PDA

View Full Version : Something I was reminded about tonight...

TripleOption14
1/3/2008, 12:39 AM
Bigger does not always mean better when it come to O-lines. If they guys you are lining up against simply run past you whats the point of all that size and power?? That is all.

Tune in next year for another exciting letdown of...

OU POST SEASON DISASTERS!!!!! (big voice guy)

jagwelborn
1/3/2008, 12:48 AM
Bigger does not always mean better when it come to O-lines. If they guys you are lining up against simply run past you whats the point of all that size and power?? That is all.

Tune in next year for another exciting letdown of...

OU POST SEASON DISASTERS!!!!! (big voice guy)

What are you talking about? What do you have to backup your pessimistic outlook? Take a look at the facts...

2007 - 11-2 regular season, loses to WV 48-28 in the Fiesta Bowl.
2006 - 11-2 regular season, loses to BS 43-42 in the Fiesta Bowl.
2005 - 8-3 regular season, beats Oregon 17-14 in the Holiday Bowl.
2004 - 12-0 regular season, loses to USC 55-19 in the Orange Bowl.
2003 - 12-1 regular season, loses to LSU 21-14 in the Sugar Bowl.

Now everyone is going to want to play Oklahoma in bowl games...LOL!

TripleOption14
1/3/2008, 12:55 AM
What are you talking about? What do you have to backup your pessimistic outlook? Take a look at the facts...

2007 - 11-2 regular season, loses to WV 48-28 in the Fiesta Bowl.
2006 - 11-2 regular season, loses to BS 43-42 in the Fiesta Bowl.
2005 - 8-3 regular season, beats Oregon 17-14 in the Holiday Bowl.
2004 - 12-0 regular season, loses to USC 55-19 in the Orange Bowl.
2003 - 12-1 regular season, loses to LSU 21-14 in the Sugar Bowl.

Now everyone is going to want to play Oklahoma in bowl games...LOL!

:D I like the USC @SS kicking the best! How bout you?

This game was in the same vain. AD was just gonna be able to run all over the smaller faster USC D-line because of our "huge overpowering" O-line. Everyone remember that talk? God whatta joke. And your right that EVERYONE is gonna be happy when they draw OU in bowl games.

jagwelborn
1/3/2008, 12:58 AM
:D I like the USC @SS kicking the best! How bout you?

This game was in the same vain. AD was just gonna be able to run all over the smaller faster USC D-line because of our "huge overpowering" O-line. Everyone remember that talk? God whatta joke. And your right that EVERYONE is gonna be happy when they draw OU in bowl games.

I'm not sayin I like it...but OU has to do something about the developing trend...

TripleOption14
1/3/2008, 01:01 AM
I'm not sayin I like it...but OU has to do something about the developing trend...

I was being sarcastic. And yes they need to do something in the worst of ways.

bluedogok
For guys are big as they are, they sure suck at run blocking. They looked slow and fat most of the season, they need to lose 30-50 on average across the line. They need to put that "stupid" aggression AFTER a play INTO the play. They have gotten way too many boneheaded personal foul penalties throughout the season. For all the hype, they were very disappointing.

TripleOption14

bluedogok
1/3/2008, 01:03 AM
Duplicate due to lag

TripleOption14
1/3/2008, 01:05 AM
I wonder if Austen English eats "Big" Phil alive in practice. He's that speedy blitzing style of DE off the corner?? Hmm...

jagwelborn
1/3/2008, 01:08 AM

Sorry, I read your sarcasm and posted straight from the pain in the gut I'm feeling right now...:(