ANYTHING ANYBODY says about any loss we've had - USC, Boise, LSU, WVU, - ANY loss, bother me. I'll stack up OUr won-loss, overall wins, national championships, all-americans, program history - you name it - against ANY other program. You will find none better, 99% worse, and 1 % maybe equal. Oh, and while my kids were born in Texas, I have bred them to be Sooner fans. Its rich.

MamaMia
1/7/2008, 02:22 AM
I always get a little teary eyed on Senior Day. :O

Animal Mother
1/7/2008, 01:34 PM
I gotta agree! As a Sooner fan, we do get to experience the highest of highs and some of the lowest of lows - sometimes in the same quarter!

Fixed it!!!! ARH!!!

JUST GIVE ME A TV AND A SOONER FOOTBALL GAME AND I'LL BE FINE!!!!